You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

marcus50bucks

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cij, Gerrard gave an interview when playing for England, and he said that he as he is getting older he hasn't got the legs to get around as much.

I would not be surprised if he plays deeper in a large chunk of games next season, rather than as an attacking midfielder. Also nearly any player coming into the squad being compared to Gerrard in say four different spots would more than likely be weaker.

Which begs the question if he is such a great manager, of whom Bill Shankly wouldnt be fit to lick the laces of his boots, why has he signed for a club without a manager when our great manager has come calling?

Spurs do have a manager and Sigurdsson has given an interview saying "I like him and the ideas he has. He has faith in me and I'm looking forward to working under his leadership."

But maybe Sigurdsson liked living near London when he was at Reading, maybe he was motivated by the higher wages Spurs offered, maybe he genuinely believes they have "world class players" and "play good football", maybe he liked the vision presented to him, maybe he has been told Van der Vaart is off, maybe he didn't fancy his chances of dislodging Steven Gerrard, maybe he just doesn't like Liverpool as a club or a city but you are probably right that he simply went off Rodgers as he is a shit manager.

You think he arranged it yesterday?

Fucking hell. Fair enough not rating him, but having a go about him getting married?

Preseason starts 1st week in July every year, skertl and Adam both got married a month ago, it's not about rating him he's just a awful professional, this just adds to the "mental issues" and pulling outta games over a sniffle

The wedding's probably been organised for a year or two, and it would've been his wife that chose the date.

Preseason was probably decided at the end of last season.

No preseason starts 1st week in July every year, every time you hear of a player getting married it's may or June, we've our 1st competitive game 4 weeks today.

However, the air of despondency that has greeted his decision is unwarranted.

The air of despondency is fueled by more than just this decision. To some this is yet another reminder of our diminished circumstances. Another milepost alongside the road to mediocrity.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
11 July apparently. What a massive fucking cunt.

Hurrah, the sensible people have arrived.

I think you'll find alonso got married in July but when he was along with other Spanish players an extended break as they were playing in that pre world cup tournament in 2009

I know it's a laughable thought Trucker, but do you think there's a possibility, however slim, that it was arranged so it didn't clash with the Euro's?

I know you think he's completely shite, and I'm not disagreeing with you, but he may have thought a season at Milan would give him a shot at getting into the Italian squad...

EDIT: obviously talking about Aquilani, not Alonso.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I think you'll find alonso got married in July but when he was along with other Spanish players an extended break as they were playing in that pre world cup tournament in 2009

Oh, so what? Why are you banging on about this. Surely you'd be better spending your time spinning this into how the owners are giant bastards?

The air of despondency is fueled by more than just this decision. To some this is yet another reminder of our diminished circumstances. Another milepost alongside the road to mediocrity.

Fair enough, I agree that there is some cause for concern. However, I personally think the onset of depression may be a little premature and should be postponed until at least the start of the season. If we have not signed any promising players FSG will be facing a full scale revolt. I just don't think the first week in July is the right time to proclaim our demise.

I know it's a laughable thought Trucker, but do you think there's a possibility, however slim, that it was arranged so it didn't clash with the Euro's?

I know you think he's completely shite, and I'm not disagreeing with you, but he may have thought a season at Milan would give him a shot at getting into the Italian squad...

EDIT: obviously talking about Aquilani, not Alonso.

Your right very laughable, also I don't think he's completely shite, I know he's a terrible professional

This morning I'm inclined to agree that I was a bit drunk... I mean, harsh.

Still, I have grave doubts. About our manager. Our signings (or the potential lack thereof). And, most of all, about our owners.

You need to man up. I am calm, therefore you should also be calm.

That's how it works.

Guest davelfc
Rodgers on Sigurdsson: "I believed playing football will be most important to him but obviously it was important financially."

Wafflefish translation.

'I thought he valued football but it appears he's a money grabbing bastard"

Spurs do have a manager and Sigurdsson has given an interview saying "I like him and the ideas he has. He has faith in me and I'm looking forward to working under his leadership."

But maybe Sigurdsson liked living near London when he was at Reading, maybe he was motivated by the higher wages Spurs offered, maybe he genuinely believes they have "world class players" and "play good football", maybe he liked the vision presented to him, maybe he has been told Van der Vaart is off, maybe he didn't fancy his chances of dislodging Steven Gerrard, maybe he just doesn't like Liverpool as a club or a city but you are probably right that he simply went off Rodgers as he is a shit manager.

Staring irritates, creates uncomfortable environment - thenews.com.pk

About time they clamped down on this sort of thing now where was I? Oh yes, I was about to call you a lickspittle but hearing this news has left me feeling a tad more generous, there is still some justice in the world, yes they have a new manager, some non-descript sucker, it seems he has little faith in us and our meagre moneyspinningball wages. We are a bland team, with a bland kit, a bland manager and bland owners, you've met Ian Ayre, hes just revamped our LFC news and current affairs output? Oh for the soft Ecru days lost in a Leonhardsen daze amidst passionate craze with each wash fades now Oynvind dont wear shades, he's just another face in the crowd ablaze with rage.