You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Running

Redder Lurtz

2 hours ago, an tha said:

And Week 10 is in the bag! The weeks are really flying by.....6 weeks today i will be running the London Marathon!

Tues:  2 hr 37 mins - 16.07 miles - 9.46 min per mile

Thurs: 1 hr  - 6.77 miles - 8.52 min per mile

Fri: 30 mins - 3.14 miles - 9.34 min per mile 

Today: 1hr 30 mins - 9.38 miles - 9.36 min per mile

Forward to Week 11 I go....

Did you have support for your long runs again?

I could never manage to carry anything when I was running so did longer runs as laps, leaving water and food on the doorstep to pick up every 10k.

With all the water stations at the event itself you won’t need to carry anything especially if you have supporters strategically placed along the route

49 minutes ago, Champ said:

Did you have support for your long runs again?

I could never manage to carry anything when I was running so did longer runs as laps, leaving water and food on the doorstep to pick up every 10k.

With all the water stations at the event itself you won’t need to carry anything especially if you have supporters strategically placed along the route

Only last week on Sun (for first time) when the Mrs came out with some water and same tues this week.

That support will be needed again next sun and for the two longs runs after that as will be up to 18 and 20 plus miles.

Anything under about 2 hrs and when it isn't dead hot i (rightly or wrongly) seem to be adapted to not needing it......but i will take on water on day.

Today for example it was cool and 90 mins was just no trouble at all - quite happy to hydrate before and drink again after.

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Due to the heat and the local park I usually run in being partly closed for refurb, I've been running exclusively on a treadmill at the gym for the past couple of months. It definitely has its pluses, such as more accurate timing and pace, air-con, water to hand, no cunts walking their dogs on my path etc, but by fuck it gets boring pretty quick. A situation not helped by the fact that I'm currently in training to reach a goal I read about on some running forum or other a while back - 'Tontober', running 100k in a month, which is a substantial increase on what I was doing before. 

Nice work....i hate treadmill running myself even if take something to watch....it is of course good for taking water/fuel.

And Week 10 is in the bag! The weeks are really flying by.....5 weeks today i will be running the London Marathon - scary thought, but also exciting.

Tues:  30 mins - 3.11 miles - 9.39 min per mile

Weds: 1 hr  - 6.31 miles - 9.30 min per mile

Fri: 50 mins - 5.22 miles - 9.35 min per mile 

Today: 2 hours 45 mins run, or distance goal of 16 miles - whichever comes first....The 16 miles did....

2 hrs 30 mins 58 secs - 16 miles - 9.26 min per mile

Forward to Week 12 I go....

• Upvote 3

And Week 10 is in the bag! The weeks are really flying by.....5 weeks today i will be running the London Marathon - scary thought, but also exciting.

Tues:  30 mins - 3.11 miles - 9.39 min per mile

Weds: 1 hr  - 6.31 miles - 9.30 min per mile

Fri: 50 mins - 5.22 miles - 9.35 min per mile 

Today: 2 hours 45 mins run, or distance goal of 16 miles - whichever comes first....The 16 miles did....

2 hrs 30 mins 58 secs - 16 miles - 9.26 min per mile

Forward to Week 12 I go....

Week 11 in the bag not 10....!

And Week 12 is in the bag! The weeks are really flying by.....4 weeks today i will be running the London Marathon.

This week has been hard work - next week is a big week - but after that the taper starts.

Week just done: 

Tues:  50 mins - 5.14 miles - 9.44 min per mile

Weds: 50 mins  - 5.24 miles - 9.33 min per mile

Fri: 35 mins - 3.69 miles - 9.29 min per mile 

Today: 3 hours run, or distance goal of 18 miles - whichever comes first....The 18 miles did....

2 hrs 51 mins 52 secs - 18 miles - 9.33 min per mile.

Worked on water and fuel today...took on about 300ml of water after about an hour and about 250ml of lucozade sport after about 2 hrs - also took 2 gels - 1 after 50 mins - the other after 1hr 40 mins.

These:

031750_A.jpg

Felt ok - felt about right and i felt good and strong at 18 mile finish.

Forward to Week 13 I go....

• Upvote 4

And Week 12 is in the bag! The weeks are really flying by.....4 weeks today i will be running the London Marathon.

This week has been hard work - next week is a big week - but after that the taper starts.

Week just done: 

Tues:  50 mins - 5.14 miles - 9.44 min per mile

Weds: 50 mins  - 5.24 miles - 9.33 min per mile

Fri: 35 mins - 3.69 miles - 9.29 min per mile 

Today: 3 hours run, or distance goal of 18 miles - whichever comes first....The 18 miles did....

2 hrs 51 mins 52 secs - 18 miles - 9.33 min per mile.

Worked on water and fuel today...took on about 300ml of water after about an hour and about 250ml of lucozade sport after about 2 hrs - also took 2 gels - 1 after 50 mins - the other after 1hr 40 mins.

These:

031750_A.jpg

Felt ok - felt about right and i felt good and strong at 18 mile finish.

Forward to Week 13 I go....

Are you fundraising, an tha?

13 minutes ago, Champ said:

Are you fundraising, an tha?

I am, running for a charity;

Childhood First provide 24/7 residential care, treatment and therapeutic education for 5-18 year old children who have suffered severe abuse, neglect and trauma.

They have two homes and a special school  - they offer a warm, therapeutically designed environment where the children will, probably for the first time in their lives, feel secure, stable and nurtured.

• Upvote 1

On 04/09/2022 at 18:54, an tha said:

I am, running for a charity;

Childhood First provide 24/7 residential care, treatment and therapeutic education for 5-18 year old children who have suffered severe abuse, neglect and trauma.

They have two homes and a special school  - they offer a warm, therapeutically designed environment where the children will, probably for the first time in their lives, feel secure, stable and nurtured.

It doesn’t seem right that vital services like residential children's services and health care are part funded by charitable donation 

And Week 13 is in the bag! The weeks are really flying by.....3 weeks today i will be running the London Marathon.

This week has been really hard work - but i feel like i have come out of it in a really great place - i now believe i can do this and do it relatively well. Today was beyond hard and i had moments where i felt like i wanted to stop - but gritted my teeth and got through it....

Week just done: 

Tues:  50 mins - 5.29 miles - 9.27 per mile

Weds: 55 mins  - 6 miles  - 9.12 per mile

Fri: 1 hour - 6.5 miles - 9.14 per mile 

Today: 3 hours 30 min run, or distance goal of 22 miles - whichever comes first....The 22 miles did....

3 hrs 25 mins 5 secs - 22 miles - 9.19 per mile.

That today is my longest run ahead of the marathon - long runs taper from here.

Week 14 - here i come....

• Upvote 3

A friend of mine did a race in Canada yesterday.  32k feet gain, 32 hours, 1.8 times

up the mountain.  Nearly got hypothermia, in rain, hail and snow. Saw bears a mountain lion and a beaver. She was hallucinating on one of the sections and could only take in 300 calories as she was sick.  Fucking machine.