You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Our owners talk to other people who own football clubs. Is that a huge problem?

Are you taking the piss?

Our owners are supposing that our direct rivals will help us better our club (and hence, worsen theirs), whilst giving said rivals an insight into our future plans - you know, just incase they find anything tasty enough to do themselves?

tl;dr - our owners are morons.

Are you taking the piss?

Our owners are supposing that our direct rivals will help us better our club (and hence, worsen theirs), whilst giving said rivals an insight into our future plans - you know, just incase they find anything tasty enough to do themselves?

tl;dr - our owners are morons.

This might be too long for you to read, but it doesn't actually imply that we're giving away trade secrets. But make of it what you will.

Liverpool's Ian Ayre talks Fenway Sports Group, 'Moneyball,' Suarez - Soccer - Grant Wahl - SI.com

Seeking advice from one of the richest clubs in the world is sound enough in itself, just not when it is your biggest rivals who would enjoy nothing more than seeing you go another 20 years without a title!

Having watched 'Four Days In October' recently, it'd be akin to the Boston Red Sox back then asking the Yankees the best way for them to go about breaking the Curse of the Bambino!

more insight into how little they know. In MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL owns are very chummy, its pretty much them against the players unions. The difference in football has always astounded me, I blame it on the lack of a common enemy ie a players union.

We should give them a break after the terror attack in their hometown.

After all, they've contacted GIll and Gazidis, because their CEO is a clown.

I think their biggest mistake since they took over, has been that they've neglected the need to invest some wages on a world class CEO, like Barwick or Dein. They've left a random guy like Ayre making decisions on who is going to be the next Liverpool manager, whether we should spend a few quid and bring a striker in the summer and manage crises like the Suarez saga. He's completely incompetent.

Edited by Nightcat

They need to cut out that shite quick.

Seeking advice from your enemies about how to better yourself.

Thats some Sun Tzu shit right there.

Except Sun Tzu would have said "Fuck up you twats and stop talking to your enemies...twats"

If Sun Tzu was our manager we'd tactically rape the league every year.

I'd rather have Vlad though, for the fear effect.

Guest davelfc
"They'll contact David [Gill] at [Manchester] United and Ivan [Gazidis] at Arsenal. What do you think? That's healthy"

What might be healthier is having an MD/CEO who knew what he was talking about.

Well fuck me, I suppose that stuff about enough monkeys and typewriters might actually have a ring of truth. Either that or someones been fucking with the program on the xerxes 3000 because it's making sense today.

We should give them a break after the terror attack in their hometown.

After all, they've contacted GIll and Gazidis, because their CEO is a clown.

I think their biggest mistake since they took over, has been that they've neglected the need to invest some wages on a world class CEO, like Barwick or Dein. They've left a random guy like Ayre making decisions on who is going to be the next Liverpool manager, whether we should spend a few quid and bring a striker in the summer and manage crises like the Suarez saga. He's completely incompetent.

It Hilarious. Ayre is actually telling the media that his bosses are going to other CEO's/MD's for advice and he thinks its ok.

Its not even sunk in that they don't trust him

People are confusing the owners with being fans. FSG don't give a shit about winning. They care about profit. It just happens that winning generates profit so we have something in common with them. It's the same with utd's owners. They aren't fans of football. They just see the big fat cash cow that old trafford is.

So the owners of the club's talking is no real problem for me. It's who we have as owners that is the big fucked up problem.

This might be too long for you to read, but it doesn't actually imply that we're giving away trade secrets. But make of it what you will.

Liverpool's Ian Ayre talks Fenway Sports Group, 'Moneyball,' Suarez - Soccer - Grant Wahl - SI.com

Indeed. People seem to be jumping to conclusions and assuming they are asking them how to negotiate a contract or which player to sign, which is ridiculous.

The Premier League is in essence a cartel, that broke away from the Football League, and negotiates and lobbies on behalf of its members, who are the 20 clubs in the league and their owners, so of course they are going to speak to each other, how would they reach agreements about things otherwise? And not all of those discussions will take place at Premier League meetings, as within the League some groups of clubs will have different aims.

Do people not think that the bosses at conmpanies like Coke/Pepsi, Barclays/RBS, Shell/BP, McDonalds/Burger King etc etc don't talk to each other if it is their benefit to do so?

This is from ealier this year Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs join forces to shackle spending by Man City and Chelsea | Mail Online

How would Arsenal be able to send a letter the League on behalf of us, Utd and Spurs, which is basically ganging up on City and Chelsea and trying to stop any other sugar daddy clubs, unless the bosses/owners had, you know, been speaking to each other? When Ayre says that they have been talking to each other, do people think there might be a chance this is what he is refering to? Are they 'moronic' to be discussing these things which are to the benefit to the club?

article-2261817-16EA8043000005DC-888_634x868.jpg

article-2261817-16E9561C000005DC-915_634x286.jpg

The very fact it does not mention where it was he said all this and why he said this and in relation to what.

It dosent even say when asked about blah blah his reply was.....

So why did he just come out saying all that because he saw a reporter and went I know I go tel l him this.The story has no start beginning or end to it.

People are confusing the owners with being fans. FSG don't give a shit about winning. They care about profit. It just happens that winning generates profit so we have something in common with them. It's the same with utd's owners. They aren't fans of football. They just see the big fat cash cow that old trafford is.

So the owners of the club's talking is no real problem for me. It's who we have as owners that is the big fucked up problem.

Whist I disagree with the sentiment, I can at least understand your view, unlike most of the other replies.

If you do dislike FSG, this is not another reason to dislike them, put your pitch forks away!

It is on ESPN as well.

Ah I was going by the Mirror story sorry. Just read the original from sports illustrated and it seems he was saying about phoning to get a better understanding of football although you can read it to be both ways as in ideas to.

Very strange.

The very fact it does not mention where it was he said all this and why he said this and in relation to what.

It dosent even say when asked about blah blah his reply was.....

So why did he just come out saying all that because he saw a reporter and went I know I go tel l him this.The story has no start beginning or end to it.

The story is taken form the link that kalasoma gave, which does have a start and an end.

Have to admit I hadn't even looked at the Mirror story until just now, that is really bad sensationalist reporting, but that is what we should all expect whenever we read something like that, rather than jump to conclusions.