You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big brave racist lionheart John Terry

Redder Lurtz

Well if we wanted evidence of how xenophobic football and the media are we now have it. Terry is convicted of making racist remarks and there's barely a murmur from the media despite there being clear video evidence. Apparently because of his not guilty verdict there is a sense of injustice about this ruling. Listening to Pat Nevin describe the judgement as 'unsettling' and 'not quite right' on the radio was amazing. Apparently the FA shouldn't now be finding someone guilty on the basis of one man's word against another...

This will be brushed under the carpet with the minimal amount of fuss and a genuine showing of sympathy for Terry. Obviously if a foreign player allegedly makes remarks that can be interpreted as racist in Spanish to another foreign player he should be strung up.

Well if we wanted evidence of how xenophobic football and the media are we now have it. Terry is convicted of making racist remarks and there's barely a murmur from the media despite there being clear video evidence.

You won't find a newspaper where this isn't a headline. Online or in print.

Where are you looking?

I'm waiting for Capello and Ashley Cole to be castigated from on high for their public support of a convicted racist, just like Dalglish and Johnson were.

Not to mention Gordon Taylor to get involved against Terry.

Bound to happen in the near future isn't it?!

Why did the FA treat John Terry more leniently than Luis Suárez?

Terry, like Suárez, was charged with a breach of the FA's Rule E3(2) which states that football people should not use "abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour". The rule states that if such abuse includes "reference to a person's ethnic origin, colour or race", the panel can consider doubling the penalty it would have imposed had that "aggravating factor" not been present. The panel in the Suárez case specifically said that a four-game ban "is the entry-point" for breaches of E3(2) and it did double that minimum penalty to "reflect the gravity of the misconduct".

The fact that Terry has been sanctioned with the minimum penalty suggests that the panel in his case, despite finding him guilty, did not find the reference to Ferdinand's colour or race an aggravating factor such that it would double the ban. The apparently more severe fine, £220,000 for Terry, when Suárez was hit for £40,000, is explained by the fact that regulatory panels take into account a player's weekly wage.

Why did the FA treat John Terry more leniently than Luis Suárez? | Football | The Guardian

roflmao

Remind me! what did TJ shout?

Piara Powar and the others who came spewing out of the woodwork are scum.

Utter subhuman fucking scum.

They'll say fuck all about any of this yet they went all guns blazing on Suarez.

Fucking pathetic soft cunts.

This lad summed up this thread for me. Someone please rep him.

I would like to think so,but perhaps a little more inventive.Any ideas?.

Luis got 8, terry got 4

you cant call a spade, a spade no more

The FA do not have a fucking clue

Cos fergie tells them what to do

Sung to the nick nack paddy whack tune

Well if we wanted evidence of how xenophobic football and the media are we now have it. Terry is convicted of making racist remarks and there's barely a murmur from the media despite there being clear video evidence. Apparently because of his not guilty verdict there is a sense of injustice about this ruling. Listening to Pat Nevin describe the judgement as 'unsettling' and 'not quite right' on the radio was amazing. Apparently the FA shouldn't now be finding someone guilty on the basis of one man's word against another...

This will be brushed under the carpet with the minimal amount of fuss and a genuine showing of sympathy for Terry. Obviously if a foreign player allegedly makes remarks that can be interpreted as racist in Spanish to another foreign player he should be strung up.

Yeah. Brushed under the carpet. Because Terry is so fucking popular

GYAC, it's all over every media platform and GUILTY is the most common headline. Many journalists are fucking *delighted*

He's getting ruined

I cant be bothered to search but what do other fans of clubs make of this? We obviously look at it through the Suarez lens, but do they also see the hypocracy on show here?

I can only speak for myself obviously but all of my workmates(contractors),Mancs(of both persuasion),Newcastle,Sunderland fans and various others despise him.They cant all be wrong.

@PiaraPowar Can i ask why you've said virtually nothing about John Terry yet were extremely vocal about Luis Suarez?.....

I asked him that three times over a three day period. He responed with:

Piara Powar ‏@PiaraPowar

@Twittterbastard you cant have been watching or listening.

My reply:

@PiaraPowar Ok. Care to point me towards your multiple articles and tweets as I can't find any. Thanks.

His response: Blocked me. What a two faced agenda ridden fucking wanker.

Wrong. Should be two faced agenda ridden racist fucking wanker.

I can only speak for myself obviously but all of my workmates(contractors),Mancs(of both persuasion),Newcastle,Sunderland fans and various others despise him.They cant all be wrong.

Him being a despicable cunt is by the by. I was more thinking about the actual case, evidence, media treatment and subsequent punishment compared to Luis. It fucks me right off but i'd be interested to see if they also see the gaps in consistency.