You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's gone past luck, blaming officials, hitting posts and all that bollocks. Every team suffers from these factors.

The bottom line is we lack quality and most importantly we lack bottle.

We are a team of absolute shithouses. When the goinng gets tough, we shit ourselves and crumble to a thousand pieces. There is no leadership or drive in the pitch. Take our red tinted goggles off and Steven Gerrard, barring the derby, has been an absolute shadow of his former self. Without that on pitch leadership, we are fucked.

Rafa always went on about mentality and this is what he meant. Our players have a shithouse mentality. Full stop. They are weak, lack the bottle, lack the fight, lack the hunger, and lack the pride in the shirt. We go a goal down and we are fucked, regardless of how dominant we have been in possession before. We do not react to adversity in matches, instead we retreat in to a shell. We lose 2 goal leads against relegation sides. We miss penalty after penalty. We get out fought and out thought by Wigan Athletic. At home.

There is no stomach for the fight. We are a squad of cowards, not winners.

Bang on the money.

Unfortunately, the players that were popping up with important goals last season when the chips were down (like Raul, Kuyt, and Maxi) have been sold or marginalised and replaced by British players with no bottle.

Kuyt has been a shadow of his former self this season but I would wager that's because he's not been playing.

What frustrates me most about our recent run of form is how embarrassing we are on the pitch. A team of athletes getting paid in the millions every week and none of them can hit the back of the net. They can't even score a penalty. We paid 35 million for a striker who dives when he's already around the keeper. It's a fucking disgrace.

I've always been able to abide players like Kuyt who might not have the most technical ability, but who have guts, heart and determination, and who look like they understand what the team means to the fans. Most of the players in our team right now look like they are just playing for themselves. They don't care. They feel like they're playing for nothing in the league and you can see it in the performances. Most fans take more pride in the club than the players and frankly that is disgusting.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the owners dithering about the stadium, to our recruitment policy, to Kenny's baffling starting lineups, tactics and substitutions, to the 11 wastes of space we put shirts on every week. I'm sick of hearing "we were unlucky" or "we performed well though" or "all the decisions went against us". Someone in the match thread said, winning teams win games in spite of some of those things.

I don't know where you'd even begin to sort out what an absolute joke this club has become. A hundred million pounds invested in utter fucking garbage. Have we even got any more money to replace them with?

We've won a trophy on penalties against a championship side which has secured us a place in a competition we were quite happy to see Spurs get into in our place last year. And we're in the semi final of another cup competition which half of us wanted to tell the FA to shove up their arse over the Suarez debacle. But apparently it'll be a great season if we win 2 cups. Great.

Season on season we're falling further and further behind the top clubs. Winning 2 domestic cups and scraping into the second tier European competition will not make us attractive to the players we need to turn this club around. If we take the current policies, tactics, manager and squad into next season we'll go down.

So what's the solution? Where do you start with this mess?

You make your point and I agree things are looking bleak but then the thread turns to dogshit as everyone turns on each other.

Will some clever cunt out there tell a fellow red whats to be done.

If anyone feels Kenny should be replaced then who is to step in and what players are to be sold and bought.

Apart from Rafa I havn't heard another manager mentioned and as a lot of posts think Kenny has lost it I was wondering who they think will step in.

Funnily enough I would actually agree with that. Just do a Demolition Man style freeze every couple of years so he stays as the 2004-2006 version though. Worth his weight in gold then that fella.

He needs Pako with him.

You make your point and I agree things are looking bleak but then the thread turns to dogshit as everyone turns on each other.

Will some clever cunt out there tell a fellow red whats to be done.

If anyone feels Kenny should be replaced then who is to step in and what players are to be sold and bought.

Apart from Rafa I havn't heard another manager mentioned and as a lot of posts think Kenny has lost it I was wondering who they think will step in.

It only turned to shit because Silver Shiting trolled it. A public humiliation seems to have sorted that out though.

I don't know if we replace Kenny or not. Or any / most of the playing staff. And who would replace Kenny?

As for players, we're not an attractive proposition for a quality international ambitious player to come in. So we need to mould players who've got potential. That would suggest keep doing what we're doing but not with DC, with someone who can unearth a Henderson who'll actually be a success, and a Cisse or a Ba. And how long does that take? And how much further behind the top 4 will we bve by the time we get it right?

As for players, we're not an attractive proposition for a quality international ambitious player to come in. So we need to mould players who've got potential. That would suggest keep doing what we're doing but not with DC, with someone who can unearth a Henderson who'll actually be a success, and a Cisse or a Ba. And how long does that take? And how much further behind the top 4 will we bve by the time we get it right?

They didn't need unearthing they were all known before hand. The former known for being average mind.

I'd get rid of Commolli as the sacrificial lamb and give Kenny another shot if he wanted to take it. I suggested this about 6 months ago as it seemed to be the only way we could save Kenny's face from his own monumental fuck-ups.

I'd seriously limit Kenny's maneuverings in the transfer market. He needs to make a strong argument for any player he wants and he needs to understand that we cannot have anymore Downings/Carrolls on our hands.

None of this will happen as FSG have no loyalty to Kenny. They are more loyal to Commolli as he is their man. Kenny will either walk of his own volition or be fired. He shouldn't stay with the same setup next year as it clearly has not worked.

its laughable defending Kenny no matter what. He should move sideways in the summer like Evans so he retains some integrity otherwise he s ruining his legendary status. Who really wants Rafa back? All he spent and we re no better than Hodgson or Kenny bar one season, which he couldnt build on.

I d go for RedKnapp coz he took over Spurs when low on confidence and he knows about our traditions through his son.

It only turned to shit because Silver Shiting trolled it. A public humiliation seems to have sorted that out though.

I don't know if we replace Kenny or not. Or any / most of the playing staff. And who would replace Kenny?

Also eveyone mentions the same players who where brought in but Spearing, Carragher and others have are also been shite but seem to get overlooked for the usual sospects.

its laughable defending Kenny no matter what. He should move sideways in the summer like Evans so he retains some integrity otherwise he s ruining his legendary status. Who really wants Rafa back? All he spent and we re no better than Hodgson or Kenny bar one season, which he couldnt build on.

I d go for RedKnapp coz he took over Spurs when low on confidence and he knows about our traditions through his son.

Totally agree with that. Redknapp is well clued up on our traditions, especially when he writes his column for the Sun every week.

Funnily enough I would actually agree with that. Just do a Demolition Man style freeze every couple of years so he stays as the 2004-2006 version though. Worth his weight in gold then that fella.

Yeah, cause I'd fucking hate to have that fat spanish cunt who left us in poor position of 2nd in 2008-2009. No way, Jose.

It's a key point.

A new manager will want to sell and buy, and we will get another season of transition.

Kenny should see out his contract. What he needs to do now doesn't cost money. It is to get the mentality of the team right - that is what is wrong.

Our team is not the greatest, but is underperforming with players he bought.

The problem is, who is going to sit Kenny down and say "Your problem, you sort it?"

Comolli has not got the pedigree to have that conversation. Ayre is busy opening retail units in kuala Lumpar ( he'll have to discount those Carroll shirts) and FSG have no idea about football - and there is part of your problem.

All managers need direction, in business or in football, the CEO needs a Chairman, the Chairman has the major shareholder. Kenny has no-one to turn to.

I voted second in that poll, I did so early in May before we had signed any of the players we did sign this summer and more importantly before we had sold Meireles.

so in all honesty thousands of Liverpool fans don t buy the sun? Whether we like it or not anybody can wear a sticker given outside the ground, and post on forums

Mate, is this for real ? Are you for real ?

You may very well have a glorious, insightful, stellar post buried somewhere deep inside, laying dormant, just poised, ready and waiting to burst forth and shower us all with joy and love and wisdom; but I've got to tell you that right now, I seriously doubt it.

so in all honesty thousands of Liverpool fans don t buy the sun? Whether we like it or not anybody can wear a sticker given outside the ground, and post on forums

Fair enough. In that case we could bring in Kelvin Mackenzie as Press Officer and Rebekah Brooks in as CEO then.

Mate, is this for real ? Are you for real ?

You may very well have a glorious, insightful, stellar post buried somewhere deep inside, laying dormant, just poised, ready and waiting to burst forth and shower us all with joy and love and wisdom; but I've got to tell you that right now, I seriously doubt it.

loads of fans come for the day out. Buy a fanzine, half and half scarf, video YNWA and wear a sticker. The sooner we realise we re not all clued up guardian readers the better. Thats why we welcomed Gillette and Hicks with banners initially. Clowns trying to out do each other with clever banners instead of the alerting others to the mess they would bring.

I voted second in that poll, I did so early in May before we had signed any of the players we did sign this summer and more importantly before we had sold Meireles.

and before your dog ate your homework and your gimp fell onto the keyboard and before points started being lost and you were spiked and . . . . .