You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

At what point is "no news" on the stadium unacceptable

Nathanzx

FSG have been here for about a year and a half

they've spent maybe 30 million net on players which is fair enough, not the amount required but not bad, pity most of it was wasted

but in that year and a half, it's just been nothing but doom and gloom on the stadium front

are we going to just become a midtable side until they eventually build it one day after some kit and tv money builds up and they get a bumper naming rights deal - say construction starts at the end of next season (a very optimistic estimate 2013, a very optimistic 2 year build time)), that means we won't have a new ground ready to move into until season 2015-2016 at the earliest and if we look at other examples then we can assume that it will take at least 5 years to pay for itself (in spite of bumper naming rights package) meaning it'll be 2021 before FSG's stated aim of putting back into club only what they earn will be positively affected by stadium change

2021, jesus - and that's assuming we get our arses in gear sharpish

in my view the fanbase haven't agitated enough about the stadium, i don't really blame them when so much money has been wasted on the field but by god we are even more of a mess off the field

I personally think they should have announced their intentions at the end of last season, but now with this season almost over we have still heard nothing

I can only assume we are pimping ourselves out around the globe hoping some giant corporation will offer us a good deal, that along with the fact that nothing was spent in the last transfer window (when cover was so desperately needed as our recent form proves) leads me to believe that FSG are far from the goldenboys we originally took them for, and more worryingly still they have neither the will or the finances necessary to make us tital contenders - i hope they prove me wrong but whenever I have said that in the past few years about signings, about suits, about managers they have ended up exactly as shit as I thought they would be and all the recent signs are suggesting our new owners are a bit shit.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Ayre has been clear.

FSG prefer redevelopment, but don't own the land to redevelop on, and won't buy it.

They wont pay for a new stadium themselves, want someone else to pay for it, but can't find anyone else who will.

Ian Ayre is opening a couple of shops in the Far East and commissioning a polynesian language website to catch up with the rest in the meantime.

Guest ShoePiss
Ian Ayre has been clear.

FSG prefer redevelopment, but don't own the land to redevelop on, and won't buy it.

They wont pay for a new stadium themselves, want someone else to pay for it, but can't find anyone else who will.

Ian Ayre is opening a couple of shops in the Far East and commissioning a polynesian language website to catch up with the rest in the meantime.

Second time you've said that, are you just repeating the same joke or is it true?

I'm really disappointed on this. I thought we would have at least made a decision on this by now. I'm starting to get a bit twitchy on this. We need to make a decision asap as we are loosing out on a two weekly basis on a basic revenue stream against both manc teams, Arsenal & even Newcastle. We need to sort it out NOW!

It's the same thing as ever... they need naming rights being sold to pay for the build... and until we sell the naming rights, then we're going nowhere.

And until we're actually worth sponsoring, nobody will pay for naming rights.

It's a big merry go round that stinks of shit and long balls from the defence.

Obviously nobody will pay us for naming rights.... Maybe that is why they said anything less than fourth will not be acceptable.

Hopefully a European trophy and fourth next year will help on that front.

Disappointing that it will take year, from now, though

Polynesia? it could be.

The most widely spoken 'Polynesian language' (there are many) is Tahitian with only 117,000 living speakers (Ethnologue data).

So it seems improbable...

I would say that seems more likely then, and we have probably ploughed a shed load of cash into it as well.

Under promise and over deliver was a sound mantra, it rang of someone who knew one of the areas where the previous owners fell down, but with each passing day it seems more and more like a cover your arse line to deflect attention and hide inactivity.

They aren't H&G, that bought them a free pass for a while, but beyond that i start to worry that we've yet again landed in the hands of people out of their depth.

I'm getting tired of it now, for so long now we've had clueless owners who haven't moved on with the times. I know FSG haven't. Been here to long. But why has the second most supported club allowed itself to get into the position where; Utd, Citeh, Arsenal, Sunderland and Newcastle all have bigger stadia than us?

I mean Sunderland and Newcastle, really? That's a poor show.

And to make it worse Spurs are looking at moving to now, it's all very well owners coming in and saying we need time, we need sponsorship, we need this, we need that.

If the recent downward spiral of the last three years continues, they'll be no point in building a new stadium and you might as well call us Aston Villa Mk II.

Is it to much to ask for a responsible owner who actually has a fucking clue?

I guess so.

"it'll take up to a tear to decide" FSG October 2010

"we've not decided yet, and are looking at options" Ian Ayre 21/3/12

They haven't a fuckin clue, and are bullshitting by blaming council in the odd leak, rather than make an official statement of were we are with the stadium

If they came out and said 'it isn't economically viable at this moment in time, but we'll review on a yearly basis' would you be happy with that TP?

If they came out and said 'it isn't economically viable at this moment in time, but we'll review on a yearly basis' would you be happy with that TP?

I've said on the MF IMO they won't be here in 18 months, they've got a asset on the cheap that they now realise needs more money than there willing to put in. We're no better off now than we were with Moores, to be honest the warming signs went up last summer when they were leaking stuff and made a statement on official site about obstacles in there way, Liverpool city council through Joe Anderson publicly rejected this and FSG and Ayre have said no more about it.

In answer to your question I'd like an answer to were exactly we are with it now, an honest answer rather than the embarrassment of Ayre bullshitting on Sky about it, absolutely no excuse for there to be nothing 18 months after the takeover

Guest TK-421

If it's not economically viable now then it never will be. It depends on some extent to where you get your news from but the general economic outlook remains bleak for the next few years

A decision needs to be made one way or another. Staying silent on this issue is not the answer.