You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny is a legend. Personally I think he might quit at the end of the season because he may believe he hasn't been able to deliver on what he said he would and that is fair enough as he is a man of integrity. If he stays for another season with the true belief we will improve then fair play to him and I hope he does great with the backing of the owners.

I didn't believe we'd get 4th place this season and I don't know many others who thought we would but what manager of Liverpool is going to say we aim to finish in the top six? - I didn't think our league form would be so bad though. It has been a strange season.

TL;DR; OP, get a grip, dribblechin.

130230519657.jpg

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no issue right this minute;time to reflect at season's end.Nevertheless the one attribute you associate with Kenny is man management/pulling together etc but we are seeing too much casualness, unmotivation ,lack of intensity and mental strength ,failure to achieve potential etc.Its extremely worryring and not only do I not know the answer but I'm not convinced-more worringly-that Kenny doesnt either.

as i guessed, people are starting calling me names rather than have a discussion and tell me that i am wrong.. how grown up!

Your initial posts didn't call for discussion - it made a statement that people reacted to.

You're on a Liverpool board populated by Liverpool supporters, some, possibly the majority of whom don't agree with your statement.

It's a little silly and if you don't mind me saying, childish of you to get upset at the predictable reaction to your statement.

Leaving aside that he is Kenny Dalglish(and that, rightly, carries some weight), sacking a highly decorated manager in his first season is reactionary and ridiculous, in my opinion. The fact that it is Kenny Dalglish makes it all the more baffling. Thankfully, it's only WUM and belligerents calling for it, but it's still not right.

Agree with that. He deserves one more season at least. Don't forget he has got us a trophy as well and hopefully another. I hope he can sort things out next season as I adore the man. Like SL pointed out it's hard to put emotion and affection to one side when it comes to the King.

The post match press conference said it all. The King pointed out that bad refereeing decisions and 3 matches in a week (stupid FA scheduling) didn't help our cause. It's too much pressure on the younger lads to try to get fourth. The team certainly arn't playing for it regardless of how much they are being pushed by management and/or the owners. However, the Liverpool Way is to put the jersey on week in week out and play with pride and to the best of one's ability.

Some players need to go, and others will surely be brought in.

However, I fully support the King throughout his contract term, and longer if it extends.

Leaving aside that he is Kenny Dalglish(and that, rightly, carries some weight), sacking a highly decorated manager in his first season is reactionary and ridiculous, in my opinion. The fact that it is Kenny Dalglish makes it all the more baffling. Thankfully, it's only WUM and belligerents calling for it, but it's still not right.

I think in the vast majority of cases, this one included, even leaving aside who the manager is, I'd agree with you. But there are probably still some situations, maybe not, importantly, at our club, that a successful manager could still rightly be removed after a single season. It would have to be a lot worse than just a poor league position though. The overall picture of the club would have to be pretty fucking bad, like if someone released the entire youth squad, disrespected the club, or worse still, played like Stoke.

I don't think its fair to say everyone that wants Kenny gone is a WUM or a belligerent. Maybe simply a sign of the times. Fans have a lot more information available to them than even just ten years ago. That carries positives and negatives, obviously. It has probably made the game less "fun". Ten years ago I didn't know anything about any football happening outside of England, unless it was a team we'd played against, or it was on Football Italia. Now I can watch streams of Uzbekistan's third division (they've probably got one), compare pass completion rates of their better holding midfielders, and even read the bizarrely repetitive "Welcome to Liverpool" comments on their respective youtube compilations.

Football now supplies more for the head than the heart. A sport transformed into a business. Everyone thinks they're an expert now, including me.

Kenny is a legend. Personally I think he might quit at the end of the season because he may believe he hasn't been able to deliver on what he said he would and that is fair enough as he is a man of integrity. If he stays for another season with the true belief we will improve then fair play to him and I hope he does great with the backing of the owners.

I didn't believe we'd get 4th place this season and I don't know many others who thought we would but what manager of Liverpool is going to say we aim to finish in the top six? - I didn't think our league form would be so bad though. It has been a strange season.

TL;DR; OP, get a grip, dribblechin.

130230519657.jpg

It's been a proper strange season. Although their has been quite a few disapointing results, I think on the whole we're not a million miles away from being a really good side. We've played (for the most part) some decent football, and a combination of bad luck and poor finishing has cost us dear. Regardless of his status, I think another season is warranted.

He's making some dreadful selection errors at the moment. I don't get the benching Carroll thing, not at home to Wigan. Suarez is a great player but he was so isolated in the first half, he was ineffective against three centre halfs. Carroll, gerrard and Suarez started against Everton and we got a result. And why isn't Maxi getting a look in? Hendersons confidence is in bits, why not start Jonjo? Best thing he did today was blood Sterling, albeit 20 minutes too late. The team is letting him down badly in the leagues and yet he continues to blow smoke up their collective arses. One thing he needs to address in the summer if he's still in job is pace. We are as slow and predictable as fuck.

How can they be tired they hardly fucking move. How come tennis players play for 5 hours day after day but don't bitch about a tired arm, do your job you lazy pampered arsewipes. There are no valid excuses the players and manager are doing it wrong, it's their mess and it's theirs to fix. At least be honest with us Kenny as these after match interviews are beginning to feel like a slap to my sanity.

Quickly loosing faith here!

Wrong team selections, cautiousness, outdated system, not pressing higher up the pitch, not committing players into the box, lack of tactical tweaks and bold substitutions during our games, terrible transfer business last summer aso - if I'd been given a choice of Bielsa arriving tomorrow it would be a difficult decision for sure!

And please Kenny, I know you're just trying to protect the players, but your Hodgsonesque press statements an insult to our fan base' intellect...

If the players were tired, then play someone else who have been rested! IT IS REALLY THAT SIMPLE, that's why we have a squad...

Let us just be clear, Kenny will not walk out on a two year contract, and FSG will not sack a manager who has delivered a trophy and EL football for next season.

I expect Kenny to see out his contract, but for the first time today I did seriously question the job he is doing. That was as a result combination of a mountain of lunch table gossip which I heard from Reds who like myself have supported the club for decades, and who know those close to the club, and what I saw with my own two eyes.

At the end of the season Kenny will say that he has delivered the first trophy to the club (at least)in half a decade and Euro football – FSG know nothing about football, and will say ,”true,alright then”.

Comolli will say that he delivered the players that Kenny wanted and they were ok when they left his office.

Ayre will say that he is pursuing new stadium naming right deals with Woolworths and British Leyland and that the football is down to Comolli.

I fear that there is more wrong at the club than simply the team management, which may be a symptom of a greater malaise, not a cause.

I have heard some Club officials claim that FSG have been to fewer games than G&H did over the same period. That Ayre, badly damaged by the Suarez debacle, is literally and metaphorically distancing himself from the playing side by concentrating on merchandising in the Far East, and that Comolli is similarly distancing himself from the signings. As a consequence, Kenny has no-one to turn to, no confidantes.

Despite the obvious shortcomings in the team I can see no merit in changing Kenny. The memory of who we got when we last had to go to the market from a position of weakness still burns bright. But I have to accept the playing outlook has now dipped below the form of the Hodgson era and that we could be in for a very uncomfortable end of season run in.

Let us just be clear, Kenny will not walk out on a two year contract, and FSG will not sack a manager who has delivered a trophy and EL football for next season.

I expect Kenny to see out his contract, but for the first time today I did seriously question the job he is doing. That was as a result combination of a mountain of lunch table gossip which I heard from Reds who like myself have supported the club for decades, and who know those close to the club, and what I saw with my own two eyes.

At the end of the season Kenny will say that he has delivered the first trophy to the club (at least)in half a decade and Euro football – FSG know nothing about football, and will say ,”true,alright then”.

Comolli will say that he delivered the players that Kenny wanted and they were ok when they left his office.

Ayre will say that he is pursuing new stadium naming right deals with Woolworths and British Leyland and that the football is down to Comolli.

I fear that there is more wrong at the club than simply the team management, which may be a symptom of a greater malaise, not a cause.

I have heard some Club officials claim that FSG have been to fewer games than G&H did over the same period. That Ayre, badly damaged by the Suarez debacle, is literally and metaphorically distancing himself from the playing side by concentrating on merchandising in the Far East, and that Comolli is similarly distancing himself from the signings. As a consequence, Kenny has no-one to turn to, no confidantes.

Despite the obvious shortcomings in the team I can see no merit in changing Kenny. The memory of who we got when we last had to go to the market from a position of weakness still burns bright. But I have to accept the playing outlook has now dipped below the form of the Hodgson era and that we could be in for a very uncomfortable end of season run in.

Its bad but not that bad.

Vlad,my stats show that Kenny's run going backwards from today is now worse than Hodgson's points take over the same number of games - that is alarming.

Under Kenny and on any single day we have beaten Man Utd,Man City,Chelsea multiple times and the blueshite multiple times too. Hodgson could only dream about being able to beat those teams,Chelsea apart.

We have substituted the league with our cup form and are in europe next season having won one trophy and maybe even a second one.

I'll say again,bad but not that bad.

Under Kenny and on any single day we have beaten Man Utd,Man City,Chelsea multiple times and the blueshite multiple times too. Hodgson could only dream about being able to beat those teams,Chelsea apart.

We have substituted the league with our cup form and are in europe next season having won one trophy and maybe even a second one.

I'll say again,bad but not that bad.

I agree with you that Kenny can point to a Cup, another semi (maybe a cup double),and EL football next season as evidence of a successful season – and he will be right, which is why I cannot see him going.

Whilst sharing your pride in our big game performance games against the two mancs, Chelsea and the bitters, they are worth only three points each, and are being cancelled out by underperformance against the basement teams.

I am continuing to back Kenny (whilst getting a little nervy). But I disagree with any suggestion that measuring Hodgson’s reign at the arse end of the G&H debacle against a similar number of games form Kenny after spending £100m is not valid- and a little frightening.

He's done more for this club than anyone else, as a player, manager and most importantly as a human being... I will forever respect the man 100%

I'm ashamed by some so called Liverpool fans sticking the knife in at every opportunity...

Yeah, we're all disappointed at the results and signings but the man has earned the respect of every Liverpool fan and doesn't deserve some of the treatment he is getting from some fans...I do hope he gets another year but that depends on himself and of course FSG... I just hope his legacy doesn't get ruined because of this because he doesn't deserve that for what he has done for this club.

Yeah, the media and rival fans have every right to question him but never thought I'll see some many fans sticking the knife in as well, best fans in the world and all that...bollocks

FSG won't sack him this season for the reasons outlined in many of the posts above. I doubt though he will be given much money to spend this summer and that he will be under pressure to show positive results in the first 10 games next year.

The man deserves respect but should not be immune from thoughtful criticism.

He's done more for this club than anyone else, as a player, manager and most importantly as a human being... I will forever respect the man 100%

I'm ashamed by some so called Liverpool fans sticking the knife in at every opportunity...

Yeah, we're all disappointed at the results and signings but the man has earned the respect of every Liverpool fan and doesn't deserve some of the treatment he is getting from some fans...I do hope he gets another year but that depends on himself and of course FSG... I just hope his legacy doesn't get ruined because of this because he doesn't deserve that for what he has done for this club.

Yeah, the media and rival fans have every right to question him but never thought I'll see some many fans sticking the knife in as well, best fans in the world and all that...bollocks

Are we all just expected to accept poor result after poor result just because Kenny is in charge?

5 defeats in the last 6 games.

only 5 wins in 15 home matches.

only 11 wins in 30 matches.

Miles away from 4th place and struggling to hang on to 7th after spending tens of millions.

At what stage is it acceptable to question him?

I reiterate what I said in another thread "Liverpoolfc excusing mediocrity since 1990"