You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much clearer do I need to state it for you, if we win the rest ouf our games we will get 4th, if we get 68 points we will most likely have done enough as every team to have achived 68 points have got 4th or better earlier.

If the other teams play to their current average they will get approx the points I posted above, if they get 2-3 points less, that is not a slip up, its not even half a stumble so again the point you for some strange reason are trying to make is void.

Arsenal are on course for a 70.5714286 point season anyway.

Guest ShoePiss
Are you single?

Statistically there had to be more than just RB14 and Chickenlicken who were gay.

I applaud your courage in coming out today but you needn't have worried as we're quite gay friendly here.

Like I've said, the other teams dont need to slip up, they just need to carry on as they have done so far and what every team in those positions have done earlier throughout the history of the PL, the stats dont lie and there is a natural limit to how many points the 4th positioned team will get.

The key to all this is ourselves, we have been far better so far this season than what we have to show for it pointwise and like already has been mentioned last night was the first time this season all three of Gerrard, Suarez and Carroll have started together.

It will be difficult, but if we can do the job asked of us the other bits that needs to fall in place will not be too m uch to ask for at all.

If a team gets 70 points it will get 4th at least if it gets 68 points I'd say there is a 90% chance they will get 4th.

Thats what we are talking about, if we can do the job ourselves we will get it, simple as that.

People are suggesting its not realistic that Spurs and Arsenal will win only 5-6 games out of the last 10, I'd say that suggesting they will win anything more is whats not realistic as thats what they have done so far.

3. Tottenham 28 16 5 7 52-34 53p

4. Arsenal 28 16 4 8 57-39 52p

Forget it Code. We won one game. Chance of Top 4: 0%

Our league season is finished. We have our European spot, it's just about looking after the FA Cup now.

Realistically, I think 5th is still a possibility as Chelsea have quite a tough run in..

Arsenal Remaining Fixtures:

21/03 – Everton (A)

24/03 – Villa (H)

31/03 – QPR (A)

8/04 – Man City (H)

11/04 – Wolves (A)

16/04 – Wigan (H)

21/04 – Chelsea (H)

28/04 – Stoke (A)

05/05 – Norwich (H)

13/05 – West Brom (A)

Chelsea Remaining Fixtures:

21/03 – Man City (A)

24/03 – Tottenham (H)

31/03 – Villa (A)

07/04 – Wigan (H)

09/04 – Fulham (A)

14/04 – Newcastle (H)

21/04 – Arsenal (A)

29/04 – QPR (H)

06/05 – Liverpool (A)

13/05 – Blackburn (H)

Holy crap... Chelsea's run in is fucking rough. They've also got two relegation fighters in their final four.

That's ugly.

Holy crap... Chelsea's run in is fucking rough. They've also got two relegation fighters in their final four.

That's ugly.

and a "local derby" too. Think we could overhaul them, but I don't have confidence in our ability to win 9 or 10 of our final 10 games to be able to get 4th. Not on this seasons form. Think we'll win the cup mind.

4th is wildly optimistic, but even so I think we need to keep fighting in the league and not write the season off. At the very least I definitely think we can overhaul Chelsea for 5th, which would be a big statement even though they've changed their manager mid-season. Also maintaining a winning mentality will help us in the FA Cup.

Unexpected turnarounds are possible. I mentioned the 2005/06 season run-in on the MF, but a better comparison might be 2002/03, when we looked unconvincing all season even when we were top, and we had that horrific run of 11 games without a win. We won 7 out of 8 league games in March and April, and would have been in with a great shout of 4th if we hadn't shipped that stoppage time winner against Man City in our last home game.

I don't think Arsenal or Tottenham will drop enough points and I don't think we can go on an unbeaten run. Still, not impossible. Just won't happen.

it wouldn't surprise me at all if Arsenal dropped plenty of points, they are fucking shit and them being a point of 3rd makes a complete mockery of the so called best league in the world

its us not being good enough thats the problem

That fuckin boggles the mind. They have looked absolutely shit this season. Completely and utterly outplayed in a load of games this season.

Guess it shows the benefits of having top class striker.

Go 5 games back and you get a totally different picture, thats what going on a winning run does for you.

Stevie must have read this thread

Steven Gerrard has not given up on Liverpool making a late charge for a Champions League spot despite the club lying 10 points behind Arsenal in fourth with 10 games of the season remaining.

Gerrard scored a hat-trick in Liverpool's 3-0 win over Everton at Anfield on Tuesday evening in the Merseyside derby to end a sequence of three consecutive league defeats and the captain said of the prospects of securing Champions League football next term: "It's a mountain to climb but we will never give up.

"We just have to try to win as many games as we can and see where it takes us. We won't give up on the top four until it's impossible. You can talk about luck, things not going your way, but you have to take responsibility for putting the ball in the back of the net and against Everton it worked out for us.

"The performances have been really good. The big picture is that the squad is a lot stronger and we are moving forward. But unless we can get the ball in the back of the net and have an end product we are going to find [ourselves] sixth or seventh in the league and that's not what we want. It feels good and it's nice to get a hat-trick but I'm not really interested in personal achievements. What's important to me is that we move up the league and we get to Wembley on Sunday in the FA Cup."

Kenny Dalglish's side host Stoke City in the FA Cup quarter-finals and Gerrard said of the challenge of completing a cup double following their Carling Cup triumph over Cardiff City last month: "It's a massive game and we need to treat it like the cup final, it's as simple as that. We need to put in a big performance because we want to take the supporters down to Wembley for a second time. It would be a fantastic achievement if we could get to Wembley twice."

Pepe Reina echoed Gerrard's sentiments. "This derby win came at a special moment for us," the Spaniard said. "We have been through a weak spell in recent weeks, but that's what the Premier League is about. The teams around us have been having ups and downs. It's up to us to recover and get back on track. This team I can guarantee has plenty of character and we have another game on Sunday. The derby win has been a really big boost for us.

"Sunday's game is perhaps the most important game of the season for us. It will be a cup final for us. It is another opportunity for us to get back to Wembley [for the semi-finals], and that means a lot for us and for the club. To take one more step closer to a trophy is an opportunity for us. We have to play our best, and playing at Anfield is something we can take confidence from."

can't see it but if we are to do anything it seems it will be done the hard way. I think "the liverpool way" has become "the hard way" in recent years.

That fuckin boggles the mind. They have looked absolutely shit this season. Completely and utterly outplayed in a load of games this season.

Guess it shows the benefits of having top class striker.

We've not scored in a 1/3 of our games. That's a hell of a handicap.

Gerrard was spot on in his aftermatch interview saying we are a team of extremes at the minute and we need consistency. I don't think we will get top 4 because there's as much chance as the side who played Sunderland will turn up again as there is the side who faced everton.

There'd be a few things I'd do if I was Kenny and it was possible that would be start gerrard Suarez and carrol at every opportunity and don't play Adam again.

I am just watching the away v Newcastle from this date in 2006 on LFCTV at the moment. The commentator said that we were the lowest scoring team in the top 5 despite having the most shots, the most shots on target and the most corners in the league. Similar to this season really, in that we were not converting chances when on top in games. We went on to win our last 9 league games and the cup final. Believe!

4th wasn't possible for months, certainly not with the cunts that wear the shirt. Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs will finish above us, comfortably. Lets see if we can manage to catch Newcastle. See our challenges these days...a disgrace to our club.

Being able to finish in the final third, and this might just be possible. Ok, not now, but next season. That's been largely our problem. We all know this. We've all seen it. But for the first time tonight, not only were we not able to finish, but we weren't able to defend our lead either. I haven't seen Kenny make such early changes either. What was new for me tonight, was that I hadn't seen our defense crumble like that all season, not when it mattered. (Carling Cup being an exception, of course), but I can't think of another instance where we lost a lead so dramatically this season. I'm not going to look for excuses. I'll simply say that we have to be able rotate the squad as best we can and stay focused even when we're ahead and think we've won it, otherwise the next 9 games - plus an FA Cup semi - is going to be hard going.

sorry to bump this code but to me this is just typical of being a Liverpool supporter - we get a little bit of hope, try to look forward but get slapped back down the very next game.

No problem, I said that getting 4th was still possible if we could do the job ourselves as the other teams would drop points.

Last night Chelsea lost and Spurs draw and we could have been right back in it already if we had won.

Its still possible but now we have to win the rest of our games, if we do we will most likely finish 4th.

Its still possible but now we have to win the rest of our games, if we do we will most likely finish 4th.

Twelve points, (four wins) with nine games to go when we are averaging one defeat in three and our current form is worse than that? Statistically possible - practically impossible.

As it stands, we will struggle to retain seventh.