You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TRAIN DISRUPTIONS TO WEMBLEY

GR10 LFC

I know someone has posted on the Carling Cup thread but could be missed so starting a new thread to make people aware:

National Rail Enquiries - Current Service Alterations

An engineering train has derailed at Winsford.

Because of this, the following alterations will apply until further notice:

Trains are currently unable to run between Preston / Liverpool Lime Street and Crewe

Passengers travelling between Liverpool Lime Street and Crewe / London Euston should travel via Chester or Manchester Piccadilly.

Passengers travelling between Runcorn and Crewe / London Euston should travel by replacement bus service to Crewe

Passengers travelling between Wigan North Western or Warrington Bank Quay and Crewe / London Euston should travel via Manchester Piccadilly.

Virgin Trains advise that passengers travelling to Wembley Stadium for the Carling Cup Final should consider driving to Crewe, Stafford or Stoke-on-Trent and using alternative services from those stations.

To find out whether this will impact your journey and to get alternative options planned for you, please use the National Rail Enquiries real time Journey Planner, or call TrainTracker on 0871 200 49 50.

For the latest rail travel news, why not follow National Rail Enquiries on Twitter, or find us on Facebook.

This from the NR:

An engineering train has derailed at Winsford.

Because of this, the following alterations will apply until further notice:

Trains are currently unable to run between Preston / Liverpool Lime Street and Crewe

Passengers travelling between Liverpool Lime Street and Crewe / London Euston should travel via Chester or Manchester Piccadilly

Passengers travelling between Runcorn and Crewe / London Euston should travel by replacement bus service to Crewe

Passengers travelling between Wigan North Western or Warrington Bank Quay and Crewe / London Euston should travel via Manchester Piccadilly

Ticket acceptance

Passengers may use:

Merseyrail services between Liverpool and Chester

First TransPennine Express and Northern Rail services between Liverpool and Manchester

Arriva Trains Wales services between Chester and Crewe

Virgin Trains advise that passengers travelling to Wembley Stadium for the Carling Cup Final should consider driving to Crewe, Stafford or Stoke-on-Trent and using alternative services from those stations.

----------------------

Good luck to everyone travelling.

FUCKING THATCHER AND FUCKING SELLING THE COUNTRY DOWN FUCKING THE RIVER, FUCK THE HARRIDAN AND THE FALL OUT FROM PRIVATISATION. SHE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS SHIT, ANOTHER STRIKE AGAINT LIVERPOOL AND THE NORTH OF ENGLAND.

I'LL DANCE A JIG WITH DRINK IN HAND THE DAY THAT FUCKER GOES OFF TO FELLATE EL DIABLO FOR ALL ETERNITY, CUNT!!!!!

All's well that ends well...

Laughing at all the Police at Manchester Piccadilly shitting themselves when 500 Liverpool fans all turned up in the space of about 15 minutes.

Anyway got there in good time and if you were lucky enough not to have your tickets stamped there or back (as I was) get on the phone to the train company and get a full refund, citing the disruption.

Not sure I can blame any politician, past or present, for the 30 minutes we were stuck at Crewe while coppers arrested six people on the train for singing racist songs.

If you stopped at Rugby you were on the same train as me! Was it the South Parkway one?

If so, I wondered what went on as they were in the next carriage. I thought it was a fight as they looked like they wanted to scrap as they stepped off the train.

Not sure I can blame any politician, past or present, for the 30 minutes we were stuck at Crewe while coppers arrested six people on the train for singing racist songs.

Frankly I'm astounded that you can't see that was obviously Andrew Lansley's fault. All of it. Blinkered people like you disgust me.