You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City...mildly likeable?

bouncebrigade

They used to be ok, the money has turned them in to arrogant cunts. I'm sure it would be different if they earned success the hard way.

The bitterness and contempt some of them have for us is alarming, then again most people hate us so I suppose I can live with it.

I'll never consider them as a top team, like us, the mancs, Barca, Madrid, Milan, Inter. Even if they win 10 european cups.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a city fan that’s been going to see them for 30 years, so I don’t begrudge him this.

I can divorce the corporate and ownership side of their club from the fan side. I really hate their former CEO and was delighted to see him get the shove. I also hate their total flouting of FFP and what they spend. However, as someone else said, they have the feel of a proper football club from the fans side, and the gates they were getting in the 3rd division confirms this for me. If Chelsea dropped two divisions you’d struggle to find another person in the stand to hold the other end of your oversized plastic flag.

I’d rather City win the league then Utd or Chelsea, and I can’t bear the thought of Spurs even back in the top 4 never mind winning the thing.

There well down on my list of hate clubs. Don't like them though. In fact I don't like any club other then us.

I was happy for the few city fans I know when they came into a bit of dosh .. they, in my opinion, were proper footy fans and deserved to be feeding off the top table. However, it only took a couple of months for their attitude to change and now their arrogance knows no bounds. It's kinda like watching one of your mates winning the lottery and suddenly forgetting his roots. I had a lot of respect for city fans once, now I have very little.

One last point, I've never known us to give their fans any shit (I might be wrong about that though) and until they got their money I'm sure they didn't give us shit ... but in recent times you can hear that changing.

i backed them about a month at 14/1 to win the cl they're only 22s now. if they manage to get through from where they are now the luck will be hanging out of them.

ahead of sunday, they're certainly not unbeatable. hart a bit of a mare last night, cavani and lavezzi caused them all sorts of problems, i think de jong can be harried into mistakes a la mikel last sunday. newcastle had chances against them too it's just about taking them which has been a problem for us all season.

The fans stuck with them through thin and thinner in the past. For that reason I would say not likeable, but not despised.

After they start winning a few things the dislike will grow as they will no doubt attract the glory hunters.

At the moment they're supported by a bunch of fans who've had a shit time and been forced to live in United's shadow for years so no one's really that arsed right now, they've still getting the sympathy vote from a few quarters, but in a few years time the Johnny come latelys will be getting up everyone's nose. That's when the hatred will begin.

I like them, the bitterness is silly as we'd be a bit different if we had that kind of money coming our way and it won us title after title, not that Im advocating that kind of way of operating as rather do it the Kenny way, the liverpool way. I do hope that the FFP come down hard on they ass but I've said all along its a sham. City have got the money anyway to get around it with the kind of money they have to set up front companies and be 'sponsored' by them to inflate their income levels, FFP, even if it does come into play and is enforced, doesnt limit the amount of money you can spend, only 'as a percentage of your income'. Somethings got to give, I just hope it doesnt take 10 years of them winnning every game 6-1 for the authorities to act. However even then, as long as the fans keep paying their sky subs and turning through the gates and the money keeps rollin in, its hard to see them messing with their 'business model' that it has all become. It will only get worse before it gets better and its grim.

At the moment they are having a goodwill period from a lot of teams bar the red half of wankchester of course. This will fade as time goes on, if they win the title then some will turn on them and some will say 'ah but can they win it back to back' and then if they do everyone will be pissed off.

But if you had to pick one team in the league to have had wat City have been gifted, us apart, a few years ago then you'd be hard pressed to find many who wouldnt put them in their top 5.

When you win the lottery its hard not to fall into a sense of arrogance - so its hardly surprising that some of their fans have become that

However as many have pointed out, even when they were shit they still pulled a crowd and the fans stayed loyal. Vast majority of them are proper football fans.

Even though that poznan fucking dance does my nut in.

I dont like them but certainly dont hate them as much as the chavs, scum, bitters etc....

The lesser of numerous evils in my opinion.

I see Tevez is in talks with Milan according to the BBC.

Do Milan just sign players no one else wants? Zlatan, Robinho, now Tevez - ALOT of egos there!

There's a team doing the best impression of that "Billy Beane" Moneyball bollocks; taking big-name players who have had major issues and are therefore undervalued.

Cassano, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Tevez.

Ibrahimovic cost them a third of the fee Barca paid Inter.

There's a team doing the best impression of that "Billy Beane" Moneyball bollocks; taking big-name players who have had major issues and are therefore undervalued.

Some would almost call it good business... until you look at what Berlusconi's done with that other thing he owns: Italy.

I am one if the few in this country that seems to rate Zlatan but that deal had to be one of the greatest ever from a Inter standpoint,69.5ml euros and Eto'o