You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City...mildly likeable?

bouncebrigade

Anyone else feel this way?

Apart from their bottomless pit of cash (which isn't really their fault) and Mancini's mild arrogance, I struggle to think of too many reasons to hate them. Even their fans are ok.

All said, I can definitely see us beating them at the weekend.

After watching the Mourinho and Fergie, definately likeable.

There's no arrogance (yet), amongst their manager nor their players, unlike bloody Spurs.

Want us to win the League, and after that, among the group of MU, MC, Arsenal I want City to win.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it when they beat Man Utd, or when they knock them out of a cup competition. Otherwise, they're still a team in Manchester, with obscene amounts of money, and an ability to sell naming rights to a stadium they don't own. For millions. And shit celebration. Can't like that. No.

Anyone else feel this way?

Apart from their bottomless pit of cash (which isn't really their fault) and Mancini's mild arrogance, I struggle to think of too many reasons to hate them. Even their fans are ok.

All said, I can definitely see us beating them at the weekend.

Meh, their fans are bitter gobshites don't be fooled.

And the ones I know are just starting to adopt that same arrogant tone that Utd fans have always had.

Mancs are still fucking Mancs at the end of day, just some Mancs I hate more that others :whistle:

Most arrogant set of supporters in the country. "We'll buy your club and burn it down" and "We're gonna buy [insert opposition teams best player]" just typical of their attitude. I was told by a citeh fan recently that Liverpool are a spent force.

Putting the obvious hatred to one side, there is a mutual respect between us and the other manc shower for whats been achieved by both clubs over long periods, as supporters we both know what it takes to get to the top. With city success has been given on a silver platter hence their complete lack of respect towards what was achieved in the past and more importanly, what it took by great men to get there.

They will be tolerable, until they have won the title and start dominating, and then they will turn into Scum B, and cunts, but this, although unlikely given the obscene amounts of cash that have been spent, may still not come to pass.

Man City have some kind of curse on them, I believe. They have had cash before and it usually goes wrong for them in some spectacularly unforeseen way. However, as long as they speed up the demise of the Scum A team before the curse once again kicks in, I will be quietly pleased.

I've worked in Manchester for past 13 years. Work with a few City fans, a few of who are season ticket holders and followed them when they were in 3rd division. Happy for them to see them have a bit of success. To put in perspective, a lad in work been following them same amount of time as I have us. During that time , i've attended 13 finals, the FA cup in May was his first! Can see the arrogance creeping in with some of them though, so let them have their fun this season and we can pick up the reins next session

i remenber a while back there was a thread on that blue moon website a mate of mine gave me the link. the stick and abuse they gave us was as bad as what you would get out of a scum fanzine site. there was even disgraceful comments about hillsbourgh. although there anger seem to go towards rawk. that site is a fucking embarassment.but in regards to the money they have they won the lotto ticket we would have dearly loved to have.