You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bearable Conservatives.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Any blind believer can cherry pick facts and draw false conclusions to reinforce their faith.

If I'm cherry picking stats, then you'll be able to cherry pick some stats that demonstrate the opposite - in other words, a negative correlation between liberalism, intelligence and wealth.

Take your time...

If I'm cherry picking stats, then you'll be able to cherry pick some stats that demonstrate the opposite - in other words, a negative correlation between liberalism, intelligence and wealth.

Take your time...

Why the fuck would I want to cherry pick facts to reinforce my worldview? That's a stupid thing to do.

Meanwhile Rees-Mogg confirms his views on gay marriage not being allowed and abortion, even if as the result of rape, being outlawed. Favourite for the next Tory leader this guy.

I keep wondering whether this is a wind-up, like he's being put forward by people on the left falsely, because any scrutiny of him whatsoever indicates he holds some atrocious views.

One of my missus' pals is openly a tory, she's ok generally but we have a rule where we don't discuss politics with her & if she starts up, we just ignore her & change the subject.

The worst thing is that in an act of horrific proselytism, she's converted her fiancé & he's a bit louder than her about it. He gets ignored too but I wouldn't go out for a drink with him because I might end up lamping the cunt. One night he appeared in my local & spotted me (innocently) walking one of the barmaids up the road when the boozer shut, the twat only went straight home & told his bird & it came back to me about two days later via my missus. A tory & a fucking rat.

Something about 'Tories' and jovial, endeering bigots like Smogg, Johnson and Widicombe. It seems that progress and equality are allowed to bypass them, because they're 'funny' and 'different'.

Yes. They are different. For a fucking reason - they're biggoted twats who refuse to accept change. Outside the Daily Mail universe that isn't normal.

I wonder how far Hitler would have got with a normal moustache?