You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Estonia possibly going to the Euros...

Greece winning the Euros is a good shout. Had a double with Baros top scorer and the Czech winning at 400/1, needless to say I was a bit pissed with them for losing against the Greeks. Small consolation getting Baros in at 60/1 though:-)

Lots of good shouts here, particularly the Wimbledon/Arsenal games. Wasn't even close to being there, the Arsenal result I only learnt the next day (before the days of cable/satellite for me, and I could barely get the radio going most nights - terrible reception over here), and the Wimbledon final I watched from my armchair, well jumping around screaming is more like it...

Edited by lebron

Marc-Vivien Foe suffering a cardiac arrest during a game and subsequently dying. The game was live on Eurosport at the time and it was a massive shock to see it unfold. I'd never heard of anything like that happening before then (apart from Nwankwo Kanu, then at Ajax, failing a medical at Inter because of a heart defect, which got sorted out). Worse still, numerous other players have succumbed to the same thing since (Benfica's Miklos Feher and Sevilla's Antonio Puerta) or had to end their careers because of it (Real Madrid's Ruben De La Red or Leicester's Clive Clarke) because it's too much of a risk. Espanyol's captain Dani Jarque collapsed and died after training, just a few days after he played for Espanyol in a friendly against us at their new stadium. When Spain's Iniesta scored the winning goal in the World Cup final, he took off his shirt to reveal a tribute to Jarque on his vest. A bit closer to home, one of our own former reserve players, Besian Idrizaj, lost his life due to heart complications. It's something that can happen in everyday life, but it's still shocking when it happens to a sportsperson, whom you automatically assume to be fitter and healthier than you or I.

I still can't believe, that I've seen quite a few matches (home and away: european, league, cups), and I've never actually witnessed Liverpool losing in person.

If I'm in the ground, we don't lose.

Buy this man a season ticket!

I still can't believe, that I've seen quite a few matches (home and away: european, league, cups), and I've never actually witnessed Liverpool losing in person.

If I'm in the ground, we don't lose.

How many games roughly is that?

Ive been to Anfield about 70/80 times since '94 and ive only seen Liverpool lose about 2 or 3 times, the last being Blackpool

Machedas goal v Aston Villa, when Villa were winning with 10 minutes left and we had won in the 94th minute the day before

Losing to Coventry(after being 1-0 up) at home in 96-97, the day after United lost at home to Derby and the League was in our hands

I'll always hate David James for that second one.

And Martin O'Neill for his shit tactics for the first.

Signing Christian Poulsen. He'd been garbage for Juventus for 2 years, and he had an absolute shocker at the World Cup. The World Cup where Roy Hodgson was a studio pundit with the BBC so had ample opportunity to watch various players. For some reason, instead of basing his judgement on what he'd seen, he chose to spunk at least double the value of the player - and not-inconsiderable wages - on the basis of what the player did 10 years earlier. Juventus took the piss out of us that summer, having also got Aquilani on loan without having to pay a loan fee.

Great shout that, it was one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen in a game.

Unforgettable moment.

I was in the pub in town and this Polish girl with her boyfriend was stood behind us and she'd been saying how worried she was in case her compatriot let anyone down that night. When he made that double save her face was a picture of pride as we all hugged her as if she was Dudek himself !!

Gerrard twatting the ball in from 30 yards in the 2006 FA Cup final in injury time. To be honest, it was probably the only way we were going to score as he was brilliant all the way through that game whereas others were miles off the pace. To score from that distance, in such a pressure situation, was astounding.