You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcast Feedback Thread

dave u

Needed to start a thread where people can post ideas and feedback about the podcast.

Firstly, if you've listened to the latest one you'll know we've started a new feature where you submit a question and we have to answer it. The first one was "If Luis Suarez was an after shave, what would he be called?"

We answered that and then made some more suggestions for other players. So if anyone wants to come up with some, post them in here and we'll read out the best ones on the next podcast which is scheduled to be recorded tomorrow night.

Also, we need a new question. It has to be something a bit unusual and alternative, like the one above.

Post them in here and we'll pick one for tomorrow night.

And if you have any other ideas for things we can do on the podcast, this is the place to put them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its decent. Never really bothered with podcasts when they came out a few years ago. Radio 1 were plugging them massively and I just thought it was some bullshit fad like blogging and vlogging and all that crap.

But recent weeks have changed my mind. Albeit I only listen to this one and the anfield wrap, and would probably only listen to others if they were about LFC by the fans.

Would be good to include match reports from the Under 18s and Academy seeing as you get down to see them more than most. Might also be interesting ton have features on classic moments of LFC's past such as fans accounts of great European nights or former players (like with Mellor)

Think there could also be more tie-in with the fanzine and website so you could discuss/reference articles/forum threads as part of the podcast discussion.

Love the celeb interviews - they're always insightful, more so than 'official' press interviews.

Numbers is a good host and obviously knows his stuff.

As for a question, how about 'funniest thing you've heard at the match' or 'what would be the best 5 aside team from the squad', or 'what classic movie role could a player play' e.g. Skrtel as the Terminator etc.

If they weren't a footballer what would they be?

As for a question, how about 'funniest thing you've heard at the match' or 'what would be the best 5 aside team from the squad', or 'what classic movie role could a player play' e.g. Skrtel as the Terminator etc.

This is what I'm talking about. Good stuff.

Do love the podcasts and real glad they have made it back. Not listened to the latest one but is in my ipod....

Just one comment really, maybe Numbers could stop answering his own questions. When he asks a question of a guest he then proceeds to give the answers rather than letting the expert "ahem" :-) guests give their opinion, which is who we want to hear from.

For example if he asks Dave, "Why did we not win X game?" rather than stopping there he will continue to say was it because of X, Y, Z and basically has the question answered before the guest has said a word.

Just a polite suggestion, that is all.

As for questions - I now live on Oz for my sins but woudl love to hear something like Away day stories from away game trips...maybe just me...

No but he's a professional presenter who's a Red with access to podcast recording equipment. Not that odd.

He doesn't sound like a professional presenter to me, but what do I know, I've only got a degree in broadcasting.

Podcast recording equipment. You mean a microphone?

Jamming two phone lines into a real-time interview is a bit more difficult, granted, but I really don't see why Usher and Alan aren't sat in the corner of an alehouse with a microphone chatting shit, and inviting a couple of people over to join in.

No need to be 'live' to Neil Mellor, or 'live' to Alan and Dave, or make it sound like you're going 'live' at all.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but if you want some feedback then I'll give you my honest opinion of what I like about Podcasts, especially footy-related ones.

James Richardson's podcast is gold. Nothing live about it, what's the point in making it sound like 606? If I want phone-ins and opinion then I'll likely download the 606 podcast.

That's the whole point of Podcast's, they shouldn't feel 'live', they're not designed to be listened to like radio, though 606 is different, I can't really think of any other podcast that gets away with it.

Podcasts are an audio document, not a broadcast, so take your time and make it a nice product, don't go rushing it with crackly phone lines and low production values.

The overriding factor will be the listener's perception, and if you make the podcast sound gimmicky then that will be the thing that sticks in people's minds. The whole point of TLW is that we love it being free of gimmicks and modern shite, where possible. Having a DJ front the podcast, and for that DJ to proclaim himself as 'Numbers', is touching upon 'rolling eyes' territory.

If I get banned for this, I'll be mortified.

But I suppose it'll set the standard by which 'feedback' is asked for next time...

:whistle:

Keep plugging away though, and I mean that, I do appreciate having an LFC podcast made by genuine people.