You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcast Feedback Thread

dave u

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A feature/ poll on the worst owners of a football club ever.

There's been some proper fucking cunts over the years:

Statler & waldorf

The Venkys

Michael Knighton (nearly)

Anyone or anything to do with Peter Ridsdale

Those loonies at Hearts

Abramovich

Briatore

Mike Ashley

Peter Swales

Shinawatra

You can add Ken Bates to that list. Although he did regain some kudos with me by referring to Chelsea's owners as 'a bunch of Siberian shysters' and then responding to Abramovic's (not unreasonable) accusations of racism by releasing an official statement on Leeds' website in which he appeared to be channeling Derek and Clive, saying he 'hadn't laughed so much since ma caught her tits in the mangle'.

As for the podcast, I like it. It's got the right mix of humour and analysis and although it's not quite as full-on as much of the forum discussion, that's probably no bad thing in terms of avoiding prosecution under the Electronic Communications Act. I can't pretend I've got much to compare them to though to be honest, the only other one I've really listened to is James Richardson's - it's a personal thing I guess, I just prefer reading to listening. In view of that, the fact that I listen to it at all is probably an endorsement.

I like it. I too wouldn't mind some input from a new face maybe once every few weeks, even though I really like and respect both Dave and Als views and opinions.

Would just be nice to hear another point of view, perhaps someone who purposely offers the alternative opinion just to spice things up, as Dave and Al tend to agree on a lot of things, which 99.9% of the time I agree myself with too.

I like it. I too wouldn't mind some input from a new face maybe once every few weeks, even though I really like and respect both Dave and Als views and opinions.

Would just be nice to hear another point of view, perhaps someone who purposely offers the alternative opinion just to spice things up, as Dave and Al tend to agree on a lot of things, which 99.9% of the time I agree myself with too.

To that end, I'd like to have Monty on. He always provides good balance. In the "Torres is a cunt" edition of the fanzine, I felt he was the most fair in his assessment of the situation, for example.

I was going to suggest Aws, but then I'd have to accept he isn't actually Tom Hagen and, at this stage in my life, I'm simply not prepared to do that.

Tell Numbers that Al's surname is not the same as that of a certain Blueshite midfielder.

Lucky Pierre is also upset about this. Personally I find it funny. It's like 'Kelvin' Henry. I'm gonna start calling him Alan Cahill from now on.

Also, we need a question for the next show.

We recorded one last night that will be available tomorrow, and we went with the 'If they weren't a footballer what would they be?" question.

Need one for next time so get your suggestions in.

i've been listening to this podcat back when it was on thisisanfield.com. I think Numbers is great. All 3 of your personalities work together. Al is kind of all over the place with his goofy predictions, where Dave is more balanced. Numbers doesn't seem to interject too much. He puts in his opinion of course, but I listen to these when I run and it makes a 30 min run go by that much faster.

Thanks for all your hard work! I'm glad we are getting these more then every 3 months now!