You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yeah, they can afford to spend £35m on a striker who already looks like being the top scorer in the Premiership.

We can only dream of that sort of player.

Which one? Tevez, Aguero or Dzeko? Or one of several others whose contracts+fee combined circles those of Carroll's?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the dust settles. That's probably the best we've played at Stoke and not won. 2 guilt edge chances we should have fucking scored from that we really should have taken. A 50/50 penalty, and them putting 11 men behind the ball. It was always going to be a hard game, and we where pretty much on top for the second half.

We're going to have games like this, it's still a new squad which will frustrate and display phenomenal performances in equal measure. Yes I'm gutted, but it's Stoke we've never won there, and not many teams will go there and win anyway. I'm not too disheartened because we clearly didn't deserve to lose and we will play worse than that and win 3-0.

It's a reality check for some, but although I was hopeful of a win I was never certain you never can be with Stoke. Yes it would have been great to win, and but for a poor penalty decision and 2 players scoring two of the easiest opportunities players will have in this league, well it would have been a different story.

Our problem in the past with this game has been our approach, tactics and mentality. Nothing was wrong with that. At all in any way shape or form so we can take comfort from that. You need to go to places like these and win to achieve plenty of things in the league, we didn't win but we should have. Hopefully we'll compensate for this at other venues this season, based on the performance I don't see why we can't 4th is the aim, not league winners and we really need to remember that.

I fully expect us to twat Spurs though, the players showed the right attitude Bellamy had a good game, Suarez was boss, Henderson is quite obviously a confidence player he'll be feeling like shit so I'd be tempted to rest him if SG is fit.

As Kevin Keegan once said, I'm not disappointed, I'm just disappointed.

Kenny said every game major decisions has gone against them this season. Funny how he doesnt mention the offside goal at the emirates

Don't be fooled, Suarez WASN'T offside against Arsenal

By GRAHAM POLL

Arsene Wenger bemoaned his luck at what he felt was an offside goal and the analysis in super slo-mo seemed to prove he had a case.

However, the International Football Association Board decreed a number of seasons ago that unless a player touches the ball then he is not interfering with play.

Although Luis Suarez was in a marginally offside position, he did not touch the ball. It was intercepted by Arsenal defender Ignasi Miquel, who played it off Aaron Ramsey before it rebounded into the net.

Read more: Graham Poll: Luis Suarez was not offside | Mail Online

If there is one team you wouldn't want to play after an international break it would undoubtedly be Stoke (particularly away). They are just a cruder version of Wimbledon in the 80's, and not many teams will get much change out of them there in my opinion. Just put it behind us and move on.

If there is one team you wouldn't want to play after an international break it would undoubtedly be Stoke (particularly away). They are just a cruder version of Wimbledon in the 80's, and not many teams will get much change out of them there in my opinion. Just put it behind us and move on.

exactly. What's the point in being drama queens. We have an excellent chance to beat serious opponents Spurs at WHL to look forward to, jaded after Europa which we lucked out of...

As the dust settles. That's probably the best we've played at Stoke and not won. 2 guilt edge chances we should have fucking scored from that we really should have taken. A 50/50 penalty, and them putting 11 men behind the ball. It was always going to be a hard game, and we where pretty much on top for the second half.

We're going to have games like this, it's still a new squad which will frustrate and display phenomenal performances in equal measure. Yes I'm gutted, but it's Stoke we've never won there, and not many teams will go there and win anyway. I'm not too disheartened because we clearly didn't deserve to lose and we will play worse than that and win 3-0.

It's a reality check for some, but although I was hopeful of a win I was never certain you never can be with Stoke. Yes it would have been great to win, and but for a poor penalty decision and 2 players scoring two of the easiest opportunities players will have in this league, well it would have been a different story.

Our problem in the past with this game has been our approach, tactics and mentality. Nothing was wrong with that. At all in any way shape or form so we can take comfort from that. You need to go to places like these and win to achieve plenty of things in the league, we didn't win but we should have. Hopefully we'll compensate for this at other venues this season, based on the performance I don't see why we can't 4th is the aim, not league winners and we really need to remember that.

I fully expect us to twat Spurs though, the players showed the right attitude Bellamy had a good game, Suarez was boss, Henderson is quite obviously a confidence player he'll be feeling like shit so I'd be tempted to rest him if SG is fit.

As Kevin Keegan once said, I'm not disappointed, I'm just disappointed.

Ah, the sweet, sweet taste of sanity. Well said.

watching the game for the first time now. scrappy first half but we're by far the better team. can't see what anyones problem with lucas is. he's winning ball left right and centre. downing and kuyt have contributed nothing and carragher has been caught wrong side from the second ball and wrapped an arm around walters. most of the time he gets away with them.

watching the game for the first time now. scrappy first half but we're by far the better team. can't see what anyones problem with lucas is. he's winning ball left right and centre. downing and kuyt have contributed nothing and carragher has been caught wrong side from the second ball and wrapped an arm around walters. most of the time he gets away with them.

That's fair. Downing upped his game towards the end of the 2nd 1/2 though.

Kenny said every game major decisions has gone against them this season. Funny how he doesnt mention the offside goal at the emirates

That goal at the Enemas stadium is actually my favourite goal we've scored this season Abs. And knowing that you still think it was offside has just made it that little bit sweeter. Thanks mate !

In fact, I think I'll head over to footytube right now and watch it one more time.

That's fair. Downing upped his game towards the end of the 2nd 1/2 though.

Downing does look much more effective on the right and he actually has a really good right foot cross on him.

We weren't great but we created plenty of chances but our finishing lacked composure and we snatched at everything. suarez epitomised this, he was so wound up that he lacked a bit of his quality yesterday.

Positives are enrique and adam have settled in really well and we basically have players challenging for every position apart from keeper and left back.

for spurs I'd like to see carroll back in for kuyt, maxi or bellamy for henderson with downing on the right. Gi Jo didn't look fit when he came on whether he pulled something as soon as he came on I don't know but we might have to persist with skrtel at right back if we don't have a fit right back which might spare carragher for another week but I think kenny has a big decision coming up at centre back.

Johnson tweeted that he's done his hamstring again.

Our 'world-class' medical team isn't coming across as professional as hoped considering I believe they have been brought in on serious money & given fantastic facilities to work with.

Kelly / Johnson / Gerrard have all had re-lapses or been used before being properly recovered and ( worse to my mind ) Carroll was unbelievably left on at the Emirates last season after quite clearly twisting his knee & causing him to miss games thereafter.

Our 'world-class' medical team isn't coming across as professional as hoped considering I believe they have been brought in on serious money & given fantastic facilities to work with.

Kelly / Johnson / Gerrard have all had re-lapses or been used before being properly recovered and ( worse to my mind ) Carroll was unbelievably left on at the Emirates last season after quite clearly twisting his knee & causing him to miss games thereafter.

Add all that to the fact that the first team were far too unfit for the first game of the season which arguably cost us the win.

Serious questions need asking.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish shows strain after Stoke defeat | Football | The Guardian

For its part, it is understood the Football Association is unlikely to discipline Dalglish for his comments given he did not criticise or question the integrity of any referee in particular.

That may come as a relief to the 60-year-old but for his admirers there may remain concern over his loss of temper, the sense, even, that for the second time in two decades the task of managing Liverpool is proving too great a responsibilty for the club's greatest player.

Shithouse article, in my opinion.

Agreed. Really really lazy and poor quality journalism. He's going to crack after one bad result? Bad Result mind not actually that terrible a performance.

Stoke are fucking shit to watch btw, that's not sour grapes. I appreciate teams sometimes have to dig in, sometimes have a shite day going forward, but they set out to be like that. Fucking awful team.

Those goals at the emirates were not offside btw, they fall into the catagory of oooh seen em flagged which is not the same thing. The rule is there to encourage attacking play, i have no sympathy at all with a team conceding a goal if the play has so much as a foot inline with the defendor, it's not fucking goal hanging is it!

Those Henderson misses were really horrible. Just watched it with the view from behind him and he had all these options on what to do with the ball and he chose the worst one, but he'll learn a lot from it.

That whole situation summed up the game perfectly. We had the chances but we didn't take them. We were brilliant apart from the goalscoring thing.

Some people need to get a reality check if they thing we'll 'twat' spurs away next week. That's another very tough game and another place we dont usually get good results at.

While I hope for a win, we'll do very well to come away with a draw in that game.