You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spearing and Shelvey together could not have done what Adam did for us today. He got about the pitch, was always looking for the ball, his passing was fantastic, and he scored. To have a downer on him after that performance is mad.

How is what I said a "downer" on him? I haven't said a single negative thing about his performance, I was delighted with how he played today. There was definitely no suggestion that I think we would have been better off starting either of them today.

I just think that if his influence proves to wane as games progress it's a good opportunity for Jay and Jonjo to get more experience. Jonjo is obviously younger and we will need to pick and choose when, but I think Jay's energy and ability with the ball as well will actually be a huge asset if Charlie is tiring and we need to see games out.

Fantastic display yesterday. One of the best I've seen since the 08/09 season. I was made up for the boy Henderson. Great game and topped off with opening goal. The midfield were awesome. Nobody could live with them. Lovely one touch pass and move and neat little give and go play. A real joy to watch. Over the moon to for Adam to open his account. Brilliant finish with his weaker foot.

Of course, the little stick of dynamite upfront deserves all the plaudits for getting in and about the Bolton backline. The guy must be a nightmare to deal with. I thought Carroll was starting to show a bit more ability when he came on. I really do think he will be like Crouch. Won't score for ages then he just won't be able to stop. I like the big man and I desperately want him to do well.

The defence were solid. Easily dealt with Klasnic and Davies until Carra had a slight mishap. Skrtel looked solid on the right and took his goal well. Enrique was superb once on the left. A shrewd signing for only £6m. Agger was great again alongside Carra.

The only downside for me was Kelly's injury. That was a shame when he was building up a decent run in the first team.

It might be a bit premature to suggest we'll be challenging for the title but I certainly see us pushing the likes of the Arse and the Spuds out of the way for Champions League qualification. With the King in charge and finally a decent squad with depth, I think we're going places again.

I can't think of a midfield in the premier league that could live with ours on that form,and with Gerrard still to come back and Raul injured things look good in there for us,if we can continue like this then i'm confident of top 4 this season.

Genuinely feel sorry for the people that can't seem to enjoy a win, sets me right up for the day.

I love that we had opportunities to score all over the place, so fluid in attack.

I fucking loved the win, buzzed off it.

But at the same time...it's unhealthy to ignore the fact that it's Suarez who makes things happen, he megs players, he goes around obstacles, his movement enables the rest of the team to come alive.

And that dies on it's arse when he goes off.

Barca used to have the same problem with messi, but now with Sanchez they can breath a little easier.

We need to think this way too, because right now our entire style of play is dependant on one man, and that's dangerous.

Its not about me not being able to enjoy days like yesterday, it's about me wanting every game to be like yesterday, I want sustained happiness, is that so wrong?

I fucking loved the win, buzzed off it.

But at the same time...it's unhealthy to ignore the fact that it's Suarez who makes things happen, he megs players, he goes around obstacles, his movement enables the rest of the team to come alive.

And that dies on it's arse when he goes off.

Barca used to have the same problem with messi, but now with Sanchez they can breath a little easier.

We need to think this way too, because right now our entire style of play is dependant on one man, and that's dangerous.

Its not about me not being able to enjoy days like yesterday, it's about me wanting every game to be like yesterday, I want sustained happiness, is that so wrong?

It's not wrong, but doesn't mean your right. Players of that ilk want CL footy, not only that we don't have an oil field on Stanley park to tap every time we fancy blurting 30mil. This team is going to be special, but let's not run before we can walk.

Looks like all those pundits were correct, "Kenny will struggle, he's been away too long"

Soon gone fucking silent eh ?

Let's just hope we can keep this form going and build on it, once Andy gets his boots firing right im sure the goals will flow and add a new dimension to our play, we just need to avoid the Carra hoof to him. We need to do the ugly part of the game right now, we can do the classy stuff no probs.

Any news on Kelly? Or will they wait until monday to check the injury out properly?

He walked off and looked like he might be ok... so I think it was just a slight injury. I would imagine that after the international break he'd be ok.

I reckon he's been treated internally after going in for scans.

This post is 100% speculation and positive thinking.

Three weeks in and this is already looking like a fucking superb start to the season for us isn't it?

The team's starting to gel fantastically well. Suarez is like a gift from the footballing gods to make up for the last couple of years of misery and chaos, all the new signings are bedding in and almost immediately showing their worth while even things like Lucas' slow evolution into a genuinely vital player is continuing apace.

The atmosphere in Anfield's been brilliant and the two teams you'd consider our nearest competitors for fourth place have fucking imploded.. As we well know from bitter fucking experience, Arsenal and Spurs are in genuine and real danger. It takes months to gain any sort of confidence back from results like they're suffering and it's a painfully slow process. A shit but battling performance away at fucking Sunderland or whoever where you've fluked a point and you're fucking thrilled and are desperately praying this is the start of clawing your way back up the table. It's a soul destroying experience.

Don't get me wrong, there are negatives that we could we take from our performance on Saturday, but you know what.? Fuck that.

If we've learnt anything from the last few years it's that weekends like this are there to be enjoyed. Briefly top of the table, clear water between us and our rivals already and the memory of Suarez hitting a pinpoint pass, with the outside of his right foot, that Downing has already anticipated and smashed goalwards with his supposedly weaker foot, where Henderson takes up the slack with an unstoppable shot. Truly fucking majestic stuff.

It's been a good weekend, a fucking great weekend really and there's the potential in this team for plenty more of them. Complaining about the petty shit is taking churlishness to new fucking heights in my opinion.

We were fucking great, we won and we deserved it, roll on the next game.

It can't come fucking soon enough for me..