You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meireles is out which is a blow as I'd have liked him to start this one, not heard anything about Johnson so assume he is still out

------------Pepe-----------

Kelly---Carra----Agger--Enrique

Kuyt----Lucas---Adam--Downing

----------Carroll--Suarez--------

subs

Doni

Flanno

Skrtel

Spearing

Henderson

Maxi

Cole

3-1 Reds

Suarez

Kuyt

Downing

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bells? I have to remember to neg that when I am at my pc.

In the absence of Johnson and Gerrard I think the team picks itself aside form right midfield. IMO Dirk deserves the start. He adds a lot to the attack alongside Suarez. It's also possible that KK could go for Maxi there. Either way three points is a must and I believe 7 points from our first three games represents our best start in something like 13 years.

Meireles is out which is a blow as I'd have liked him to start this one, not heard anything about Johnson so assume he is still out

------------Pepe-----------

Kelly---Carra----Agger--Enrique

Kuyt----Lucas---Adam--Downing

----------Carroll--Suarez--------

Hope you are right about Kuyt over Henderson. Kenny has thrown up a few selection surprises in all 3 games so far though so impossible to say who will start really. Starting Meireles and Suarez the other night suggests perhaps that they are still playing around with different formations which is a good thing I think.

Yeah, I don't see why the fact that neither of them are Liverpool players yet should stop us. If they're good enough, they're bought enough.

Chuckle worthy.

Kuyt on the right in a 4-4-2? I hope I never see that day ever again.

Yep. Wide right/forward in an advanced 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 etc, or upfront only.

In this case i'd prefer Carroll to start tho - hopefully that goal will kickstart his season and shut up the doubters

Carroll has to start getting his season up and running, even if it's off of his arse, he needs a league goal and a good performance. He's up to it we know that, he just needs a barnstormer to get thing motoring!

I hope to god we can get the match finished within the first half so we can try some things which we normally wouldn't.......Like passing into Carroll's feet!

Suarez to get a couple early doors and Carroll, by hook or crook, another.

--------------Pepe

Kelly---- Carra-----Agger---- Enrique

Downing--Lucas--- Adam -----Maxi

---------Suarez----Caroll

or

--------------Pepe

Kelly---- Carra-----Agger---- Enrique

Hendo---------Lucas----------Adam

Downing----------------------Suarez

--------------Carroll

A very tough encounter, and I think we have to be content to take a point from this one. You can't make assumptions or believe that you're entitled to victory when up against formidable Premier League opposition. Three points would be utopia, but avoiding defeat has to be the confidence-building goal.

i'm not saying it will be easy but content with a point at home to bolton?! what the fuck?!

is that you Roy?

A very tough encounter, and I think we have to be content to take a point from this one. You can't make assumptions or believe that you're entitled to victory when up against formidable Premier League opposition. Three points would be utopia, but avoiding defeat has to be the confidence-building goal.

Roy shouldn't you be concentrating on Stoke?

Edited by brucespanner
Damn you god9

Am I missing something?

Guest SpiderLucas
Yeah, I don't see why the fact that neither of them are Liverpool players yet should stop us. If they're good enough, they're bought enough.

This has to be one of the funniest things ever posted on this website. I hope this is a well-used quote for years to come! :lol:

Reina

Kelly Carra Agger Enrique

Lucas

Adam Henderson

Maxi Suarez Downing

Guest SpiderLucas
We have to accept that there is no man who can come in, wave a magic wand and transform this football club into a creditable contender.

or he's just a prick, I can't decide.

Maxi deserves a start,even before he arrived to Liverpool he was prolific aganst midtable teams,especially during his Espanyol days. Seems to have good understanding with Suarez as well. The rest of the team virtually picks itself. We still lack depth in attacking third.

Reina

Kelly

Carragher (Skrtel if match-fit,needs to form a partnership with Agger)

Agger

Enrique

Maxi

Lucas

Adam

Downing

Suarez

Carroll