You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Don't do it LFD. Live and learn.

Learn from what?

Your fishing I presume. I don't care if someone is fishing or not, I will defend Henderson from bashing.

A couple of middling performances against Stoke and Villa and a half decent display against notts county in the league cup 3rd round and the...

Whole of last season when used.

What, where we finished 7th and went out of both cups?

That's not Henderson's fault. Don't be silly.

Actually most of our worst performances last season Henderson didn't play, yet he was used in most of our big wins. We were a better side when he was in the team.

Don't think we have had the balance between defense and attack the last two seasons very often when he has not been in the side.

I don't think he should start all the time for us, especially at home against the weaker side. But against the big sides and most away games, he is an important player.

he'll never be anything like Stevie but he can be an excellent midfielder in his own right

Done far more in his career than the likes of Wilshere and Cleverley, not that you'd know with the perceptions in the press though

Wilshire is a better player, his black marks are 1) he's a little cockney scrote 2) he's always 'unfit', commentators and the press always blame a below par performance on his fitness. He's like Bono.

While I've always liked Henderson and always believed he will do well for us, I'm not sure he's at the right level yet. He struggles to impose himself, and he puts in largely middling performances which are lauded to the skies by those who believe he gets a rough ride. He took his goal well last night. The next step is to put in a dominant and influential performance against some big teams. For me, he's still not taking on enough responsibility, and has yet to demonstrate real gumption and bottle regularly. Lets hope that at the end of this season we can see that he's come of age as a player.

What about the people who actually think he's quite good? And think his performances are actually quite good, rather than 'middling'?

They're clearly insane. I'm jesting of course, before LFD rushes in and negs me again. His performances are invariably quite good compared to those that he put in when he joined. Occasionally, they are quite good per se. If he was playing for Sunderland, or Crystal Palace, or Spurs or Everton, and he put in the same level of performances, he wouldn't be on anyone's radar on here. As I say, I've always thought he will do well here, and always thought he was a better bet than Lucas for example in progressing to become an important player for a top team. I just don't think he's there yet.

He still has room for improvement, there is no doubt about that, but is there a player out there more willing and keen to learn? His attitude seems to be spot on and he obviously has plenty of ability to go with it. Every part of his game has improved over the last year or so and if that continues then he can definitely be a first team player for us in the long term.

He still has room for improvement, there is no doubt about that, but is there a player out there more willing and keen to learn? His attitude seems to be spot on and he obviously has plenty of ability to go with it. Every part of his game has improved over the last year or so and if that continues then he can definitely be a first team player for us in the long term.

Yep agree with all of that.

While I've always liked Henderson and always believed he will do well for us, I'm not sure he's at the right level yet.

His performances are invariably quite good compared to those that he put in when he joined. Occasionally, they are quite good per se. If he was playing for Sunderland, or Crystal Palace, or Spurs or Everton, and he put in the same level of performances, he wouldn't be on anyone's radar on here. As I say, I've always thought he will do well here, and always thought he was a better bet than Lucas for example in progressing to become an important player for a top team. I just don't think he's there yet.

Don't sit on the fence, old man. Tell us what you actually think of Lucas.

Took longer than expected.

ibqkaFsjgc6GK2.gif

Haha! Nice one Heinze! Is there a tool (online one, preferably) I could use to convert video snippets into gifs? I have a few gems like the one you posted above, which I'd love to make into gifs (and share, of course).

He has always been quality, just like Lucas. You can either spot these early or you can't. It's a gift.

And with a goal in a game against Notts county in the league cup he somehow confirms he's one of the hottest talents in world football?

His goal is like that Everton player takin that preseason 'PIRLO' penalty and blueshite claiming he's therefore better than Pirlo somehow.