You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rise of the far right in Europe.

Sugar Ape

19 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I do find the concept of drag queens being offensive to women faintly ridiculous

I'd be interested to listen in to a debate between women on the pros and cons of that argument.

Arsed if I'm paying too much attention to a handful of men on a football forum, like.

A HOPE NOT HATE INVESTIGATION HAS FOUND AND EXPOSED THE NEW ISSUES GROUP, A SECRET ANTI-MUSLIM GROUP AT THE HEART OF THE BRITISH ESTABLISHMENT.

https://hopenothate.org.uk/2023/02/24/investigation-the-new-issues-group/?fbclid=IwAR1DjgXUjPKUFFSpbN3K7ZHbLD_q7LSwZXEsHpKhHiRB9UlCF7mo6ZHsuZ8

The documents even suggest that known far-right figures have written and edited questions to be asked in the House of Lords. There is also evidence of funding from US evangelicals being funnelled into the UK to support the group and to help push legislation through the British Parliament. Perhaps most concerning, however, is that Baroness Cox broke the Lords Code of Conduct by failing to declare that she is a Director of a company called Equal and Free which the documents suggest is closely linked this secretive organisation.”

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I'd be interested to listen in to a debate between women on the pros and cons of that argument.

Arsed if I'm paying too much attention to a handful of men on a football forum, like.

I remember getting dragged to that umbo centre in the canary islands.Apparently its famous for drag queens and it was choca with gangs of women who didnt seem to find it offensive?

genuinely the 1st time ive heard that argument put foreward.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The report about Drag Queen Story Hour starts on page 52.

And it even mentions ADHD (an offensive name), but this seems to be before he raised money for his best mate the sex offender who was further prosecuted for trying to work with children after being banned.  Nothing to see here  Fuck me. 

25 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

And it even mentions ADHD (an offensive name), but this seems to be before he raised money for his best mate the sex offender who was further prosecuted for trying to work with children after being banned.  Nothing to see here  Fuck me. 

Right, so, that's Hope Not Hate on your list of enemies.

4 hours ago, A Red said:

Strange little chap. Lovely house though.

He said pretty much the same about me being a strange little man the other day, not worth a neg, pretty good put down. When returning the favour I was a little concerned so complemented his house, which is lovely. I was right to be, he's a sensitive little chap.

22 minutes ago, A Red said:

He said pretty much the same about me being a strange little man the other day, not worth a neg, pretty good put down. When returning the favour I was a little concerned so complemented his house, which is lovely. I was right to be, he's a sensitive little chap.

He seems very keen for me to contribute my opinion to another thread for some reason.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Faux-offence on behalf of other people is exactly the kind of thing that Rico and Stronts will tell you they are dead against... yet, here we are.

It’s like you forget what you post.  Last week you were supporting Billy Bragg faux outrage for a fictional kid whose fictional mum had fictional cancer.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Carradona said:

If calling someone obsessed is worthy of being described as an "attack", I'm asking what word you'd use to describe acts such as those. Nowhere did I say you had anything to do with it. 

But why are you so keen to have my opinion?

I don't approve of anyone taking the law into their own hands as a general rule. Not sure what else you'd expect me to say.

43 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Centuries.

I don’t follow this line of reasoning that says drag has been around for centuries so that makes it alright. Presumably lynching and slavery are also ok ? Female emancipation is a relatively recent phenomenon so it’s no surprise that the old means of cultural oppression are now coming under scrutiny.

To my mind, drag acts are offensive. They are caricaturing and exaggerating female sexuality, appearance and mannerisms in a  spiteful manner that is degrading to women and full of hate. Real women like your wife, daughter, mum don’t look or behave like drag acts, it’s a personification of suppressed male fear of female sexuality. This is why drag acts often have overtly sexual names and base their act on women being either overly promiscuous (Lilly Savage) or sexually repressed ((Les Dawson).

There’s no celebration of women’s achievements in a drag act  just men punching down on an historically oppressed group who have only recently achieved equality. I’m amazed that apparently liberal people can’t see it. 

• Upvote 1