You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rise of the far right in Europe.

Sugar Ape

The problem Angry has is that he starts from a position that any cause adopted by the far right* must be wrong-headed, because it's been adopted by the far right, and that anyone else supporting that cause is therefore standing shoulder to shoulder with the far right. Such a stance is inevitably going to lead you down a few garden paths.

(*the white far right, to be more accurate; causes adopted by far right Islamists don't seem such a concern)

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Strontium said:

The problem Angry has is that he starts from a position that any cause adopted by the far right* must be wrong-headed, because it's been adopted by the far right, and that anyone else supporting that cause is therefore standing shoulder to shoulder with the far right. Such a stance is inevitably going to lead you down a few garden paths.

(*the white far right, to be more accurate; causes adopted by far right Islamists don't seem such a concern)

Just making shit up, now.  Still, it's easier than answering the question about what harm Drag Queen Story Hour actually poses.

27 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

They do, you just can’t answer it because you’re pathetic “They are leaning for a book” is you justifying them sitting legs akimbo in front of load of kids. It’s inappropriate, and you know it is. 

He very clearly is off-balance and leaning for a book.  I can detect things like that about a picture that's right in front of me; it's like I've got a fifth sense. 

For what it's worth, I think that bloke's frock is ill-advised.  Obviously, he's flashing nothing more than tights, but it's still not nice and illustrates why all other Drag Queen Story Hour readers I've seen (mostly on the GF) wear longer dresses.

That guff you posted about women sitting that way is nonsense. I can't answer it because I genuinely don't know what point you're trying to make.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You can't be this thick.

A trans woman is someone who wants to live as a woman and identifies as a woman.

A drag queen is a bloke in a dress.

Obviously, a bigoted shit like Rico will pretend that they're the same, but they're self-evidently not.

This is where you put yourself.  I thought transwomen WERE women?  Drag queens can be women too.  

22 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He very clearly is off-balance and leaning for a book.  I can detect things like that about a picture that's right in front of me; it's like I've got a fifth sense. 

For what it's worth, I think that bloke's frock is ill-advised.  Obviously, he's flashing nothing more than tights, but it's still not nice and illustrates why all other Drag Queen Story Hour readers I've seen (mostly on the GF) wear longer dresses.

That guff you posted about women sitting that way is nonsense. I can't answer it because I genuinely don't know what point you're trying to make.

Amazing stuff.

Mind-blowing. 

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

I find it interesting that you focus your attack on Rico, when it was Angry, on page 81, who brought it up in this thread.

All I did was ask politely. How does that constitute an attack? 

Nothing in my post is false. His trans obsession is the reason why this 'debate' is now 10 pages long. 

There's an entire thread about it, keep it all in there. That applies to everyone. 

27 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Accusing someone of having a weird obsession sounds pretty attacky to me, but what would I know.

It's true though, isn't it. He's got a million posts on the thread that is his own little fiefdom and he insists on bringing it into every other thread.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Accusing someone of having a weird obsession sounds pretty attacky to me, but what would I know.

Yes, what would you know. If that's your definition of an attack, I'd be interested to hear what word you'd use to describe what happened over the weekend to Palestinian dwellings and neighbourhoods? 

There's a space over on the Israel thread where your response would be welcome. 

42 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Yes, what would you know. If that's your definition of an attack, I'd be interested to hear what word you'd use to describe what happened over the weekend to Palestinian dwellings and neighbourhoods? 

There's a space over on the Israel thread where your response would be welcome. 

What the fuck does any of that have to do with me?

I do find the concept of drag queens being offensive to women faintly ridiculous as they have presumably been around for decades,and it tends to be groups of women going to see them,as opposed to groups of lads.

still what that has to do with Nazis is anyones guess?