You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WTF is going on at Newcastle?

Markmywords

Selling their best player to a Championship side? This transfer makes no sense at all, to Newcastle or to Nolan.

Telling barton that they basically don't want him - He's been one of the major plusses for them and in getting rid of the pair of them their basically ripping out the heart and soul of their midfield.

What the hell is going on? are they planning on starting again from scratch?

I reckon there's something going down up their that's not been divulged yet. Ashley's got a buyer or something.

There was some chatter that he wanted a 5 year deal, and that Newcastle didn't like the sound of it, so "talks collapsed".

No doubt Newcastle offered him a convoluted set of bonus-incentivised add-ons on order to keep costs down.

Either way, if I was a Geordie fan (or indeed player) I'd be quite upset and not a little bemused. That said, they've still got Tiote and that new French ald who some seem to rate (I don't know who he is, what he looks liek or who he used to play for) so all is not lost.

As for teh Hammers, well, it looks like a great signing by Fat Sam, and he'll replace Parker nicely. Still seems too good a player for the Championship

Mike Ashley is like Cancer and Aids lite.

The locals aren't quite at the internet terrorism stage just yet but they will get there eventually. All the money they keep on reporting they are losing gets cleared in loans to the club from Ashley I don't think it's much of a surprise that not long after selling Carroll to us they announce a loss of £40m which has been cleared thanks to Ashley loaning money to the club.

He also does a good line in Purslowesque playing budget and some of the locals had been talking of walk outs/boycotts even before they sold Carroll. Still plenty going through the door and lining his pockets though. The man is precisely the kind of cunt who shouldn't be allowed near a football club.

From the Mirror:

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has warned of an exodus from St James' Park after it was confirmed that skipper Kevin Nolan was undergoing a medical at West Ham.

The 28-year-old was swift to respond to the news, predicting that he, Spanish full-back Jose Enrique and Argentinian winger Jonas Gutierrez could follow Nolan out of the door.

Nolan undergoing medical ahead of West Ham move

Barton, who said last season he would sign a new deal on Tyneside if his captain did, used his Twitter account to make his feelings on the matter known.

He tweeted: "Just on my way to Ascot, feel sick", before adding: "Great player, leader, captain, person, trainer and mostly a friend for life. Devastated to see him SOLD", adding the hashtag "£mejoseandjonasnext".

There was some chatter that he wanted a 5 year deal, and that Newcastle didn't like the sound of it, so "talks collapsed".

No doubt Newcastle offered him a convoluted set of bonus-incentivised add-ons on order to keep costs down.

Either way, if I was a Geordie fan (or indeed player) I'd be quite upset and not a little bemused. That said, they've still got Tiote and that new French ald who some seem to rate (I don't know who he is, what he looks liek or who he used to play for) so all is not lost.

As for teh Hammers, well, it looks like a great signing by Fat Sam, and he'll replace Parker nicely. Still seems too good a player for the Championship

yet they gave the fucking manager a 5 year deal? they are fucking clueless.

Yep, Nolan's going because Newcastle wouldn't give him anything longer than a two-year deal, and he wanted double that.

To be fair, though, they've just signed Yohan Cabaye, who's a better player than both Barton and Nolan, so things aren't that bad. Can still see them spending a fair bit of money between now and September.

Yep, Nolan's going because Newcastle wouldn't give him anything longer than a two-year deal, and he wanted double that.

To be fair, though, they've just signed Yohan Cabaye, who's a better player than both Barton and Nolan, so things aren't that bad. Can still see them spending a fair bit of money between now and September.

Most of that will be the Carroll money, so unless they get real value for money, they wont be improving.

I reckon they could go down this year, they're selling their best players, Ill take your word for Cabaye, but they could really be in the shit if they dont buy the right players or they dont settle.

Think the move made sense for all parties, really. Nolan wanted to secure his future with a more secure deal, which he will at West Ham - who get a player who will tear the championship apart. While Newcastle get a decent enough sum for someone who is getting on a bit, and wasn't going to start. Tiote and Cabaye will be their midfield duo and Ben Arfa will most likely play off the striker from what I'm told.

Most of that will be the Carroll money, so unless they get real value for money, they wont be improving.

I reckon they could go down this year, they're selling their best players, Ill take your word for Cabaye, but they could really be in the shit if they dont buy the right players or they dont settle.

Carroll was never worth £35m, though. If they get two or three quality players in, which going off reports in the media regarding the players they're linked with, is definitely what they're trying to do, then they'll be in a much better position.

Fair point about them possibly going down, although I do think they've got a much better squad than most of the other teams in the bottom half. I think they'll get a comfortable mid-table position, where they fall way short of Europe, but are never really in danger of being relegated.

Their best player? Nolan?

Nolan is average at best and some goals in garbage time won't change that, Cabaye is a better player by a margin and i guess Nolan can read the map and see that he won't be a regular in this new Newcastle side.

They're being linked to some good players like Matuidi, Barentta, Demba Ba etc. If they can get them then they will improve.

Personally if they play a 4-4-2 i don't see how either Barton or Nolan fit in. They're not good enough. They can play like this

Ben Arfa - Tiote - Cabaye - Guttierez

It's a good midfield.

If they get Ba and maybe 2 more good strikers then i'd back them to finish in the top half.

Think the move made sense for all parties, really. Nolan wanted to secure his future with a more secure deal, which he will at West Ham - who get a player who will tear the championship apart. While Newcastle get a decent enough sum for someone who is getting on a bit, and wasn't going to start. Tiote and Cabaye will be their midfield duo and Ben Arfa will most likely play off the striker from what I'm told.

Don't agree with any of that

Nolan could do loads better, there must be 8 midfields in the premier league that he'd improve, all of which would surely offer him 4yr deals and pay newcastle more than £4M

The Toon are riddled with insanity

Nolan is linking back up with Allardyce who has presumably told him he will build the team around him & he gets the security of a 5 yr contract ( According to the Mirror Newcastle offered an extra year to his present 2, no wage increase but a bonus system for top ten finish )

Joey Barton is supposedly their top-paid player on £60k per week so I assume that is simply a financial decision with Ben Arfa available this year & that Gosling lad they stole off Everton fit now.

I think Newcastle have a problem in that they have been so anti-Ashley for so long that he probably doesn't care about the fans now as long as they turn up & is probably playing a medium-term game of paying his loans off with sales like Carroll ( giving Pardew about half of the money to buy ) , and looking to sell the club in a year or two.