You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone else noticed that on the video on the official site the kits the players are wearing has the europa league logo on?

oops!

That's cause it would have been filmed a while back when Europa was still a distant possibility.

3rd shirts are aimed for european away games and the club/manufactures always have to plan for them for a club of our stature.

The shirt wasn't designed a month ago.

The reaction of some people is way over the top. Its not nice, but theres no need to get this worked up over it.
I think there's everything to get worked up about Robbie. If it wasn't for what is slowly becoming an abomination of a club badge, with it's ever decreasing Liverbird, there would be absolutely nothing about that kit that says LFC. It's yet another step towards the club losing identity with the fans and not giving a fuck about, or knowing what matters to us.

The first thing I thought of when I looked at that kit was Man City. We take the piss out of Everton but they'd never allow anything that resembles red on their shirts. Some years ago they even got One2One to remove the red out of their logo before putting it on their shits.

I don't care how many time we may or may not wear it, It's a fucking insult to actually think we'd swallow the line about it being some kit from yesteryear.

I think he makes a good point, actually.

He makes an accurate point but that's because it's merely a statement of the blindingly obvious - we're Liverpool fans on a Liverpoool fans forum discussing a Liverpool kit; of course we'd be less bothered if it was another team's shirt, in fact most of us wouldn't give a toss.

Thing is, it's not another team's shirt and the fact it's our shirt is the only reason for this debate in the first place - hence it's a nonsensical comment. It's like you telling me you were gutted when we lost the CL final in 07 and me saying "yeah but you wouldn't have been as bothered if it was Marseille that lost".

Anyway I'm just jerking SD's chain, I suspect in much the same way he was jerking a few people's chains by posting that in the first place.

That's cause it would have been filmed a while back when Europa was still a distant possibility.

3rd shirts are aimed for european away games and the club/manufactures always have to plan for them for a club of our stature.

The shirt wasn't designed a month ago.

I know just seems a Newcastle esque fuck up!

I think there's everything to get worked up about Robbie. If it wasn't for what is slowly becoming an abomination of a club badge' date=' with it's ever decreasing Liverbird, there would be absolutely nothing about that kit that says LFC. It's yet another step towards the club losing identity with the fans and not giving a fuck about, or knowing what matters to us.

The first thing I thought of when I looked at that kit was Man City. We take the piss out of Everton but they'd never allow anything that resembles red on their shirts. Some years ago they even got One2One to remove the red out of their logo before putting it on their shits.

I don't care how many time we may or may not wear it, It's a fucking insult to actually think we'd swallow the line about it being some kit from yesteryear.[/quote']

This. Fucking embarrassing the hole thing.

I'm not arsed about the kit being blue, but I am arsed about some of the venom being directed by some of those who don't like it demanding heads roll, when we've never had such a hysterical reaction before when there's been blue on the kit that is nearer to royal blue than this one. But then 11 years ago the internet was largely pay as you go so people weren't wasting their lives (me included today I admit) on it all day.

I was on ADSL eleven years ago and I am still wasting my life! Funnily enough the modem we had which looked like some kind of sea creature was also that shade of blue.

Guest davelfc

As a few people have pointed out, the biggest annoyance is that the club thought that we would swallow the 'history' angle.

I've already said I'd be prepared to accept standard chartered having their corporate colours on their name on the shirt on a 3rd kit. After all they're stumping up decent wedges of cash to us. We have to accept that football is a different animal and if we want to compete and get good sponsorship deals then we need to bend over and take it sometimes.

But we must never forget who we are, we're not blue. We don't have this kind of blue on our kits. It just doesn't feel right and no amount of bluff will make it right.

Oh and this isn't some petty 'blue' hatred from me, blue is my favourite colour, I've had a number of blue cars, most of my shirts are blue and I own several blue ties.

But this shirt is an abomination and thankfully I won't be buying one. Some would say I'm too old anyway, some might say I'd be a knobhead for wearing a shirt at my age.

My two daughters hate it, my son he likes it but then he liked the Marseille kit from a few years ago, I'm going to have to beat this out of him.

Guest davelfc
I thought the 'I 8 Mancs' on the back of a shirt was embarassing, that rubbish on that shirt takes the prize for the most retarded shirt print ever.

I've seen that a few times and I cringe when I see it. There should be a law banning that from appearing on the back of a shirt. Maybe with these smart fabrics we'll end up with a shirt that will die of shame if it senses that on the back.

Right, its a white kit with light blue and black trim. We had more blue on our away kits when Reebok made them. And as for the shite not allowing red on their kits, Google their salmon pink number from the 90's.

The home kit is still red, and I actually like the white one, so ffs, get over it!

Guest davelfc

liverpool-third-kit.jpg

Well no matter what we think people will vote with their wallets. It will be interesting to see how many they sell before it's offered really cheap or given away with some other deal.

Love it or hate it, surely that is an individuals decision?

I think there's everything to get worked up about Robbie. If it wasn't for what is slowly becoming an abomination of a club badge' date=' with it's ever decreasing Liverbird, there would be absolutely nothing about that kit that says LFC. It's yet another step towards the club losing identity with the fans and not giving a fuck about, or knowing what matters to us.

I don't care how many time we may or may not wear it, It's a fucking insult to actually think we'd swallow the line about it being some kit from yesteryear.[/quote']

I don't like saying this, but I fully agree. I know we are in a new time and a place where we want to progress on and try and give our new owners the benefit of the doubt, but as the above says, I really think they have shown that they are clueless as to what the fans think and who we are. Surely they have advisors for this type of thing, or even Ayre could have spoken up? And even if Adidas are the ones that design and produce it, surely the club gets a right of veto on reasonable grounds? Such as it’s fucking blue?!

This shirt says more than just been very much the wrong colour, it also says that for all the nice things the new owners can say, they are still just as liable to fall into the trap of not caring about the fans or what our club is about as any other owners are. I think they have made a very big mistake here. The bellends will still buy it of course and you’ll see twats like the one with the “Bye Bye Ronaldo” shirt in the other picture with it as those type of people are clueless also and probably have their Liverpool/Chelsea half and half scarf at home also. But the vast majority who may have bought it, won’t. At least I hope they don’t.

I think this should be highlighted to the owners above, and as dougie mentions also, I think now would be an opportune time to also bring up the club badge and the cluttered joke it has become. We need to get back to a proper sized liverbird and a flame to remember the dead of Hillsborough and Heysel and get a bit of class back.

I’m really disappointed with the owners there. I think they have set back the initial goodwill they created by producing something that spits in our face.

looks like the site was quoted in the Mirror. Hello Mr Maddock :)

Liverpool news Fans outraged at new third kit trimmed in blue the colour of arch rivals Everton - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

ans are less than impressed though.

A poll on Liverpool fans' website The Liverpool Way saw more than 70 per cent express their distaste for the new design, and already supporters are being urged to boycott the kit.

One influential voice suggested the club should withdraw the kit even before it has been put on sale.

"Disgusted. Anyone at Anfield who OK’d this should hang their head in shame," the comment read.

who is this influential voice, haha.

If we must keep some of the clutter on the badge, I would get rid of the totally unnecessary "Est.1892" and replace it with the letters "L.F.C." instead, thus making the Liver bird much more prominent. I would also get rid of any green completely, making the badge red and white only, but make the flame gold to stand out. I remember posting this design in the MF a while back, and I think it is an excellent compromise. As is now being done, I would also colour match it with the kits themselves because it looks much classier.

LFC_red.jpg

As for the kits themselves, the club has released at least 2 new (outfield) kits every year since 2006. Whether it be Adidas (or Warrior, as yet unconfirmed) making them from 2012, I understand it's in the clubs interests to keep selling new shirts to boost revenue. I also understand it's not in the fans' interest because they are so expensive, especially if you are a parent whose kids keep pestering you to buy them a kit.

Providing the prices are lowered substantially, I think the club would sell a lot more kits at a lower price. At the very least, it would make some people think twice about buying fakes from bornprosper etc, if the genuine items were more affordable.

It would make more sense, if the club need 3 kits every year, for the club to do the following:

- release a new home kit every season

- release a new away kit every season

- have the previous season's away kit as the 3rd kit

If we were following this already, the 3rd kit would be the white pinstripe one from last season, and we wouldn't be having this discussion about blue on our kits.

As I say, I'm fully aware that the fans are having to pay a small fortune for kits right now, but I genuinely think there is room to sell kits MUCH cheaper than they are at present, and as a result the club will actually sell MORE kits.

What did people think in 2001 when we won the FA Cup wearing a kit that was mainly blue.

nothing at all, can't remember any backlash about that kit it's why I can't understand some of whats going on now. Roma, Danny Murphys free kick at Old Trafford, Charlton on the last day - some of our greatest memories of the decade were wearing that.