You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

so SC want to give us £80 million and in return we have what is not really a bad looking shirt and its white with a bit of blue which will hardly ever be worn. i dont think thats really a bad deal.

whats that song...i need the dollar, dollar, the dollar is what i need

its all about money these days

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just engaging in some debate, why is it perfectly acceptable for people who don't like the kit to give loads and not have any comment back.

Why is it perfectly acceptable for those who aren't arsed to engage in debate about something they're not arsed about and...... I don't usually enter in to a long debate about something I'm not arsed about as it takes up too much of my ace life. However feel free to continue, I only asked a bloody question, I never said you couldn't waste your life.

so SC want to give us £80 million and in return we have what is not really a bad looking shirt and its white with a bit of blue which will hardly ever be worn. i dont think thats really a bad deal.

whats that song...i need the dollar, dollar, the dollar is what i need

its all about money these days

Thin end of the wedge really. You are unfortunately correct in saying it's all about the money.

Fucking planks have always run football clubs though.

Why is it perfectly acceptable for those who aren't arsed to engage in debate about something they're not arsed about and...... I don't usually enter in to a long debate about something I'm not arsed about as it takes up too much of my ace life. However feel free to continue, I only asked a bloody question, I never said you couldn't waste your life.

I'm not arsed about the kit being blue, but I am arsed about some of the venom being directed by some of those who don't like it demanding heads roll, when we've never had such a hysterical reaction before when there's been blue on the kit that is nearer to royal blue than this one. But then 11 years ago the internet was largely pay as you go so people weren't wasting their lives (me included today I admit) on it all day.

I think you're right, it is all about cash. This shirt will be aimed at overseas new fans who aren't that familiar with the club's history & think that a blue shirt will go better with their jeans. If it sells well, we can expect similar in the future. If it doesn't sell then it will be used as an argument against anyone who's unhappy about Warrior replacing Adidas next year.

For me, blue is a step too far but the thinking fits in with Ayre & FSG's marketing strategies. And in most cases they are very good at bringing extra cash to the club.

You forgot "...and are blue/green colour blind or have serious mental health issues" because if that piece of shit looks better with jeans than the black one does, I'm Duncan Ferguson.

It's a complete bag of dicks.

It's not a bad shirt. If this was any other club's shirt, you'd say it was okay.

Ahahaha, you know if I'd sat down and put some real thought into it, I still couldn't have come up with a post as nonsensical, yet incendiary as that. Truly magnificent.

Guest San Don

We've had far darker blue than this on kits and merchandising so dont understand why some people are indignant. Do they not have a single blue item at home etc? I didnt have a blue car for years but what the fuck, its just a colour and I dont see why the shite should dictate what I have just because 'their' colour is blue.

That said, I cant see this kit being worn that often. Its only for a season so it will only be worn in a game once if its lucky. Think it was designed mainly for european games which we wont have next season.

People dont have to buy it.

It's an awful shirt. Blue should never be part of any Liverpool playing kit. We may have had training tops with deeper blue in them, but they weren't worn on the field of play.

Blue and white are the colours of our most hated city rivals. The one's that call us "murderers" at every given opportunity. I don't want our players taking to the field in their colours.

Whoever at the club sanctioned this need to take a step back and ask themselves what they thought they were doing.

Personally, I hope someone shoplifts the fucking lot and has themselves a bonfire.

Guest ShoePiss
It's an awful shirt. Blue should never be part of any Liverpool playing kit. We may have had training tops with deeper blue in them, but they weren't worn on the field of play.

Blue and white are the colours of our most hated city rivals. The one's that call us "murderers" at every given opportunity. I don't want our players taking to the field in their colours.

Whoever at the club sanctioned this need to take a step back and ask themselves what they thought they were doing.

Personally, I hope someone shoplifts the fucking lot and has themselves a bonfire.

Check out some of the Reebok third kits from 2000-03, not saying it's right but it isn't actually something new.

For me it's not even the worst example of a sponsor having the most influence on a shirt design, those huge 3 stripe efforts from the early 90's were the worst for that.

Guest ShoePiss
It's only a shirt, and a 3rd kit at that.

Fully grown men who wear football shirts are knobheads anyway by and large. Even worse when they have a name and number on the back.

Are you trying to tell me that having 'Stumptown 69' on the back of this shirt is a bad thing? What about 'We 8 Mancs'?

Guest davelfc

Fully grown men who wear football shirts are knobheads anyway by and large. Even worse when they have a name and number on the back.

I'll let you tell Carra and Gerrard.

And a far more vile bunch who wear red spend far much more time singing about us apparentley being murderers amongst other things but that doesn't mean we shouldn't wear red

like I said previously I can understand why people wouldn't want us wearing blue but its a fucking colour at the end of the day and some peoples reactions have been ridiculous