You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If . I also understand it's not in the fans' interest because they are so expensive, especially if you are a parent whose kids keep pestering you to buy them a kit.

Providing the prices are lowered substantially, I think the club would sell a lot more kits at a lower price. At the very least, it would make some people think twice about buying fakes from bornprosper etc, if the genuine items were more affordable.

It would make more sense, if the club need 3 kits every year, for the club to do the following:

- release a new home kit every season

- release a new away kit every season

- have the previous season's away kit as the 3rd kit

If we were following this already, the 3rd kit would be the white pinstripe one from last season, and we wouldn't be having this discussion about blue on our kits.

It's funny I used to look at the kits before I became a father and think fucking hell waste of money etc, but now they're not quite as big a rip off as I thought. A full kit is £60, but I balance that against the fact if I get the three of them he's never out of them, they dry in no time after washing, don't need ironing, and the colour never fades. Compared to how much could be spent on 'normal clothes' that he moans about wearing, take ages to dry, are a sod to iron and can fade easily I sometimes think they're not quite as bad an investment as feared. The problem is when the kids start demanding the name and number on the back and all the shite for the sleeves.

What you said about last seasons away kit becoming the 3rd kit used to happen until about 5 seasons ago didnt it then they got greedy..

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did people think in 2001 when we won the FA Cup wearing a kit that was mainly blue.

Come on coop.

That kit in 2001 was a gold kit with blue add ons. This year the predominant colour of the kit is basically a non-colour, i.e. white. Therefore the blue shines out as the main colour. The 2001 kit was a very bright gold and that is what it is remembered for. If the blue on this new kit was on a main background of black or yellow, then no one would really notice and there would be no complaints, but instead we have a blue and white kit. It's wrong. Very wrong.

Any Liverpool fan who is happy about having blue as a distinguising feature in any of our kits need to go and have long hard think in a small dark room.

I suspect that that club (or whoever agreed to this) will realise very quickly that this was a bad idea.

This, without a doubt, will be the worst selling shirt we have ever brought out and if the fans discent doesn't get their attention fact this most certainly will.

Were we not wearing a shirt with a blue trim when we won the treble as our away kit? With blue shorts and socks, this is navy blue, rather than cyan? In fact I think we had 3 successive away kits with navy blue parts on their shirts, socks and shorts, the green one in 99/00 had a navy blue collar and stripe, the gold one in 00/01 had a blue trim, then in 01/02 we had a blue collar and shoulder IIRC.

Its a nice enough shirt, its just not a Liverpool shirt though. Why couldnt the current away white kit just become the third kit? Money and the sponsors I suppose.

Agree with this. I don't think there's anything wrong with the shirt. That it's our shirt is what's wrong.

You know what, I have slated this shirt but fuck it.

Compared to where we were twelve months ago I couldn't give a shit if we were sponsored by Chang as well.

Great point. Not so long ago I was wishing for the days when the most we could moan about were trivial matters (compared to what went on in the last 3 years); like the colour of the trim on a third shirt or how fast Scouser Tommy should be sung!

Its a nice enough shirt, its just not a Liverpool shirt though. Why couldnt the current away white kit just become the third kit? Money and the sponsors I suppose.
That's it it a nutshell. I look at that shirt and I feel nothing. Probably the last remaining thing I identify the club by is slowly being eroded away. I wonder what the reaction would have been had the previous owners given the go a head for the new shirt.

I cant explain it but the white Liverbird on a plain red shirt still means something to me. Or the red Liverbird on a plain white background. As I've already said the club badge is shite, with the Liverbird becoming a bit of a side show. It needs t be set free from it's cage.

lfcred.jpg

Guest ShoePiss

I'd like to know what consultation was done with the newly formed supporters' committee. I understand designs would have been finalised before that group was established but there was still time before release to gain some feedback.

I thought about posting this in the supporters' committee thread but well you know...

Here's their short and long term aims, this is absolutely part of the scope of the group.

The initial aims

1. To establish a forum for supporters to communicate directly with the Club in a structured manner

2. To help the Club better understand the issues that most affect and concern our fans

3. To give the Club an opportunity to explain the thinking behind key decisions

4. To enable fans to play a key role in helping the Club achieve success on and off the pitch

5. To provide a greater degree of transparency about key issues that affect supporters

The long term aims

1. To enhance the relationship between Liverpool Football Club and our supporters

2. To help ensure fans feel their loyalty is valued by Liverpool Football Club

3. To help improve Liverpool Football Club for the benefit of all supporters

Right, its a white kit with light blue and black trim. We had more blue on our away kits when Reebok made them. And as for the shite not allowing red on their kits, Google their salmon pink number from the 90's.

The home kit is still red, and I actually like the white one, so ffs, get over it!

quite right....we play at anfield... former home of the bitters... should we move because of that?? we played in a similar shirt for 4 years... so whats the problem?? not that i have ever bought shirts but if i did this is "our" shirt...be proud to wear it.....

Isn't the reason they don't do that because it can't be copyrighted in that form. So they have the busier badge as all that jazz can be copyrighted.

Yeah that's right, but if they stylised the Liverbird slightly they could then copyright that. The obstacle is that the Liverbird we use is in the public domain.

We had blue on our gold kit back in 2001.

Yes, on our GOLD kit. I.e. The dominant colour was GOLD.

This is a blue and white kit. White is not a colour, but is a shade. Or an absense of colour if you want. Therefore blue is the colour that sticks out. Fucking blue!

I can't get my head around any Liverpool fan not having an issue with this, I really can't

Did Ayres have to give this the okay. I mean FFS it could of been pretty much any other colour. It's not Liverpool and whoevers decision it was should go on LFCtv and take phone calls and justify it. I'd like the young lad who sounds like he's on crystal meth who rings up regularly to vent his spleen.

Yes, on our GOLD kit. I.e. The dominant colour was GOLD.

This is a blue and white kit. White is not a colour, but is a shade. Or an absense of colour if you want. Therefore blue is the colour that sticks out. Fucking blue!

I can't get my head around any Liverpool fan not having an issue with this, I really can't

I can't get my head around white not being a colour to be honest with you!