You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4th place)

If Harry fails to get CL qualification then he should be under pressure for me. With us and City coming up and improving fast they cannot afford to let either us back in ahead of them, Harry has never had pressure like this lets see how he deals with the expectations as he gets an easy time for me while he finds it easy to criticise better managers.

They'd never played in the CL before Redknapp managed them

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'd never played in the CL before Redknapp managed them

I know but the expectation from their fans and media once they did play in it is either to conclude they have gone backwards under Harry or that others have improved faster. It must scare them people when they look at us and City, us cos of form and city because of wealth.

All those years now from Jol and Commoli, all those years now going to waste.......

Edited by dennis tooth

I know but the expectation from their fans and media once they did play in it is either to conclude they have gone backwards under Harry or that others have improved faster. It must scare them people when they look at us and City, us cos of form and city because of wealth.

Well, Arry has already started getting his (valid) excuses in about managing expectations.

Shitty will spunk another few hundred million in Summer, and Liverpool will also spend, and have the Dalglish factor.

He knows how tough it's going to get, and one would have to agree that next season United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Shitty, and Liverpool will all be considered favourites to finish in the Top 4 places over Spurs, unless they get another tranche of huge investment and keep all of their top players. Which seems unlikely

Guest TK-421

I agree with Tooth. Sack Redknapp, he's a spent force at Spurs. Get some fancy foreigner in who may have a clue about balance between attack & defence.

City has been absolute kack.

I think I might get a sneaky bet on for Saturday on Stoke. Not sure if City's got another gear, they will get far more competition from Jones and Walters for headers in the box than Spurs have given them, that's for sure!

Guest TK-421
Not saying sack Redknapp just saying many Spurs fans will be thinking that way. I wouldn't say it as they would struggle to get any better. It's all good, let them fight themselves we'll be fighting for top 3 next season anyway not top 4 so I'm not worried about what they do.

Ah right. Didn't mean to misrepresent you there.

I'd sack him, though. They've conceded 45 goals, way too many. As it stands their goal difference is +6. To me, it suggests the balance is all wrong or Harry neglects the defensive side of the game too much.

What do you mean?

For the hundreds of millions they have spent there is a massive lack of cohesion and balance in their squad.

You could have of course avoided this problem by actually appointing a decent manager and not just signing mercenaries.

But for the amount of money spent they are a million miles away from the 'team' they should be.