You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4th place)

Dare we believe??? If Tottenham win tomorrow and preferably by 2 goals, then can we seriously think about the 4th place? If we then beat Spuds at the weekend whilst City play in the Cup final, the pressure will be on. If they can't then beat Stoke on the following tuesday, it will make for a nervy final day with them away at Bolton.

It must be a 10/1 shot, but who knows.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 4th spot went when Man City won at Blackburn. If they had dropped points there then I'd be confident but not now.

I'm just thankful we're in this position instead of a relegation battle under Roy. If we finish 5th then it's a bonus from where we were.

Lads city have to play stoke after the final so if stoke lose the final all they need to do is roll over and hand city the win to make sure city finish 4th so stoke will get the europa league place as runners up in the fa cup. Cant see city fuckin it up now and we.ve also a tough trip to villa last day. Tis a pity as another 4or5 games and i think we could've nicked it

City might not fuck it up, but I'm sick of seeing people saying Stoke will throw their game. I can just imagine that, against the team that's just beat you a few days ago to ruin your FA Cup dreams. Aye right. They'll be out for revenge if City win!

Lads city have to play stoke after the final so if stoke lose the final all they need to do is roll over and hand city the win to make sure city finish 4th so stoke will get the europa league place as runners up in the fa cup. Cant see city fuckin it up now and we.ve also a tough trip to villa last day. Tis a pity as another 4or5 games and i think we could've nicked it

Or maybe Stoke will beat City twice? It's not unthinkable on current form, is it? About time Pennant did something useful for us too.

And lads, please use the already excisting and quite spectacularly good "4th place" thread when commenting on the topic:P

Can that happen, yeah? If it can and City win on Saturday and that leaves Stoke needing City to get fourth to get into Europe, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Pulis plays a weakened team.

But City have Bolton away last game of the season and I'd fancy Bolton to get at least a point there. So we need to win both and City to lose one and draw two. Asking for a lot but we may still believe until they finally win again.

It would be great going into the last game of the season still having a chance.

Or maybe Stoke will beat City twice? It's not unthinkable on current form, is it? About time Pennant did something useful for us too.

And lads, please use the already excisting and quite spectacularly good "4th place" thread when commenting on the topic:P

I understand that, but tomorrow's game is worth a thread of its own.

Dare we believe??? If Tottenham win tomorrow and preferably by 2 goals, then can we seriously think about the 4th place?

No.

2 weeks ago we were 4 points behind City. Nothing has changed in relation to them since then. They will get the points they need. We just have to focus on keeping Spurs hands off our European place, hopefully that will be sorted out come Sunday evening, and we can play with no pressure at Villa.

I'd be optimistic if it wasn't the case of Stoke (more than likely) needing city to be in the champions league to gain European qualification.

Ok, maybe there professionalism will stop them completely bending over and openly getting bummed. But mentally I can't imagine the players having the heart to beat them, considering the "riches" on the table for a club of stokes size - regardless of any revenge.

Guest TK-421

I agree, truered23.

The Stoke City board of directors won't have any desire for revenge or professional pride. Pullis will have every excuse to field a weakened team, the FA Cup being the obvious priority for them.

Draw would be best tomorrow night.

The best scenario on Saturday, then, is Stoke win the Cup. And I'd like that anyway.

Then they can get a result at a crestfallen, bottle-lacking City next midweek.

Entirely within the realms all this (,provided we do our bit).

Game on.