You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Song for Kuyt

johnno1970

Dirk needs a song, how about this one to the tune of "Break out" by Swing out Sister. Any hope that this could be bellowed out by the Kop?

Dirk Kuyts his name,

He's got an engine like a choo-choo train,

Up and down the wing,

He does it for the king,

Dirk Kuyt.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirk needs a song, how about this one to the tune of "Break out" by Swing out Sister. Any hope that this could be bellowed out by the Kop?

Dirk Kuyts his name,

Up and down the wing,

He does it for the king,

Dirk Kuyt.

The choo choo train bit lost it for me, sorry

Guest TK-421

Dirk Kuyt of Liverpool FC

He's the king of the penalty

Shoots to the right

Shoots to the left

Sadly his touch isn't always deft

to the tune of 'SHOUT' by Tears For Fears....

I can start it cos i'm an ideas kinda guy, but someone will have to kick on and refine it..sorry ....

"Kuyt Kuyt let it all out

These are the goals that I'm singin' about...

Dirk Kuyt...I'm talking 'bout you..Dirk Kuyt....

I always liked the re-hash of the Emlyn Hughes chant.

Come on within, come on without, you aint seen nothin like the mighty Dirk Kuyt.

I seem to recall Dirk saying he'd rather not have the Emlyn song, because he hadn't earned it.

Mind you, that was a few years ago...

When everyong pronounces your name differently, it's going to be a struggle to get a chant going.

True.

For the record, the man himself has confirmed it rhymes with "Shout" - so the Bee Gees and Beastie Boys ones are non-starters (which is fine by me).

P.S.

Just as I was writing this, IronSpy (lurker of this parish) was reading some nature news on the BBC text and she said "Hmm... Red Kite seems to be having a bit of a comeback." I corrected her.

Dirk Kuyts his name,

Up and down the wing,

He does it for the king,

Dirk Kuyt.

"He's got an engine like a Lime Sreet train"

There, fixed, has to be sung now! No excuses.