You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Biden's convention speech pissed all over Trumps.

So he can read aloud. Great. We're talking about debating and being able to answer questions on his feet. If you want to pretend he's not a liability in that department, despite a shitload of evidence to the contrary, you go right ahead.

• Upvote 1

Well we will see soon enough won't we. My guess is he will be able to give direct answers to any questions, and Trump will not. Cuz there is a huge shitload of evidence on that.

There are clips of him stammering. There are clips of him looking a little lost.

What you won't find are clips of him calling anything and everything a hoax. He very seldom utters the words "Fake news."

You won't find any clips of him peddling conspiracy theories so wild even Fox (or in his case CNN) has to back off from them.

You won't find clips of his personal lawyer going to prison.

So, swings and roundabouts eh.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well we will see soon enough won't we. My guess is he will be able to give direct answers to any questions, and Trump will not. Cuz there is a huge shitload of evidence on that.

There are clips of him stammering. There are clips of him looking a little lost.

What you won't find are clips of him calling anything and everything a hoax. He very seldom utters the words "Fake news."

You won't find any clips of him peddling conspiracy theories so wild even Fox (or in his case CNN) has to back off from them.

You won't find clips of his personal lawyer going to prison.

So, swings and roundabouts eh.

Yes, and that's been a real problem for him so far, hasn't it. I'm sure we're just one Trump lie or outrageous statement away from his support collapsing and Biden riding away to victory.

5 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yes, and that's been a real problem for him so far, hasn't it. I'm sure we're just one Trump lie or outrageous statement away from his support collapsing and Biden riding away to victory.

I think the post was about Biden's ability to answer questions. My opinion is that will not be a problem.

Trump's support doesn't care what either of them say.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think the post was about Biden's ability to answer questions. My opinion is that will not be a problem.

Trump's support doesn't care what either of them say.

Yes but you were using Trump's inability to not answer them straightly as your argu... oh never mind. And all the "positive" stuff you listed, there, Howie, applies to all the other Democratic nominees, too. Saying his lawyer hasn't been to prison is a bit like saying he's in favour of breathing.

Just now, Duff Man said:

Yes but you were using Trump's inability to no answer them straightly as your argu... oh never mind. And all the "positive" stuff you listed, there, Howie, applies to all the other Democratic nominees, too. Saying his lawyer hasn't been to prison is a bit like saying he's in favour of breathing.

I wasn't making any argument. You were - that Biden will struggle to answer questions in a debate. I just don't think that will be the case personally.

Well aware of Biden's limitations and baggage - that said, there are no other Democratic nominees. There is only one.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

I wasn't making any argument. You were - that Biden will struggle to answer questions in a debate. I just don't think that will be the case personally.

Well aware of Biden's limitations and baggage - that said, there are no other Democratic nominees. There is only one.

"I wasn't making an argument, I was just countering your argument with some stuff, but it definitely wasn't an argument."

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I wasn't impressed with Biden during the democratic debates, as they went on his strategy appeared to be to say as little bad possible and hope not to be asked. Can't do that with only two people in a debate.

@Scooby Dudek

I agree that the only thing they didn't want him to do was fall flat on his face. literally or figuratively.

That said there were way too many debates and they included far too many candidates.

Put together with the fact Elizabeth Warren really likes to hear herself talk and throw in a couple of other folks who are actually very adept at debating and it probably paid off keeping his head down.

Any of Klobuchar, Harris or Mayor Pete are far better at it.

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

The mad bastard has been raving about dangerous weapons used by leftie protesters - cans of soup. Easier to throw than bricks.

Not a dickie bird about the assault rifles his supporters have.

Probably tins of Brickoli soup.  Very very dangerous , everyone knows this right .