You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

King Kenny quote?

cartman

I'm going to take a tattoo, and I thought about taking the line King Kenny said about Glen Johnson. It was something like

"The only player I've seen get past him since I arrived, is me on training".

Does anyone know exactly what he said?

It's gonna be the quote and with a "-King 7" on my left under arm

How about some of these instead

BILL SHANKLY

“We murdered them 0-0.”

“When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along.”

“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”

“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

“If you can’t make decisions in life, you’re a bloody menace. You’d be better becoming an MP!”

“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe that you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”

“The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don’t know the game.”

“If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I’d pull the curtains.”

“Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

“He couldn’t play anyway. I only wanted him for the reserve team!” Bill Shankly upon hearing Celtic’s Lou Macari had snubbed Liverpool in favour of a move to Manchester United.”

“I don’t believe everything Bill tells me about his players. Had they been that good, they’d not only have won the European Cup but the Ryder Cup, the Boat Race and even the Grand National!” Celtic manager Jock Stein on Bill Shankly

“Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn’t arrived yet.” Bill Shankly to the awaiting TV crews and journalists for the press conference to announce he was retiring from football

“Of course I didn’t take my wife to see Rochdale as an anniversary present, it was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves.”

“Son, you’ll do well here as long as you remember two things. Don’t over-eat and don’t lose your accent.” Bill Shankly to Ian St John

“Don’t worry Alan. At least you’ll be able to play close to a great team!” Bill Shankly to Alan Ball after he signed for Everton

“It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for, and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against.” Bill Shankly about the ‘This is Anfield’ plaque

“Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son.” Bill Shankly to Kevin Keegan

“Ay, here we are with problems at the top of the league.” Bill Shankly suggesting to a journalist that Liverpool were in difficulties

“Yes Roger Hunt misses a few, but he gets in the right place to miss them.” Bill Shankly to a reporter

“The difference between Everton and the Queen Mary is that Everton carry more passengers!” Bill Shankly

On awaiting Everton’s arrival for a derby game at Anfield, Bill Shankly gave a box of toilet rolls to the doorman and said: “Give them these when they arrive – they’ll need them!”

“At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques”. Bill Shankly on boardroom meetings

“I’m just one of the people who stands on the kop. They think the same as I do, and I think the same as they do. It’s a kind of marriage of people who like each other.” Bill Shankly on the fans

“If he isn’t named Footballer of the Year, football should be stopped and the men who picked any other player should be sent to the Kremlin” Bill Shankly on Tommy Smith

“It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman. It was like walking to the electric chair. That’s the way it felt.” Bill Shankly on the leaving of Liverpool

“Take that bandage off. And what do you mean about YOUR knee? It’s Liverpool’s knee!” Bill Shankly to Tommy Smith, who had a bandage on his injured knee

“Ladies and Gentlemen, yesterday at Wembley we might have lost the Cup but you the Liverpool people have won everything. You have won the admiration of the policemen in London and you have won the admiration of the public in London.” Bill Shankly after losing the FA Cup in 1971 to Arsenal

To Tommy Lawrence after he let the ball go through his legs and into the goal.

Lawrence “Sorry boss I should have kept my legs closed”

Shankly “Don’t worry Son its not your fault, it was your Mother who should have kept her legs closed”

BOB PAISLEY

“I just hoped that after the trials and tribulations of my early years in management, someone up high would smile on me and guide my hand. My plea was answered when we got Kenny Dalglish. What a player, what a great professional!”

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

“Mind you, I’ve been here during the bad times too – one year we came second.”

I'm going to take a tattoo, and I thought about taking the line King Kenny said about Glen Johnson. It was something like

What? Really?

What?

You may as well tattoo "I Am An Idiot" onto your face.

If you haven't already.

My favourite Shankly quote....

"Since I've come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I've drummed it into our players time and again that they're privileged to play for you! If they didn't believe me, they believe me now."

Good idea! On a similar tip, can anyone help me with the exact quote from Phil Babb as testicles met goal post? My recollection is "Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhnnnnnnnnggggghhhhhhaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhhhhh", but I really want to make sure I make my tribute to such a legendary moment of Liverpool Football Club as accurate as possible.

Excellent. We have now successfully turned this into a debate about the worst possible LFC quote that you could choose to tattoo onto your arm.

"Robbie was pretending to be a cow eating grass"

Gerard Houllier 1999

You could even choose to have it done in a gothic-type font that you will mistakenly believe adds gravitas and a touch of class.

My favourite Shankly quote....

"Since I've come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I've drummed it into our players time and again that they're privileged to play for you! If they didn't believe me, they believe me now."

You'll need arms like Peter Crouch to get that done.

How about "10 games from greatness".

Seeing as we are going with random quotes, I just typed "Kenny Dalglish said" into google and it came up with this gem, well worth a tattoo:

"I don't know when Steven will be back. I've got to look at what the damage is, the same with Glen Johnson and Daniel."

Ignore what these haters are saying. Get it done. And in comic sans font. Will look good. Then post pictures up here.