You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I can't get my head around a Liverpool fan not being arsed when Everton finish above us. Odd.

As I said they wont get in top 4 and if we dont we will have failed so I will be disapointed enough without careing about if everton have got 5th ahead of us.

Everton fans are the ones who measure there success by how close they are to liverpool, I only look at liverpools goals and for me everton are not our rivals for top 4 or eventually premiership so its really insignificant to me where they finish around midtable.

• Upvote 1

In 2009, the series followed the school as it made a field trip to London visiting Chelsea's Stamford Bridge ground. Lukaku said at the time “What a stadium. If one day in my life I will cry, it will be the day I play here. I love Chelsea."

I've known a number of professional footballers make a similar remark after visiting Goodison.

• Upvote 1

They don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's impossible for many of them to enjoy their own good form if we are doing well

This is one of the symptoms of the blue disease. They can't enjoy a win if we win. They're doing so well but it's causing a big twisted knot in their guts that we are too.

I chuckle when they lose like i Suspect we all do but I don't make myself ill thinking about them.

You should always want Everton to be mid table non entities or in a relegation battle. To finish above us two seasons in a row was a disgrace considering all the money we have spent the last few years in comparison to them. Add the fact that Evertonians act like they have won the Champions League if they beat us never mind finish above us.

Had a lovely conversation with an Evertonian yesterday who couldn't bear me talking about the Spurs game for more than 5 minutes. Asked why I never went and I said there are only 2500 tickets and they normally go to season ticket holders only. He then stated that it was a typical Kopites excuse that they can never get tickets and the waiting list is just a myth created by lazy Kopites who can't be arsed supporting their team.

I said that any Evertonian can walk up on the day and get a ticket or even apply for a season ticket so stop pretending that you are being a big superfan by going the game when it is a piece of piss and you don't spend hours in the phone or a website . He said that they have sold out every game apart from the Fulham game because they have shit fans and didn't take up their allocation.

Went out on my dinner and a cab pulled up by the lights when I was crossing the road. Big advertisement on the side of the cab "get that someone special a fantastic Christmas present - a half season ticket, phone the EFC box office now".

Anyone who says they don't mind Everton obviously doesn't have to put up with the monotonous obsessive behaviour of their supporters who would rather see us lose than their own team win. In 2009 Everton were in the FA Cup Final and I said to some blueshite whether they would take a guaranteed FA Cup win if we won the league as well - "fuck off, no chance, no way". Yep, they would rather lose in an FA Cup Final rather than us win the league.

• Upvote 2

I dont live in liverpool and I get why fans there would not like them more while fans in london will know what cunts arsenal and spurs fans are and how much they disrespect liverpool.I still dont like them however I was mainly saying I dont mind how they do as I do not see them as serious rivals for us in terms of the goals we have set and them taking points off teams like arse and united is helping us.

I was much more pissed last season with the fact that we had finished 7th or whatever, finishing below everton and other rivals was another blow but our position in league hurt most.

As I said they wont get in top 4 and if we dont we will have failed so I will be disapointed enough without careing about if everton have got 5th ahead of us.

Everton fans are the ones who measure there success by how close they are to liverpool, I only look at liverpools goals and for me everton are not our rivals for top 4 or eventually premiership so its really insignificant to me where they finish around midtable.

Exactly.

It's not that I "don't mind Everton" or anything like that, it's just that they are a relatively small club and if we're struggling to the point that they are rivals then I'm more upset about that than I am the fact that they finished above us.

If they were to be the team to pip us to fourth that would be a different story, but if we're already down in sixth and they move ahead of us to see us end seventh (like last season), I'm already so upset about being in sixth that I don't really care much.  Sixth or seventh - the only teams that should be caring much about one or the other are Newcastle, Villa, or Everton.  For Liverpool, either one is a failure and as such there isn't much difference between them.

• Upvote 2

I dont live in liverpool and I get why fans there would not like them more while fans in london will know what cunts arsenal and spurs fans are and how much they disrespect liverpool.I still dont like them however I was mainly saying I dont mind how they do as I do not see them as serious rivals for us in terms of the goals we have set and them taking points off teams like arse and united is helping us.

I was much more pissed last season with the fact that we had finished 7th or whatever, finishing below everton and other rivals was another blow but our position in league hurt most.

our goal should always be to beat those horrible shit cunts. in everything. i get upset if our youth team loses to them in the liverpool senior cup or something. they may not be rivals for winning the league, but they will always be our rivals no matter where they are in the table or what division either of us may one day play in.

football is built on this type of rivalry that last centuries rather than the depth of an oligarchs pocket. the same is true about those gobshites from salford too.

• Upvote 7

Exactly.

It's not that I "don't mind Everton" or anything like that, it's just that they are a relatively small club and if we're struggling to the point that they are rivals then I'm more upset about that than I am the fact that they finished above us.

If they were to be the team to pip us to fourth that would be a different story, but if we're already down in sixth and they move ahead of us to see us end seventh (like last season), I'm already so upset about being in sixth that I don't really care much.  Sixth or seventh - the only teams that should be caring much about one or the other are Newcastle, Villa, or Everton.  For Liverpool, either one is a failure and as such there isn't much difference between them.

exactly how I feel about it

Used to love seeing the Echo Pink on a saturday night with the dancing kopite and the arl granny holding the spike or whatever it was 

The spike was meant to represent a draw. If the reds won the kopite would be dancing, if they lost he would be sunk in gloomy contemplation and the same for the Toffee Lady.

Gattuso being investigated for match fixing in Serie A between 2010 - 2011.....

Grand Old Team automatically claims that he must have deliberately conceded THAT penalty in Istanbul in 2005. FIVE whole years earlier.....

so when they've been going on about Stevie diving for the last 8 years........

• Upvote 2

The spike was meant to represent a draw. If the reds won the kopite would be dancing, if they lost he would be sunk in gloomy contemplation and the same for the Toffee Lady.

aah was it. yeah your probably right actually

glad we saw more of the happy kopite than that piss smelling old hag 

The way Martinez has drilled his philosophy so quickly into Everton will give Rodgers some impetus to drive us forward and yesterday we saw the Rodgerseses way, a decent Everton team can only be a good thing to motivate us forward.

I don't believe that for an instant.

Do you imagine that anyone within Anfield needs any further "impetus"?  And do you think anything that that shower of nonentities do has any special significance?

Rodgers' job is to overhaul all the teams above us.  This season, I can see us finishing above Spurs, United and the Blueshite, with no additional "impetus".  The only question is whether we can kick on to reel in Arsenal, Chelsea and Citeh.

• Upvote 3

If you're not from - or have no connections to - the city, Everton are just another rival finishing above us. Galling. But no more galling than Arsenal or Spurs.

Global fanbase ahoy.

I thought his point was the one thing that matters more than anything else is where Liverpool finish.  And he's right.

We've been disappointing in the last 4 seasons and that's pissed me off.  But in that time, I can honestly say I couldn't confidently tell you which seasons Everton finished above us.  I just don't care about them enough.

And before you dismiss me as some OOT/Wool/"global fanbase" or whatever... check the name!

• Upvote 3

I thought his point was the one thing that matters more than anything else is where Liverpool finish.  And he's right.

We've been disappointing in the last 4 seasons and that's pissed me off.  But in that time, I can honestly say I couldn't confidently tell you which seasons Everton finished above us.  I just don't care about them enough.

And before you dismiss me as some OOT/Wool/"global fanbase" or whatever... check the name!

Why would I dismiss you as anything?

I think you are responding to the wrong post(er).

haha, yeah, it always cheered my night after a good win - when the girl used to come into the cabbage with the pink and had that miserable toffee twat at the top.

Remember it well...the kopite dancing a jig wearing a rosette and having a big scarf in his hand which would be nearly flying above his head....that was usually accompanied by the hatchet faced toffee witch who had little round glasses perched near the edge of her nose, close to which would be the big hankie she'd be holding whilst airborne tears were spraying from her eyes.

Occasionally she'd be holding a drawing pin(?) when the kopite had the drawing pin he'd be looking at it with a "what the fuck is this" expression on his face.

• Upvote 1