You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

A couple of posts taken from Blue moon about our bloo chums after the game last night !

"All these deluded evertonians that come on here and try to play holier than thou with us on the spending money front, would do well to remember that when super rich Littlewoods Pools founder Sir John Moores took over at Everton money was no object and they were known as the ’Mersey Millionaires’ breaking the british transfer record on bob Latchford and lashing out on umpteen others in an attempt to buy success and overtake their more successful neighbours.

Bill Shankly said that Everton ‘may well be the millionaires, but Liverpool are the people’s club’.

Everton fans = even more hypocrites.

There is nothing new in football."

And this .

"Well said,Balti.

Everton fans seem to live in a perpetual state of moral outrage at the moment...as if the rest of us footballing charlatans owe them some sort of debt of gratitude....for harking back to "better" times and reminding us all that only they actually represent the last bastion of what supporting a "real" football club used to mean......all piously self-procalimed and monotonously repeated to anyone that will listen,and always delivered with a pompous sermon about their "glorious history"....as if no other club has existed,or their achievements somehow pale into insignificance."

Down to a tee .

That last bit is brilliant, they really do think that they are a unique and proper club. Spoke to one a few weeks ago about West Ham and he was saying "I like them, they are a proper football club, they are a traditional club who do everything the right way". This fella absolutely despises the Tories and I just said "oh I thought you'd hate them with that Tory twat Karren Brady on the board who voted against tax credits , the dildo barons and getting a stadium funded by the taxpayer". No response.

But they really do think they are the moral guardians of football and sneer at anything modern, or in other words passes them by and makes them more irrelevant. But never mind they can always tell everyone about how Dixie Dean scored 60 in a season and Howard Kendall assembled the best ever side in English football history on a shoestring budget.

I would not be to hard on evertonians for thier boycotts. I would never buy Sharp stuff and cancelled my O2 contract.

I have even banned my kids from getting vodaphone a few years ago. Sure to was Manu can't remember.

Good on Everton. Proper club, shite as they are and I hope they get mullered.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if this hasn't already been posted but it's a wonderful piece of neutral, balanced, dispassionate journalism, particularly the first eight or nine paragraphs.

Someone should contact Kirkbride just to make sure he hasn't fucking well offed himself.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-3-1-everton-10799978

I'm not sure if this hasn't already been posted but it's a wonderful piece of neutral, balanced, dispassionate journalism, particularly the first eight or nine paragraphs.

Someone should contact Kirkbride just to make sure he hasn't fucking well offed himself.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-3-1-everton-10799978

Has someone photoshopped that face on Robles?

JS81319243.jpg

Textbook example of cognitive dissonance: How could such a 'talented' side not advance?

Well, maybe you're not so fucking talented, or maybe you just bottled it - again-. Self pitying bitter bullshit at its best.

I love the undercurrent of the article - Man City were better and had loads of chances and hit the post loads but "maybe it'll be Everton's night". If that's what you're pinning your hopes on then I'd give it up. Tactics and goals win a football match, not a wish and a prayer.

"i read it again-do you mean the bits in bold? and EFC arent the only ones to lose by referees `in favour` of LFC. we all know the 2005 champions league was a con job, even kopites admit that they were pathetic in those european games. so what do you think will happen, LFC are stripped of their `wins` like lance armstrong in cycling? eufa rigged those matches so that aint going to happen."

Glorious. I almost wish that were true

It's funny how they're always so nailed on to win through superior ability, bravery and performance, obviously against all the odds and with every last card luckily stacked in the hand of their morally inferior opponents, yet being on the wrong end of commonplace decisions within football means the game is inevitably lost straight away time after time.

There must be a reason we've had these go against us. These arn't just your standard 'should have been penalties or free kicks'. Some of them are referee's cheating in favour of The RS. Graham Poll admitted he blew the whistle so the RS wouldnt lose, that ref where the linesmen are on record saying the ref was asking what he could say he dissallowed the goal for, and of course we all know about Clattenburg and how he hasnt reffed at GP since.

Defo has to have been something going on. It hasnt happened in reverse. OK we've had a few lucky decisions in derbies (of course no where near the amount they have, but still) but nothings happened where you could legitimatly point the finger and say 'somethings going on here'.

The best was when Stevie got sent off inside 20 minutes and they celebrated like they'd won something, then Neville scored the perfect comedy own goal on half-time.

So many to choose from but that was a cracker. The look on Moyes's face used to sum it up just right.

• Upvote 2

To be fair, that Westerveld howler was out of order on them. I'd still be livid if that had happened to us.

I was in the Gladys Street end for that one, sat with my blue mate. I'd kept quiet all game and when Sander done that they were all going nuts. One blue turned to me thinking I was one of them kicking off, and I was laughing back and agreeing. Then my blue mate decided to tell them all I was a red and the fewwwwmmmm was immense. I just stood there pissing myself telling them it was a nailed on goal but thanks for the point.
  • Upvote 1