You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Funny thing is if it happens and they pump money into the January market like most inners do they'll be back in the cycle of winning the transfer market,survival and then it turning to shit with smaller and smaller budgets

Can they invest though? Wouldn’t ffp kind of prevent that?

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Most new owners find a way around it. They'd just use longer contracts. Nobody is going to invest in buying a club if they aren't allowed to spend

Not sure these 777 guys have that much dosh to invest. I read somewhere their net value is about $15 mill . 

Lifted this bollocks from their website. Blues will have to get by on a diet of verbal diarrhea , debt and asset stripping from their new owners . 

777 has acquired an unrivaled portfolio of marquee football and basketball clubs around the world; operated under a disciplined, data-driven philosophy and accelerated by technology to become one of the most exciting media and entertainment brands in the world.

Through our vertically integrated model, our sports clubs unlock instant access to a scalable, multi-club platform to bolster their athletic strategy, marketing initiatives, asset financing, data analytics, content creation and distribution, and operational expertise.

From: Running the business gets in the way of GROWING the business

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Some of them have already convinced themselves Genoa players will be sold to them for a pittance.

They might, more money in keeping Everton up. But also not sure a 30 year old Strootman or 33 year old Badelj will make much of a difference. They've 2 of their 3 games and I saw the win vs Lazio and they were lucky to get a piint

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Not sure these 777 guys have that much dosh to invest. I read somewhere their net value is about $15 mill . 

Lifted this bollocks from their website. Blues will have to get by on a diet of verbal diarrhea , debt and asset stripping from their new owners . 

777 has acquired an unrivaled portfolio of marquee football and basketball clubs around the world; operated under a disciplined, data-driven philosophy and accelerated by technology to become one of the most exciting media and entertainment brands in the world.

Through our vertically integrated model, our sports clubs unlock instant access to a scalable, multi-club platform to bolster their athletic strategy, marketing initiatives, asset financing, data analytics, content creation and distribution, and operational expertise.

brian-bollocks.gif

15 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Have any of the multi-club owners actually got any kind of sporting advantage from it? These 777 lads certainly don't appear to have, neither have Watford really.

There maybe some tangible cost benefits of sharing costs and the analytical side of sporting data, admin, feeding players etc,

that may work to and advantage for non profit oriented (sports washing enterprises) but it seems these are employed by the predator types more for lowering operating costs or profit raising (read shyster siphoning).

Shame Everton appear to have got the latter  

insert Windsor Davies GIF

IMG_4329.gif

11 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Have any of the multi-club owners actually got any kind of sporting advantage from it? These 777 lads certainly don't appear to have, neither have Watford really.

Lyon have supposedly being fucking around with it. Couldn't spend themselves so had another of the clubs buy a player then loan him straight to Lyon. Its the same guy that partly owns Palace and Molenbeek in Belgium. Molenbeek paid 25ml for Ernest Nuamah from a team in Norway and then loaned him straight out to Lyon with the option to buy him for 25ml next year. Its a blatant loophole around FFP/Transfer bans etc

Chelsea are doing it with Strasbourg sending players there to park them while they are not ready for Chelsea etc to stop other clubs getting them. 

City was a bit different but talk was during the football leaks that all teams in the 'City group' pay Man City money for advice on transfers,training etc and it runs through cities accounts as income. It was only a few million here and there but just more bollocks on the accounts

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

That cuckoo clock might get valued at £200 on Antiques Roadshow.

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

That cuckoo clock might get valued at £200 on Antiques Roadshow.

"Sadly, this is a vastly inferior facsimile and hasn't been kept in the best of conditions, but I bet you'd like to know what it's worth?"

*greed intensifies* "Yes, please!"

"At auction, I expect this to realise £19.95"

*riots*

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

A lot of words to say absolutely fuck all.

9 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I'm sure if it was, then we'd show the same amount of support to our Blue brothers as we received during those benighted years...

One blue said to me "surely you would miss the Derby if we went bust and it would be bad for the city?"

Then I remembered how hilarious he thought it was when Barry Grant was on his yacht making protest videos and hoping der redshite went out of existence. 

Nope. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

That's one of the best pieces of copy I have ever read.  Phenomenal.

"unlock instant access to a scalable, multi-club platform" is the pick of the bunch.

I didn't believe it was real, so Googled it.  It is real.  I don't know if that non-sensical cartoon graphic is though?

Anyway, when I did Google it, I found that 777 own Beatport, the digital platform of choice for dance DJs.

So it's very possible that when Bramley Moore finally runs out of funding, it can be re-purposed into a massive open air rave venue.

Literally dancing on the grave of Everton FC.  The stuff that digital dreams are made of...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

Can someone explain how it'll bad for the city?

Surely the 'we go the game', more fans in tbe city lot won't abandon the team and not go because they're in the Championship. Not like the away fans won't travel in the same numbers for away games at Everton,hell they'll even be 4 more home games a year for them. Not like they play in Europe anyway. 

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Lyon have supposedly being fucking around with it. Couldn't spend themselves so had another of the clubs buy a player then loan him straight to Lyon. Its the same guy that partly owns Palace and Molenbeek in Belgium. Molenbeek paid 25ml for Ernest Nuamah from a team in Norway and then loaned him straight out to Lyon with the option to buy him for 25ml next year. Its a blatant loophole around FFP/Transfer bans etc

Chelsea are doing it with Strasbourg sending players there to park them while they are not ready for Chelsea etc to stop other clubs getting them. 

City was a bit different but talk was during the football leaks that all teams in the 'City group' pay Man City money for advice on transfers,training etc and it runs through cities accounts as income. It was only a few million here and there but just more bollocks on the accounts

Given the margins on City's title wins the group providing enough dough for one senior players wages has probably got them over the line a couple of times.

That's of course ignoring their massively over inflated sponsorship deals and off the books payments which are another basis for their success.