You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

59 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

I reckon the owners take a hefty sum in "wages". That's their hidden profit. The we don't take money out of the club line is pure bullshit. Everyone around us spends like there is no tomorrow and we don't have a dime. Something is utter bullshit, and they are probably skimming from the top.

They can't do that. Director's salaries are itemised separately (from the 310m) as per the image above from my post to trumo. They specify in the accounts the highest earning director as well, I can't remember what it was now, but somewhere between 1-2m. 

Edit... And it would also be shit on the test of fsg if they did that. There's about 17 investors the last I saw recorded in fsg. Taking money to a small number of investors who fill those director positions would seem to be something against the interests of the other investor. 

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

This thread is now on page 1995

53 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

We're on page 1995 - ironically the last time Everton won a trophy. 

Is there a way for us to keep it there for at least 25 years? Maybe start a new thread....

13 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Evertonians always moan about us being spawny but they've avoided relegation a few times, the years that they are completely shite there's always 3 more appalling sides than them who tale up the relegation spots. Whenever they sack a manager they have a mini run just after it to make themselves safe. 

I don’t dispute that they’ve had a number of close shaves, but it’s been a few years since Everton have been in relegation trouble deep into the new year. 

Their bigger problem has been panicking about relegation as soon as they have hit a bad run of form, and so cut loose the likes of Koeman or Silva. Both managers were brought in with the promise of being backed with both time and money - only giving them the latter, and then spending even more money to pay their contracts whilst a new guy comes in, paying the new guy, and backing the new guy in the transfer market too, is madness.

They lucked out with Ancelotti suddenly becoming available after Silva got the boot - they certainly weren’t going to get anyone else of his stature, and it’s fantasy to imagine that they always planned on bringing him in. But the decision to sack Koeman, fanny about on getting Allardyce, undermine Allardyce by making it clear they only wanted him until the end of the season, and then get rid of him in the summer anyway, was pure idiocy. 

They've gone from being spawny to shooting themselves in the foot - or at least shooting themselves in the wallet. 

Their man in Monaco is quite the gambler, isn’t he? He gambled on them getting the free stadium, then did the same with trying his hand at getting the council to finance it. He threw hundreds of millions of the clubs money at Red Ron and his signings too. What is it now he’s owed, £350m. That’s some debt he’s lumped them with and that doesn’t include some activity the other month that involved refinancing of some sort.

Wish I could live in a tax haven and spend hundreds of millions of others cash on my gambling and have the losers think I’m a saviour.

Now he’s throwing more money at the issue, although I think this time it won’t be the train wrecks we’ve already witnessed. They can at their leisure attempt to offload their shite without relying on the sale to fund a transfer. If they get it right they could even end up in the top half of the table again. 

They have a bloody good manager, so if he’s signing players he wants he should rightly get the benefit of the doubt. The stadium is a strange one and I think they’ll keep pushing it back for now and blaming us for it because we get the blame for everything they fuck up. 

I think they’ll have a decent season, Ancelotti might even get them to a cup final which will probably see their favourite other blue team smash them. They surely can’t do worse in the league as last season and might actually bother some of our rivals by giving them a game.

• Upvote 1

Homes under the Hammer this morning and some bloke gets a house in Bootle at an auction.

On the next bit they show him entering the house and he makes sure that his phone goes with the Z Cars dirge. What the fuck is wrong with these people, you would think they would be embarrassed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Didnt realise Cazoo were shirt sponsors for both Villa and the shite this season. They're a new start up, arent they throwing a considerable sum of money at 2 PL clubs?

A recipe for both deals going tits up before next season in this financial climate, surely?

I saw something on the news a little while back that the 2nd hand car market is thriving due to covid as more people turn away from public transport as a way of getting about. 

The last time they did this and referred a project to the SOS 

6 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

"But Historic England said it remained unsatisfied and would refer the matter to the Secretary of State ".

Anyone know if said Secretary of State is a Redshite ?

No, but the Secretary of state has the same abbreviation as Spirit Of Shankly so they will be involved and fuck it up.

The last time I can recall anything going to the secretary of state was a 50 floor tower at Brunswick dock and the mid op transsexual looking Ruth Kelly cancelled it without even looking at the proposals properly. 

• Upvote 1

Fair enough, hate them but I’m not going to criticise them for showing ambition and getting some decent players. No point worrying about where their money comes from as it’s all bent anyway across the board. I’ll chuckle if selling Richarlison is how they’re planning to pay for it though.

Of all of them though I’d be a bit sceptical of Rodriguez, he may turn out alright but he’s been below standard a few years. With all due respect there’s a reason none of the elite are after him even at that price.

Other 2 look good though.

• Upvote 1

It’s hilarious watching them gleefully proclaim that Rodriguez is by himself a far bigger brand than Liverpool FC due to his social media follower numbers.

By that logic, they’ve signed a player so much bigger than their club that the only reasonable conclusion is that he will be running the place. Retiree Ancelotti, the fans, the entire club, no-goals Ferguson, they all answer to James Rodriguez. If he wants to install himself as the player-manager and top scorer of their Today League title winning team from 1987, he can.

2 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Yes, Historic England report to the DCMS.

Cool. So they may not be 'evicting' a couple of old spinsters from their home but they're quite happy to steamroller a World Heritage site and go against Historic England because 'our business community and stakeholders all have a different view and fully support our proposals. The local public has told us - in huge numbers - that they believe the public benefits of our plans far outweigh the suggested level of harm to the heritage assets."!

So that's ok then!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s hilarious watching them gleefully proclaim that Rodriguez is by himself a far bigger brand than Liverpool FC due to his social media follower numbers.

They’ve won the coveted “Who Has The Most Twitter Followers” trophy. 

19 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I don't understand - can owners just plough money into clubs? I thought clubs had to generate their own money these days? That story above confused me - has Morishi given Everton £109m or £185m? 

185m gross, 109m net

he was obviously owed 76m by the club but he’s written that off and just ploughed a load more in and decided he doesn’t want any of it back!

probably inheriting the land the ground is on and will make his money back that way