You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

My grandad was an Evertonian. I was 15 when we won the treble and I tried to goad him as a teenager does, asking him what he thought, thinking I'd get a rise. He looked me in the eye and said it was good for the city, so he wasn't bitter.

He's been dead four years now, but I still can't bring myself to properly hate the bloos as a result of him. Last night was still fuckin' sweet though.

• Upvote 1

Are we as bad?

Genuinely asking, having never been to a merseyside derby- Ive seen the classic images of Torres/Gerrard/Suarez all celebrating with a back drop of the most animated, full of pure rage and hatred,both men and women young and old Everton supporters.

Seeing some of them last night when Suarez was walking toward the corner flag, it made me think, am I only seeing one side of it- are some of our fans as bad if an Everton player goes reeling past having scored?

You could see one guy was swearing/shouting/foaming at the mouth so much and getting so agitated that it looked as though his head was going to explode. Which makes the fact the Gerrard scored from the corner utterly hilarious.

I dont recall seeing United fans getting quite like that, despite Skys best efforts to stir that particular pot in recent years.

Everton fans truly look a different breed. They all have this uncanny abilty to be able to screw their faces inwards toward there nose while leaning forward at crazy angles.

• Upvote 1

My cousin was in ours yesterday afternoon he's a Blue and was going the game so we walked together. He was talking the usual '' we will batter you '' shite and to be honest I wasn't that confident they wouldn't. We were in the kitchen having a drink and I said it was the law of averages they would win one day at Anfield.

He was incredibly cocky and suggested a bet, only a tenner but I did it anyway. He is the Godfather of my daughter and I said to him that the last year they won at Anfield she wasn't even one, the same year she was Christened 1999 was the last time they won. He said he would give her £100 if they lost. She has gone to town from school to buy shoes.

• Upvote 1

Are we as bad?

Genuinely asking, having never been to a merseyside derby- Ive seen the classic images of Torres/Gerrard/Suarez all celebrating with a back drop of the most animated, full of pure rage and hatred,both men and women young and old Everton supporters.

Seeing some of them last night when Suarez was walking toward the corner flag, it made me think, am I only seeing one side of it- are some of our fans as bad if an Everton player goes reeling past having scored?

You could see one guy was swearing/shouting/foaming at the mouth so much and getting so agitated that it looked as though his head was going to explode. Which makes the fact the Gerrard scored from the corner utterly hilarious.

I dont recall seeing United fans getting quite like that, despite Skys best efforts to stir that particular pot in recent years.

Everton fans truly look a different breed. They all have this uncanny abilty to be able to screw their faces inwards toward there nose while leaning forward at crazy angles.

Even the most balanced and rational Evertonian turns into a foaming at the mouth psychopath when confronted with a game against Liverpool.

I know what you mean, daved.

Personally, there's not a lot of individuals currently associated with Everton who rile me. Don't get me wrong, from where I sit, I give a bit of shit out to people who get on my tits and I have done for quite a derbies over the years; real snide shitbags like Moyes, Cahill- people of that ilk. You watch any derby when one of our players is close to their fans- even if it's someone as inoffensive as Aly Cissokho, for instance- they always cop a load of bile through a face contorted with so much anger they could pass for something from Lord of the Rings.

Out of the current crop of blues, the only one I'd dish out shit to is Mirallas. Real horrible rat him. The rest of them I wouldn't be arsed if they were plodding along the Main Stand touchline. Distin's a bit of a whining bitch and Barry was pushing my buttons with his Christian Poulsen tackles, but the likes of Coleman, Barkley, Jagielka etc- they don't arse me in the slightest. Same with Martinez. Couldn't really give a toss about him.

No matter who it is with them, that red shirt really is the proverbial rag to a bull. I remember a few years ago when their legends played a team of Barca legends in a charity match, I asked a blue I worked with what it was like and he said: "yeah, it was boss- we booed Alonso' dad."

The peasant's club.

• Upvote 2

Personally, there's not a lot of individuals currently associated with Everton who rile me. Don't get me wrong, from where I sit, I give a bit of shit out to people who get on my tits and I have done for quite a derbies over the years; real snide shitbags like Moyes, Cahill- people of that ilk. You watch any derby when one of our players is close to their fans- even if it's someone as inoffensive as Aly Cissokho, for instance- they always cop a load of bile through a face contorted with so much anger they could pass for something from Lord of the Rings.

Out of the current crop of blues, the only one I'd dish out shit to is Mirallas. Real horrible rat him. The rest of them I wouldn't be arsed if they were plodding along the Main Stand touchline. Distin's a bit of a whining bitch and Barry was pushing my buttons with his Christian Poulsen tackles, but the likes of Coleman, Barkley, Jagielka etc- they don't arse me in the slightest. Same with Martinez. Couldn't really give a toss about him.

No matter who it is with them, that red shirt really is the proverbial rag to a bull. I remember a few years ago when their legends played a team of Barca legends in a charity match, I asked a blue I worked with what it was like and he said: "yeah, it was boss- we booed Alonso' dad."

The peasant's club.

Spot on. He is a real nasty bastard two shocking challenges in the last two Derby's and he has got away with both of them. What happened to this FA committee that was suppose to review challenges like that? 

They are a club who have a bullying attitude that goes back as far as I can remember. They use a disaster for their own gain while forgetting the disgraceful behavior that tarnished this city and destroyed our chance of European and domestic domination { yes we where that good}.
They really have sold their soul to the devil, instead of siding on the side of decency and respect they conveniently turn a blind eye {Suarez} and want everyone else to. The added bonus we have is that you can't watch any football without one of those shower being involved.

From nsno.co.uk

As classy as always

One of my brothers mates was in the Everton end at the derby about 4 years ago. He ran down at least 20 steps to give the v's and tell Gerrard to fuck off when he was walking over to take a corner. His head looked like it was about to explode with rage. Gerrard didn't even notice him which posses him off even more.

They are completely obsessed with us and hate everything about us that it alters their rational thought process.

• Upvote 1

The peasant's club.

Funnily enough I was going to use the Lord of the rings description.

Like you say, the hatred is irrational. Watching last night I am utterly amazed that walking out of Anfield after the game isnt a warzone.

I bet everyone one of them who participates in any kind of dream team/fantasy football game is having a mare as they will point blank refuse to put Suarez in.

They also strangely display, despite them becoming a bit more competitive, a reverence/admiration for other teams at the top end of the table, they dont appear to ever establish rivalry with anyone else, quite the opposite in fact.       

My brother is a blue nose & would have been there last nite only the fact he was working stopped him so I reminded him of the score & pointed out they were lucky to get NIL the reply was direct & to the point Fuck off hahaha I think I got under his skin

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Yep, classy from a set of fans who couldn't give a shit about the deaths of 39 people in a tragedy; their only concern being that it cost them a place in the European Cup.

Remember that banner they had at one of their European aways a few seasons back?

And using human tragedy in a puerile attempt at petty oneupmanship 

Before the game they were all saying it was a great opportunity to win because of our patched up defence and injuries to Lucas and Allen. Now it's just them with the injuries.

Mate of mine just becomes a different animal when it comes to his team.

Last week it was all "Martinez is great" "a beautiful man" etc.

After the game I pointed out what people had said about Martinez when he was appointed. That sometimes non-stop attack is not the way to go. He did this against us and paid for it. I told him Martinez was a one trick pony. Thats when the excuses flowed. That we beat their reserve team, they'd turn us over if they had all their players. But the icing on the cake was

Are you ready?

"come the end of the season when we have the FA Cup and you have a seasons highlight dvd"

Sorry?

DVD, thats their department!

As for FA Cup.

I'm not even going to go there!!