You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arbeloa interview in The Guardian.

Trumo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound saddened by it.

I am. El Niño was perfect from the start, he connected so well with the fans, they loved him so much, he loved them so much … it's such a pity. It happened with Atlético too: when he reached the point that he felt there was no other option he said: "I've just got to go." At Liverpool, great players were leaving, the replacements were not what people hoped for, the project didn't look so attractive … That's what made him leave his heart to one side and take the decision …

Spanish players aren't in the least bit entitled or arrogant are they. :whatever:

Another cringe-worthy interview from serial shit-stirrer Sid Lowe.

I wish they both were, with the way Johnson had been playing on the left, and we know how well Bob plays on the left, we'd be set for full backs.

Best bit is the part about him reading A song of Ice and Fire. Good series.

Johnson would be an expensive Squad player though, wouldn't want in our 1st team.

Kelly Carragher Agger Arbeloa

I'd love for him to be here, shame.

Guest the boy

Yes: he'd have committed himself to a foreign club in off-field turmoil, with neutral / negative investment in playing staff, and turned his boyhood team, and their £300 million 'project', flat down.

Very naive.

Decent player, nothing more. Very far down the ladder of reasons for the team's sudden decline.

Superb right back. very intelligent player who could get out out of a tight spot where he was getting closed down and turn it into an attacking opportunity. I loved him. that 2008 side had a spine and structure with Sami Xabi Torres allowing Gerrard at his peak to roam and bomb on and I wouldn't have swapped Arbeloa for any right back in the country.

In an ideal situation we'd have had the money to have both Johnson and Bob in the squad. We can discuss the merits on choosing one over t'other but in reality we need two right backs who are good enough and at that point we could only afford one.

It really was a shit, shit time under Hicks and Gillett. I'm almost inclined to forgive Rafa and Roy for any transgressions because they were fucking awful conditions to be working under.

• 1 year later...
Yes: he'd have committed himself to a foreign club in off-field turmoil, with neutral / negative investment in playing staff, and turned his boyhood team, and their £300 million 'project', flat down.

Very naive.

Decent player, nothing more. Very far down the ladder of reasons for the team's sudden decline.

A post of common sense amongst a sea of shite.

If he was indeed willing to stay then paying that amount of money for a player who isn't fit to lace his boots, ranks as one of the worse transfer decisions made in the last four years. And that takes some doing, since most of them have been average at best.

He wanted to go back home.

It wasnt one of the 'worst'.

The quality players we lost in the summer of 2009 Sami, Xabi and Bob. What a depressing thought when you see some of the dross that has worn our shirt since then. We should have been building on the success of that previous season.

Hicks and Gillett made a nice profit that summer the pair of crooks.

He's got very aggressive since joining RM, just like Xabi. Madridistas Bravas.

I liked him at LFC - he was a good solid RB.

Mourinho the cheating shithouse has even managed to turn bob and xabi over to the dark side. Alonso gets booked nearly every game now, and hes constantly moaning at the ref.

The one exception in that team. That boy's so good, he'd be daft going down. Probably the greatest player to ever play the game, certainly the best I've seen.

Thank fuck for that. If you had called messi a cheating, diving cunt, i would be quite upset. I saw a quote from ronaldo the other day where he said that people hate him because hes good looking, rich and good at football. Er no its cos you're a cunt. No one hates messi do they?