You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm not putting that in my mouth!

silverlining

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421
I went to a restaurant called the Gay Hussar once. I think that's Hungarian.

Everything on the menu is ghoulash and borscht and it's fucking shit.

I concur, it was crud. I blame if for food poisoning even though I ate a Pork Farms pork pie just before I went to sleep that night. I only had to eat the pork pie because the food at the Gay Hussar was so cruddy and I was still hungry, so either way it's to blame. Stupid, shitty eatery.

Oh and celery/cucumber are repulsive.

I concur, it was crud. I blame if for food poisoning even though I ate a Pork Farms pork pie just before I went to sleep that night. I only had to eat the pork pie because the food at the Gay Hussar was so cruddy and I was still hungry, so either way it's to blame. Stupid, shitty eatery.

Oh and celery/cucumber are repulsive.

Apparently it's famous because it's been there so long, and lots of dead politicians used to go there.

But by Christ, is it rubbish.

Although I do love Beef Stroganoff. That might be Hungarian.

Crab as I love the creatures.

Anything wild that is still alive (it's not big or clever, especially for a coleopterist).

There are 3 plumb breasted woodpigeons that fly into my garden every day and I'm beginning to imagine them honey glazed on a squewer. Same goes for women.

I'm a vegetarian, so meats out for starters. But things I don't like and never had, include mayo, garlic, celery, eggplant, blue cheese, grapefruit, cabbage, turnips and salad dressing.

The food I miss most being a vegetarian is Bacon. Just typing the word Bacon makes me crave it.

A veggie who doesn't eat Garlic, celery, eggplant, grapefruit, cabbage and turnips. You really are fucked mate.

If people want to eat baked beans, it's their own filthy depraved business, but they shouldn't be so brazen and proud of their bad horrendi tendencies.

I believe I am on the record in saying they taste like compressed despair swimming in week old minge plasma.

Celery is great, why the hating on celery? Fill those tasty sumbitches up with peanut butter yo, damn that's some tasty shit.

Guest ShoePiss
I'll second beetroot. VEGETABLES DON'T BLEED.

What's worse is when it's pickled. Laying in a pool of their own preserved juices.

Ah great memories, home made pickled beetroot or red cabbage on a large bowl of scouse.

Seems to me looking at some of the suggestions above, that the problem might be how they are used rather than the ingredients themselves.

Celery? I don't hate celery but I don't particularly like it when it's raw. But as a staple of Mirepoix it works a treat as a basis for loads of great dishes.

Beetroot? I don't mind it at all, but it can be bloody messy (almost literally). The best way is to drizzle it in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season and wrap in foil, then roast in the oven. It goes all sticky and sweet and the flavour changes from the original.

Cous-cous? Don't use water, use stock instead. And make sure the ingredients you add to it are at least as much in quantity as the cous-cous otherwise I can see why some think of it as bland. It also need to be over-seasoned because it takes so much flavour.

Sweet potato? Lovely roasted like normal potatoes and also in potato-based soups. Adds a nice flavour without ever getting intrusive.

Cucumber? Thick slices in a sandwich are a no-no for me because it contains too much water. Far better to split it down the middle and scrape out the insides with a spoon. After that, it's not a strong flavoured and it won't turn the bread into mush.

I'm a vegetarian, so meats out for starters. But things I don't like and never had, include mayo, garlic, celery, eggplant, blue cheese, grapefruit, cabbage, turnips and salad dressing.

The food I miss most being a vegetarian is Bacon. Just typing the word Bacon makes me crave it.

... what the fuck? "don't like and never had"? What the fuck is the point of eating?

Reminds me of this spoiled brat kid of a mate's mate. He absolutely dictated his diet to his parents. He wouldn't eat anything but pizza and fried chicken. That's it. Refused to eat anything else.

spam (never tried it but scared to do so)

baked beans

butter beans

mcdonalds gerkins

yellow fish

hot dog sausages

mint sauce (again not sure ive ever tried it but the smell knocks me)

not a lover of margerine or whatever it is nowadays but could eat it if had to,stinks on toast, Anchor butter rules!

add to that shit cheap Netto style white bread which breaks when you fold it!!!!

warburtons toastie all the way

I love pickled eggs tho, my bird hates them and their after effects which makes them all the more nicer, washed down with a nice pint of real ale.

Tomatoes.

If one even enters within 2 meters of me, someone is getting a punch. I fucking despise them and struggle to even look at them. They are a hideous creation and proof that there is no God.

Please tell me you still eat Pizza, I'm not sure I could cope if someone told me they don't like Pizza. I'd probably go on walkabout in Widnes or drill holes in cheese for several hours weeping at the humanity

Please tell me you still eat Pizza, I'm not sure I could cope if someone told me they don't like Pizza. I'd probably go on walkabout in Widnes or drill holes in cheese for several hours weeping at the humanity

Yeah, I eat Pizza. People who dont eat Pizza probably rape and murder.

... what the fuck? "don't like and never had"? What the fuck is the point of eating?

Reminds me of this spoiled brat kid of a mate's mate. He absolutely dictated his diet to his parents. He wouldn't eat anything but pizza and fried chicken. That's it. Refused to eat anything else.

Yea, sorry, ment I've never liked those things from a young age, and try avoid them at all costs. Yet I don't consider myself a fussy eater. With the exception of Garlic, It's seldom I encounter meals that involve turnips, cabbage, eggplant or blue cheese. At least here in the States that is.

But I won't eat an animal or fish. I fucking hate the way animals are treated and processed for human consumption. Just cause I've evolved faster than cows or sheep doesn't give me the right to treat them with such disdain and cruelty. If I'm ever lucky enough to win the lottery, or come into a huge lump sum of money, I'm setting up a no kill animal farm.

I'll get off my soap box now...

But I won't eat an animal or fish. I fucking hate the way animals are treated and processed for human consumption. Just cause I've evolved faster than cows or sheep doesn't give me the right to treat them with such disdain and cruelty. If I'm ever lucky enough to win the lottery, or come into a huge lump sum of money, I'm setting up a no kill animal farm.

Yeah, with another few million years of evolution under their collective bovine belts, cows will be building fucking space shuttles and colonising far-off grass planets to escape the evil butchery and milk-snatching super-evolved humans.

And hopefully you might have developed opposable thumbs by then, you tree-hugging moron.