You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Desperate for points, away at United...

Mark P

Look at how he tried to keep it down to 1-0 last season and hope Heskey could nick one.

Had to read that a few times as it made me laugh. It's the most ridiculous sounding thing ever. Perfectly true of course, but it almost defies belief that anyone can think that way.

I'd sort of blotted out that game last season. It was horrible having to sit there and watch, as our lone 'striker' just hobbled his way through the game, spending more time in his own half than theirs.

That decision to take off Baros and leave him on was a fucking disgrace. Milan would have ran himself into the ground, and given them ten times the problem that lazy arse did. Then when he was tired we could have thrown on the boy Mellor, who also would have contributed far more.

I watched Leicester at Old Trafford last week on SKY and they really went after Utd, they put them under a lot of pressure on the ball and were pretty solid in midfield in fact they were rather unlucky not to come away with a result. If they can raise their game there is no reason why we cant esp. given all this fixture means and our almost desperate desire for three points at this stage of the season.

Guest Gizmo1

Depends on who he plays up front with Michael. If it's Bruno or the lump can see United winning 2 or 3 nil. If it's Milan we could get a point or even nick a win. There defence is shite, probably be Bruno like last week though.

I'm sad to say that I don't think we have a chance. I don't think I've seen a match this season where we've worked hard off the ball closing people down (apart frm 1st haves agains Arsenal and Chelsea at the start of the season), and I belive that it's the only way to beat united.

We all know what's going to happen. He'll rely on our "strengths", defending for 90 mins and hoping to get a goal on the counter attack. I think we'll be seeing a fair few hopeless long-balls from Gerrard, desperately trying to seek out Owen. Murphy will play because he's scored our only goals in our last 2 away wins at OT, and if it doesn't work out, we're fucked. We don't have the ability to change our tactics mid-game and it could cost us dearly.

Who'll take the penalty if one should arise?!!?

> Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier has eased tension ahead of his

> > team's match against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Saturday by

> > insisting he has no plans to attack Manchester.

> >

> > Newspaper reports this morning claimed that there could be an attack

> > on Old Trafford on Saturday but Houllier has dismissed the reports as

> > completely unfounded and inaccurate.

> >

> > Houllier told Reuters: "I don't know where these stories have come

>from.

> > Anyone who knows me and the football I like to play will know that I

>have

> > no intention of attacking Manchester United. We will be playing one

> > striker on his own against United, just as we did against Fulham at

> > Anfield on Saturday.

> >

> > "I don't know if people have forgotten but last season, when we went a

> > goal down and had our captain sent off after 5 minutes, I immediately

> > took off Milan Baros in an attempt to nullify our attacking threat and

>keep

> > the score a respectable 1-nil to United.

> >

> > The fact that we lost 4-nil does not mean I made a mistake.

Guest red vespa

Its the same old story ! If we go there for a draw then i think we will lose but they are defo there for the taking and if we have a real go i honestly think we have a good chance

Or am i just saying that coz i have a ticket and dont want to sit through another 90mins like i did last year ?

If any of us on here were to pick saturdays team then i think we would win but unfortunatly the man who WILL pick the team will be at fault again and will go for the draw (as usual) and it will be another bad day at the pit !!

I have not got a clue about this game. We've been worse than I ever imagined a Liverpool side could be recently, yet this is still our biggest grudge match of the season and you'd expect the players to be up for it; especially away from home. I've been predicting (incorrectly) 3-1 for weeks now, so why change? 3-1.

Don't know what to think in regards to saturday's game. Depends on team selection and tactics. Don't trust GH to start Milan, and fully expect Heskey to start with MO. GH has surprised us in the past though ( usually unpleasently!) I think Murphy will start on the right, due to his record at OT.

The players should be up for it, after the frustrating 2-1 reverse at anfield. Hopefully they won't be playing to negative " team instructions."

I'll predict 1-1.

Only able to get a ticket in the Stretford end!! Shit.

Sat there 2 seasons ago- quite intimidating when your the only one in your area not joining the chant of " You Scouse Bastard!!!!"

My guess would be

Dudek

Carra

Riise

Sami

Steph

Murphy

Gerrard

Hamman

Kewell

H*skey

Owen

Wouldn't like to predict the score, but I bet anything you like they get a pen. Ferguson and Neville have both been crying about Graeme Poll in the papers today, and Fergie referred to the fact that Poll has apparently never given them a penalty.

My guess is a Neville dive, and Poll pointing to the spot.

Guest Podge

Thats pretty much the team & it will be a fuckn disgrace.

Baros will prob be left on the bench again while that fuckn

fraud ponces around midfield. Sick to the teeth of it.

Don't know what to think in regards to saturday's game. Depends on team selection and tactics. Don't trust GH to start Milan, and fully expect Heskey to start with MO. GH has surprised us in the past though ( usually unpleasently!) I think Murphy will start on the right, due to his record at OT.

The players should be up for it, after the frustrating 2-1 reverse at anfield. Hopefully they won't be playing to negative " team instructions."

I'll predict 1-1.

Only able to get a ticket in the Stretford end!! Shit.

Sat there 2 seasons ago- quite intimidating when your the only one in your area not joining the chant of " You Scouse Bastard!!!!"

Just go into one and give it to 'em, they're not smart enough to work it out