You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Valentine's Day

Liverpool lad

I was driving Mrs Einch to the train station this morning and she says "happy valentines day" with a heavy dose of expectancy. She phoned a couple of hours ago to confirm when she wanted to be collected from the train station and I happened to mention she had a parcel here at which point she got really excited. What she does not know is that the parcel contains 2 x 2.5m garage door seals and I used her credit card to buy them because I was too lazy to find my own cards last week.

• Upvote 1

I was driving Mrs Einch to the train station this morning and she says "happy valentines day" with a heavy dose of expectancy. She phoned a couple of hours ago to confirm when she wanted to be collected from the train station and I happened to mention she had a parcel here at which point she got really excited. What she does not know is that the parcel contains 2 x 2.5m garage door seals and I used her credit card to buy them because I was too lazy to find my own cards last week.

Those will come in handy when she inevitably kicks you out of the house. Look on the bright side. It will be less nippy in the garage tonight.

Those will come in handy when she inevitably kicks you out of the house. Look on the bright side. It will be less nippy in the garage tonight.

You make a good point but I have not fitted them yet so I should dig out my thermals and prepare for the worst I think. At least the wireless network extends to the garage so I will not be totally without the modern comforts I have become used to.

Due to work hours I only managed to get to the local florist about 5minutes before they shut. As a result I picked up a massive bunch of roses worth near on £50 for half price.

(she won't find that out mind)

Although I'm sat celebrating in our kitchen, basking in my own glory and eating a pork pie and a yogurt while I wait for her to get home from work I'm shortly off to see Gnomeo and Juliet (her choice) so my celebrations will be short lived.

For fucks sake.

I might have dodged a bullet here. He rang before to see what I was up to this afternoon and I said I was going out to get him a present. He said "No, no, don't get me a present. You've already booked the hotel, that's enough". Even though I'm not fluent in man, I interpreted that as "No, no, don't get me a present. I haven't got you anything". In which case, he can't complain that our night away isn't really away. What do you reckon?

I hope some day you'll get the man you deserve. And I really mean that best way possible.

Things being the way they are, he'll probably show up with a fucking mixer.

• 7 years later...

Mrs O'T was in Sainsbury's today and she saw a rack of "romantic" DVDs, specially selected as a Valentine's Day treat.

So, naturally, she went to the other side of the shop, where the rest of the DVDs are and picked up Death Race 4 - Beyond Anarchy to add to the Valentine's selection. 

It's the little things that count.

• Upvote 1