You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Valentine's Day

Liverpool lad

Last year my husband, went to the shop and bought his own card, he then wrote it himself and left it on the fireplace. Not sure if that makes me a really bad wife or he's actually a bit sad... I forgot our anniversary too!! I think I need to try a bit harder, but to be fair, the goings on at Liverpool have had me a little distracted lately....

Guest davelfc
Last year my husband, went to the shop and bought his own card, he then wrote it himself and left it on the fireplace. Not sure if that makes me a really bad wife or he's actually a bit sad... I forgot our anniversary too!! I think I need to try a bit harder, but to be fair, the goings on at Liverpool have had me a little distracted lately....

You sound perfect, it's all his fault.

I always tell him its his fault, he is now starting to believe me. To be fair at least he got a valentines card, he was lucky - he didnt get a Christmas card. God, just realised, I really am either a bad wife or a stingebag... will ask him to decide which, while I am at the match tomorrow and he is doing the ironing!!

I've had a card every day this week, all personal and hand crafted with loads of hearts, flowers and kisses on them. They've all been from my 8 year old so i don't think that counts.

What is everyone doing for it and what is the soppiest thing you have heard of somebody doing?

Proposing being the obvious, another was my mate coming home from work to a path of rose petals to dinner cooked, new underwear and jewellery. It's valentines, it's a hallmark gimmick.

The soppiest thing i've ever done is bought someone a card, I've been lucky as i've always landed non romantics too. My ex husband went to Southampton away on the first valentines we were together. Didn't really arse me.

For me, I shall be err the usual monday night stuff of homework and not half an evening trying to remove a pube from the back of my throat - i think i'm on to a winner with the single lark here.

Anyone want me to write them a poem for their card, just ask.

You've been a bit tight on the old poem lark lately. Would you do Nantwich nige one please?

Oh and if i don't get a text of every single one of you that have my number i'll be in neg heaven. I've been warming up by spreading the rep out to the retards on the ff so you're all fair game. Love melons. x

I always tell him its his fault, he is now starting to believe me. To be fair at least he got a valentines card, he was lucky - he didnt get a Christmas card. God, just realised, I really am either a bad wife or a stingebag... will ask him to decide which, while I am at the match tomorrow and he is doing the ironing!!

I would. x

Anything Melons says [/Quote]

I would. x

Guest ShoePiss

Pretty standard stuff this year, flowers delivered to work, home cooked meal on the Monday and out to dinner at a place called Melting Pot on the following Saturday, oh and this dancing singing game for the PS3.

Clairej22 reminded me of nantwichgirl right away. It shouldn't be too long before she's the centre of attention for the virgins followed by the centre of ridicule by the same lads when they start to think it's a man afterall.

Fuge, did she not bitch about it for ages?

No, she called me about 15 times a day trying to get back with me and then once the day had passed and I'd sobered up, I called her up and said lets give it another go. She was delighted... until about a month later when I finished it properly.

Ended up going out with her Cousin about a year later as well.

Clairej22 reminded me of nantwichgirl right away. It shouldn't be too long before she's the centre of attention for the virgins followed by the centre of ridicule by the same lads when they start to think it's a man afterall.

I wonder what that dickhead is gonna demand for valentines day.

£100 worth of roses, a meal at Londons top restaurant with the finest champagne followed by a night at the opera. All with somebody elses husband.

I'm not a virgin by the way, I just think she's a bit of a dick.

Seriously though, valentines day is shit.

Why do I need some marketing twats to tell me when I should be buying a card and taking someone out for a meal and lavishing her with gifts.

I do this all year round, if I was only to do something special for one day of the year I'd be a pretty shitty boyfriend. For that reason, valentines day can fuck off.

I wonder what that dickhead is gonna demand for valentines day.

£100 worth of roses, a meal at Londons top restaurant with the finest champagne followed by a night at the opera. All with somebody elses husband.

I'm not a virgin by the way, I just think she's a bit of a dick.

Actually, I never demand anything from anybody! I'm also single so if I do receive a gift from a bloke then it's fine.

Seriously though, valentines day is shit.

Why do I need some marketing twats to tell me when I should be buying a card and taking someone out for a meal and lavishing her with gifts.

I do this all year round, if I was only to do something special for one day of the year I'd be a pretty shitty boyfriend. For that reason, valentines day can fuck off.

Yeah, just show your girlfriend this message on valentines day instead of buying her a nice card. I'm sure She would be over the moon.

A couple of Years ago Mrs Jennings insisted i get her a card. I don't normally bother with this commercially hyped nonsense, however she was adamant that my love and affection could only be proved with folded cardboard.

Unfortunately for me I didn't get out of work until about 7:30 that evening. I dutifully stopped off at Sainsbury's (I am posh, remember) and went to the card department. There was only one left. It had clearly been thumbed and rejected a number of times. It had a picture a balcony overlooking the Eiffel Tower. On the balcony was a close-up of a fluted glass of champagne next to a single red rose. It was ghastly. However I had to buy it to prove my undying love.

I wrote a simple message in it. And took it home. I gave it to Mrs J. Her face lit up at the sight of the pink envelope. At last she had a card to show off on the mantelpiece. She opened it and her face fell.

"Oh Great, thanks," she said sarcastically "You have basically bought me a picture of the things I wanted!"

You can't bloody win in this game. Fuge - can I lend your hammer when you are done.

Mrs chap and I both think it's commercial nonsense, hyped up by the card companies and now every gift provider to get you to part with your money. How many adverts say "The perfect gift for Valentines Day"? It's all bollocks.

I tell my missus several times a say and at the end of every phone call that I love her. Does piss me off a bit that for every 10 times I say it I get only 1 back. I'm not insecure at all but it would be nice to hear it more.

We'll treat Valentines Day like any other. We'll treat each other throughout the year or go out for a meal whenever we can afford it - and sometimes when we can't.

Same with the kids. I tell all 3 of them loads of times every day that I love them, always give them hugs, say I'm proud if them and whenever I drop them off at school I hug them and tell them they're the cleverest boy/girl at school.

Basically, I'm perfect...!

Same with the kids. I tell all 3 of them loads of times every day that I love them, always give them hugs, say I'm proud if them and whenever I drop them off at school I hug them and tell them they're the cleverest boy/girl at school.

Basically, I'm perfect...!

You mean only on birthdays isn't enough? Err woops!

Pretty standard stuff this year, flowers delivered to work, home cooked meal on the Monday and out to dinner at a place called Melting Pot on the following Saturday, oh and this dancing singing game for the PS3.

I don't really know who Nantwichgirl is seeing as I am new to these forums, I can assure you I am not a man but was just merely pointing out that not all women are soppy romantics, I am not really bothered by Valentines Day, I think it is a bit of a rip off, a commercial concept designed to extract money from the masses! What's the point!:yes: