You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

I've said it before, all things considered he's the worst signing in the history of football. Not just our worst signing, but the worst singing ever. £35m for fella who is average at heading a ball, and has very limited skill on the ground. He's can kick a ball real hard with his left foot, but that's it. £35m! He's also perma-injured. He should be renamed Christy Brown.

He has never been "unplayable" in his life. Annoyingly, he was only given a chance here because he's a bit of a twat and for some reason fans like that and give a player more time. Be a boring sod and he'd have been chased out of town after about 4 months.

He's spent his career injured or shite. It took him 2.5 years to have a go at Rodgers for selling him because of how injured or shite he's been. And once he'd had his go, I don't think he's scored again, and now he's out for the season.

A disgrace of a footballer. The fact he's our most expensive signing ever is sickening. Actually the fact we ever signed him is sickening, even if it was on a free.

• Upvote 6

It took him 2.5 years to have a go at Rodgers for selling him because of how injured or shite he's been.

Absolutely bang on.

Inheriting that twat as a £35M record signing and getting shut of him straight away for what he did was excellent work by Rodgers. Thank fuck he did, however we've gone on to use the funds.

We've made worse signings. A cock eyed Italian cost as much and actually did do fuck all. Carroll scored a handful of goals at least.

Carroll cost £35m and Aquilani cost £17m. Not sure how that equates to "cost as much".

Aquilani was a talented player who was slaughtered when he joined us because he was injured. Carroll joined and was injured for pretty much the same amount of time at the start of his Liverpool career, but didn't get slaughtered for it. I wonder why that was?

Aquilani proved a bad signing, but he isn't even in the club that is Chaired by Carroll for shit signings.

Carroll cost £35m and Aquilani cost £17m. Not sure how that equates to "cost as much".

Aquilani was a talented player who was slaughtered when he joined us because he was injured. Carroll joined and was injured for pretty much the same amount of time at the start of his Liverpool career, but didn't get slaughtered for it. I wonder why that was?

Aquilani proved a bad signing, but he isn't even in the club that is Chaired by Carroll for shit signings.

We ended up getting around half of the Carroll fee back.  The soft Italian twat had to be paid to fuck off in the end up, after doing absolutely nothing.  Definitely lost more money on the Italian.

Rest of your post might be true but it doesn't change the fact he done sweet FA & Carroll knocked in a few winners.

We ended up getting around half of the Carroll fee back.  The soft Italian twat had to be paid to fuck off in the end up, after doing absolutely nothing.  Definitely lost more money on the Italian.

Rest of your post might be true but it doesn't change the fact he done sweet FA & Carroll knocked in a few winners.

And you don't think we paid off Carroll? Given we lost £20m on the Carroll deal i.e. £3m more than we paid for Aquilani I would have to disagree with your assessment.

Carroll was the worst ever. It amazes me people try and argue otherwise. Aquilani had genuine talent as we saw in the UEFA cup semi-final for us amongst other games. People say he's shite because of who he was replacing. He had no chance. But he was very talented, anyone saying otherwise is just lying. Both players failed though, but one was bought for £35m and the other was bought for less than half that. It's not even a contest.

Aquilani wasn't slaughtered when he signed.

If anyone was it was the fucking mongoloids who signed him, knowing full well his injury histroy was shite.

Problem is you can say the exact same thing about Carroll. Carroll had had one season where he played more than 20 games before we signed him. And those injuries have continued.

I just find it odd that the stuff people hammer Aquilani for are no different to what Carroll should be slaughtered for, but isn't. And given Carroll cost more than twice as much as Aquilani, it's not even up for debate in my mind.

Other poor big signings have had some semblence of ability, Keane and Aquillani couldn't be labelled outright shit, they were overpriced and didn't perform. Carroll, Adam and Downing were outright shit, mediocre championship players. That was probably the worst transfer window business in living memory.

• Upvote 2

Other poor big signings have had some semblence of ability, Keane and Aquillani couldn't be labelled outright shit, they were overpriced and didn't perform. Carroll, Adam and Downing were outright shit, mediocre championship players. That was probably the worst transfer window business in living memory.

Exactly. Aquilani had talent. People were still calling him shite as he started in the Champions League for Juve as we sat in 18th in the league under Hodgson.

Aquilani was a terrible signing in the end, all things considered. But Carroll was the worst ever. Ever.

Problem is you can say the exact same thing about Carroll. Carroll had had one season where he played more than 20 games before we signed him. And those injuries have continued.

I just find it odd that the stuff people hammer Aquilani for are no different to what Carroll should be slaughtered for, but isn't. And given Carroll cost more than twice as much as Aquilani, it's not even up for debate in my mind.

I'll happily slaughter Carroll for being shite, lazy, useless and a complete was of time & money.Not to mention the fact he recently spoke to the rag, so he can fuck off. Not that I held him in any sort of high regard before that, obviously. 

And I'll happily slaughter Aquilani for being shite, lazy, useless and a complete waste of time & money. And a fucking shithouse to boot. Remember he cried it in when he had the shits? Had the mentality of a fucking tadpole.

I'll happily slaughter Carroll for being shite, lazy, useless and a complete was of time & money.Not to mention the fact he recently spoke to the rag, so he can fuck off. Not that I held him in any sort of high regard before that, obviously. 

And I'll happily slaughter Aquilani for being shite, lazy, useless and a complete waste of time & money. And a fucking shithouse to boot. Remember he cried it in when he had the shits? Had the mentality of a fucking tadpole.

And that's it. Both terrible signings for us. I just think I can confidently say Carroll was worse given he cost twice as much as Aquilani, and it's not as if Aquilani was cheap.

Aquilani and Carroll were both wretched signings for us. They were exactly what we didn't need at crucial stages. Story of the last twenty years.

Decent rather than quality footballers that we paid at least twice as much as they were actually worth.

Is this the mission statement of our transfer committee?

I've said it before, all things considered he's the worst signing in the history of football. Not just our worst signing, but the worst singing ever. £35m for fella who is average at heading a ball, and has very limited skill on the ground. He's can kick a ball real hard with his left foot, but that's it. £35m! He's also perma-injured. He should be renamed Christy Brown.

He has never been "unplayable" in his life. Annoyingly, he was only given a chance here because he's a bit of a twat and for some reason fans like that and give a player more time. Be a boring sod and he'd have been chased out of town after about 4 months.

He's spent his career injured or shite. It took him 2.5 years to have a go at Rodgers for selling him because of how injured or shite he's been. And once he'd had his go, I don't think he's scored again, and now he's out for the season.

A disgrace of a footballer. The fact he's our most expensive signing ever is sickening. Actually the fact we ever signed him is sickening, even if it was on a free.

Sorry but that's just silly talk. 

I was one of the most critical people going when it came to him playing for us but in other sides set up other ways he can, and has been, a really dominant player. There's a reason that Liverpool saw fit to throw £50m at him and it was because of those good days (when he was genuinely unplayable).

If my life depended on having to win a header I'd pick him before anyone else in the league. The idea that he's average is just daft.

• Upvote 1

Maybe on a punt from the keeper. If it is a header from a corner or set piece it wouldn't be him.

Which is my point. He's a good header of the ball, but nothing spectacular. He's average for the league he's in. His header against Everton is a great memory and all that, but it wasn't Hyypia against Arsenal in the CL brilliant though for the ability though. Carroll gets his head on the ball, but if he had the ability with his head of a Shearer or Fowler or Quinn, he'd have got loads more goals.

• Upvote 1