You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

I feel sorry for him. Maybe one day he'll have an injury-free season, but that gets further away the more he gets injured. He'd be great in the Italian league where he wouldn't have to run about so much. He could be the next Inzaghi.

210398_heroa.jpg

Pippo says:

"The third Inzaghi brother Harpo maybe."

No nose for the ball or where to be and a clinical finisher he is not.

They've got 25 games out of him each season.

He's a brilliant asset to have in your squad if you are Sam Allardyce.

Definetly the kind of numbers I'd be looking for from one of my best players.

Certainly in a league where you're hoping to play the best part of 50-55 fixtures and a minimum of 40.

• Upvote 1

If you ignore the price which was hardly the big galoot's fault then we've signed plenty of worse dross. Carroll being pilloried for the clubs stupidity here

When quantifying whether a signing is good enough you generally have to work out whether it was worth your while buying him.

That;s why you can't ignore the price. 

• Upvote 1

Definetly the kind of numbers I'd be looking for from one of my best players.

Certainly in a league where you're hoping to play the best part of 50-55 fixtures and a minimum of 40.

I think he was a good buy for West Ham at £15m and I'd imagine so does Sam Allardyce.

The West Ham fans that were buzzing off him and watching their team finish comfortably mid-table probably agree.

If you're Allardyce then having probably the best header of a ball in the league, even for just 25 games a season, is quite a handy asset.  If he can do a few step-overs and put the ball into the top corner from range then all the better.

West Ham don't have the team or the finances to be paying the kind of money they pay Carroll for a bit part role in the team when he can be bothered and when he can drag his sorry excuse for a footballer off the treatment table.

He was a waste of resources for us and West Ham whether he has the odd game where he looks like he can play football or not.

West Ham don't have the team or the finances to be paying the kind of money they pay Carroll for a bit part role in the team when he can be bothered and when he can drag his sorry excuse for a footballer off the treatment table.

He was a waste of resources for us and West Ham whether he has the odd game where he looks like he can play football or not.

Call him a sorry excuse all you want but he's unplayable at times and Allardyce know how to play to his strengths. He was a waste of resources and time for us, he really isn't for them. He's their second top scorer and is involved in loads of the goals he doesn't score. £15m is fuck all really for what he can give them, especially when each position is worth nearly £1m and the mid-table is often so tightly packed.

• Upvote 1