You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Torres poll

1892-LFCWasBorn

What to do with Nando?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Nando?

• Sell him asap. He is dead to me.
    • Do anything and everything to convince him to stay.

Just wanted to get the consensus about Nando. Was going to post this last night, but giving the anger on here, didn't think it was the best time. Most of us have slept on it now, so putting it out there.

Given that the likes of Rooney, Tevez, Fabregas etc in the past have all handed in transfer request and are still at their clubs means Nando can be convinced to stay. Also considering Stevie nearly joined those plastic cunts TWICE is also testament to this theory, even though the circumstances to that were are little bit different.

The question and point of the poll is are you done with Torres or should we do everything in the next three days to convince him to stay? If he does miraculously do a u-turn like some of the above, can you forgive him?

I honesty don't see the point in keeping him until the summer just by rejecting the Chelsea bids and his transfer request.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

weve seen how sulky he is at the best of times, imagine what he'll be like if we keep him against his will. The difference with tevez, rooney and fabregas is that there clubs are all challenging for top honours, Fernando wouldnt want to leave if we were thats why i think we should let him leave. Get as much money as possible and move on

Voted to sell, but I think we should lock him in a room with Kenny for a few hours first.

I really can understand him wanting to leave, broken promise after broken promise from the club, he came from his beloved home club to win things and we are miles and miles from doing that. He left his club, so why wouldn't he leave ours.

To do this three days before the end of the transfer window is poor,very poor and this could have been done in may with much les fuss.

Feel sorry for FSG they really can't win this one and are damned if they do or don't sell him.

Force him to stay until summer, then tell him he's free to go abroad but won't be allowed to sign for a rival.

If he refuses, let him rot.

That's exactly my stance on the situation. Let him run the gauntlet for the rest of this season so he can see and know how much his actions hurt us and then let him know he can leave if someone offers his full value in the summer but not to an English side.

What I can't get my head around is why he would want to join such a small club whose very existence is dependant on a Russian crook who may pull the plug at any time.

Force him to stay until summer, then tell him he's free to go abroad but won't be allowed to sign for a rival.

This. Helping Chelsea become stronger shouldn't even be an option. None of the other clubs would do it to each other so why should we.

Fuck him, and fuck Chelsea.

Take a lot of cash with Daniel Sturridge Joshua McEachran and that good young defender they have whose name escapes me in part ex. Buy Andrew Carroll (Idiot but good player) and Ashley Young and make the best of a very sad situation. Keeping a player who wants out never works. Do it with style and honour and keep the knives out of backs :-(

Only two options? Things like this ae never that black & white; where is the option to keep till summer and tell him what his obligations are (like the club have seemingly already done), and what about having a word with him - we all makes mistakes and bad calls, so maybe this is one too.

Not irretrievable by any means. Just look at Tevez.

And it is forgivable.

So for me, have a big fucking word in his shell-like, and tell him to issue a statement along the lines of this being one big mistake.

PS His agent could have a biiiig hand in this. Could well have been telling him 'I told you so'.

The two options given don't really capture my thoughts. He's not dead to me and I don't want to do everything to convince him to stay either.

I think we should hang on until the summer and have a sit down and see what the options are. If he still wants out so be it. But until then he plays and I expect 100% I really don't want the mongs to boo him just get on with supporting the club, no man even Kenny himself, is bigger than the club. The timing is stupid but players are.

Chelsea and NESV have smeared him beyond belief, and like UTTER MUGS, some of you are going along with it.

Most knowledgeable fans in football? Most clueless morelike, nowadays.

The guy wants what WE want. NESV to play fair and rebuild a team for him, and all of us.

Chelsea and the media wanna cause shite. NESV just want the dirty dollar by any means possible.

Sell the Crown Jewels if u want. Dont expect me to give these damned yanks another penny tho. RIP LFC, if thats the case.

Kind of agree, but limiting the buyers reduces the price. I wouldn't care if he goes to Chelsea. If he goes, I couldn't care less where it is, even if it's Manu.

This request smacks of bad advice; he surely knows that promises by the last regime are null and void.

compromise.

Agree to sell for min 40 mill in the summer. we get his services until then. he/they get what they want. We ask for 50% down payment on deal etc.makes good business for us on a player that hasn't replicated his first season due to regular injuries and likely is going the same way as Owen on that front. cash in. We are not a one man club.