You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Holloway and Blackpool

Guest San Don

Guest San Don

So, after yet another away win in the PL, is he just riding his luck or is he a motivator of men and, capable of getting his players to perform above their expectations?

He's got a few 'journeymen' in his team such as kingson, campbell who scored both goal today, varney, taylor fletcher and evatt.

They are 8th having played 17 games so far.

Guest San Don
Not too bad for a team that hasn't played a home match in 12 years due to weather.

Imagine how fucked we'd be if we had 3 home matches binned?

Reckon it's a unfashionable-happy-to-be-here bounce and next year will go the way the like of Bradford, Ipswich, Hull, etc...

Not so sure about the bounce thing. What will tell though is if they do stay up, will they still pay their highest paid player, reputed to be adams, just 9 grand a week. Their first choice keeper currently out injured, is rumoured to be on less than 2 grand a week!

I think if they hold onto the players they have and more importantly Holloway, they could stay up for a couple of seasons.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw that yesterday. I thought it was brilliant. I really like Holloway.

I wouldn't want to be the Blackpool press Officer. You always feel he is about 5 seconds away from saying something outrageous. I think it is great to hear someone speaking with such passion and from the heart, even if he is as mad as a wet hen.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I wouldn't want to be the Blackpool press Officer. You always feel he is about 5 seconds away from saying something outrageous. I think it is great to hear someone speaking with such passion and from the heart, even if he is as mad as a wet hen.

They must all hide behind the sofa when he goes out to speak. It seems he has calmed down a bit now he's in the premiership. Well, other than the

thing. Oh yeah, and the thing about resigning. A proper football man. A proper man, actually. I don't actually agree with him half the time, but he's a legend.

I loved it when he was asked for a reaction to playing Real Madrid:

jMf9Ov_O-qY

Quality analogy:

hgHcZqIfhcA

They must all hide behind the sofa when he goes out to speak. It seems he has calmed down a bit now he's in the premiership. Well, other than the
thing. Oh yeah, and the thing about resigning. A proper football man. A proper man, actually. I don't actually agree with him half the time, but he's a legend.

I loved it when he was asked for a reaction to playing Real Madrid:

jMf9Ov_O-qY

Quality analogy:

hgHcZqIfhcA

He is my wife's favourite. She was nearly weeping watching them.

Got a bit of the Ipswich about them, doing well and catching teams by surprise but not sure if they can repeat it as successfully second time around ( kiss of death for Wednesday).

Think they'll stay up this season but next year they could be in a relegation fight.

Guest San Don
Got a bit of the Ipswich about them, doing well and catching teams by surprise but not sure if they can repeat it as successfully second time around ( kiss of death for Wednesday).

Think they'll stay up this season but next year they could be in a relegation fight.

As I said before, I wouldnt bee too sure about them struggling next season. The test will be if they can keep their players (difficult with a wage cap of 10 grand a week) or replace any that do leave for better wages with adequate replacements.

They could become the new wimbledon with more class.

Despite a bit of a shambolic first appearance in the PL (ground not ready, games postponed due to no undersoil heating) blackpool are a well run club financially. They are one of the few clubs in all 4 leagues with no debt.

They dont have to sell a single player to ease their finances and only the lure of more money is likely to make players move.

Charlie Adam is subject to a bid of 3.5mill but they dont need the money. Its whether Adam wants to increase his wages by a factor of 3 to 30 grand a week and possibly sit on birmingham or Villa bench rather than play every week.