You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Agger

marcus50bucks

Hodgson and Agger

From the daily post

ROY HODGSON’S relationship with Daniel Agger has become further strained with the Liverpool manager revealing his frustration at the defender’s fitness.

Agger will be absent for Sunday’s Merseyside derby at Goodison after aggravating a groin problem while on international duty for Denmark in midweek.

The centre-back was named in his country’s starting line-up for their Euro 2012 qualifier against Cyprus on Tuesday night despite having missed Liverpool’s previous two games through injury.

However, Agger limped off after just 39 minutes to leave a clearly unimpressed Hodgson to question the decision to play.

“Agger missed two weeks with the injury he picked up in the Sunderland game but he made a miraculous recovery in order to go and play for Denmark where he got injured again,” said the Liverpool manager.

“I don’t know what the state of play is going to be for him yet.”

Since Hodgson’s arrival, Agger has fallen behind Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel in the centre-back pecking order and has recently been usurped from his makeshift left-back role by summer signing Paul Konchesky.

And the Dane risked the wrath of the Anfield manager after appearing to query Liverpool’s style of football, although he later claimed the quotes were taken out of context.

Hodgson received a mixed injury bulletin yesterday ahead of the weekend derby by revealing both Fernando Torres and Konchesky will be available.

However, the Liverpool manager confirmed Dirk Kuyt will be out for around a month after suffering ankle ligament damage while playing for Holland on Tuesday.

Torres pulled out of Spain’s recent internationals after picking up an adductor strain early on in Liverpool’s 2-1 defeat at home to Blackpool a fortnight ago, while Konchesky has missed the last two games with a hamstring injury.

And the Liverpool manager said: “Konchesky has made a good recovery as has Fernando Torres so all being well we can welcome those two back.

“We get two good ones back, but lose a good one in Kuyt.

Clicky

I've mentioned in the past that I've been unhappy with the way Hodgson's treatment of Agger. I will go a step further and say his latest comments in the press are disgraceful.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agger is nothing special and obviously injury prone to fuck, dont have any problems with Roy's comments whatsoever, we would probably get a very good price for him if we placed him on the market.

You don't have a problem with our manager making comments about our own such as "He made a miraculous recoveyry to be fit for Denmark where he got injured again." And "We get two good ones back, but lose a good one in Kuyt?"

I think everyone can agree that Agger is prone to injury, however you don't go to the press and slate your own with comments like that.

Roy's problem with Agger is my biggest problem with him.

A bigger problem than the fact that he has us playing ugly and ineffective football while languishing in the relegation zone in mid-October?

After all that, it's probably my biggest problem with him. I think he disapproves of Agger's disapproval of playing ugly and ineffective football, so I'm with Agger on this one.

Agger is all that Uncle Roy hates about defenders.

Yep, thankfully I'm pretty sure these new owners are winners so cant see them persisting with a complete loser for much longer. Just as you think he cant look any more out of his depth he does something to prove he can.

He should never ever have even made a short list let alone got this job. Horrific manager.

Some of the bullshit being spouted about Hodgson is ridiculous, especially considering that a lot of it is coming from people who condemned the same stuff being said about the previous boss.

It does my head in.

Can we stop the point scoring.

Its obvious to all Roy's reign has been underwhelming at best, and you could easily argue disastrous.

His interviews do him no favours in my view and perhaps should just shut the hell up and let sammy lee do a few now and again.

I'd rather BOTH the manager and the player stopped making comments about the other in public. It's pretty obvious that these two don't see eye to eye, so I'd put money on Agger being off over the transfer window. I'm sure he'd do well in Italy where he wouldn't struggle with the physical side of things or have his aerial weaknesses exposed.

Its obvious to all Roy's reign has been underwhelming at best, and you could easily argue disastrous.

Yeah, all two months of it.

A bigger problem than the fact that he has us playing ugly and ineffective football while languishing in the relegation zone in mid-October?

After all that, it's probably my biggest problem with him. I think he disapproves of Agger's disapproval of playing ugly and ineffective football, so I'm with Agger on this one.

I think he can turn things around with the way our season is going/the way we're playing, but not with Agger so easily for some reason. And Agger is one of my fave players.

Agger is overrated to fuck and needs to put a half decent shift in.

Hodgson is spot on.

And he's not Benitez. Is that the missing premise in your argument? Actually, the only premise:

Hodgson is not Benitez.

Therefore, Hodgson is spot on.

* Having reread your post, and noted that it was by Mr. Biscan, I apologise for the tone.

Edited by Josef Svejk

Yeah, all two months of it.

I think he can turn things around with the way our season is going/the way we're playing, but not with Agger so easily for some reason. And Agger is one of my fave players.

Obviously, I hope you're right. But there's little evidence to support the hope.

Some of the bullshit being spouted about Hodgson is ridiculous, especially considering that a lot of it is coming from people who condemned the same stuff being said about the previous boss.

It does my head in.

I can't remember any previous boss publicly giving such a sarcastic remark about one of our own players. I refer to the "miraculous recovery" bit, forgive me if you think I read to much into it, but that sort of thing is not particularly pleasant reading.

I'd rather BOTH the manager and the player stopped making comments about the other in public. It's pretty obvious that these two don't see eye to eye, so I'd put money on Agger being off over the transfer window. I'm sure he'd do well in Italy where he wouldn't struggle with the physical side of things or have his aerial weaknesses exposed.

It's Hodgson that keeps prattling on about the fact that they have problems. I would also stick could money on the fact that Hodgson will be out the door before Agger.