You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Agger

marcus50bucks

When was the last time Agger put in two decent back to back performances? When was the last time the team put in two decent back to back performances?

I'd say that both player and manager have a point. It's just one that I wish they would debate away from the newspapers.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time Agger put in two decent back to back performances? When was the last time the team put in two decent back to back performances?

I'd say that both player and manager have a point. It's just one that I wish they would debate away from the newspapers.

When was the last time the team put in ONE decent performance???

Shit manager, shit tactics, shit press confrences, shit transfers, shit substitutions, shit man management......

Some of his comments to undermine certain players are nothing short of a disgrace....

Leave our club now, before you do more damage than H&G ever did...

Shit manager, shit tactics, shit press confrences, shit transfers, shit substitutions, shit man management......

Some of his comments to undermine certain players are nothing short of a disgrace....

Spot on Zico.

Moaning about Aggers injuries when he wouldnt play him anyway.

Spot on, the sooner he's gone the better.

I am loathe to try and defend Hodgson but bloody hell saying he could do more damage than H &G is pretty idiotic. That you have people agreeing with it is even more alarming.

I am loathe to try and defend Hodgson but bloody hell saying he could do more damage than H &G is pretty idiotic. That you have people agreeing with it is even more alarming.

The thing is, now that H & G are gone, and we DIDN'T get sold down the river, the future there is good.

Hodgson, therefore, CAN do much more damage to the potential long term quality of the squad and future earning potential of the team by continuing to insist that his 35 year old tactics will work, he just needs such stars and Carlton Cole, Bobby Zamora....

Shite like that will send the big names off and what will we have left to rebuild from?

It's Hodgson that keeps prattling on about the fact that they have problems. I would also stick could money on the fact that Hodgson will be out the door before Agger.

That's money in the bank imo. Let's just hope it's sooner rather than later. I'd back us heavily this weekend if we had a decent manager, as Everton's injury worries far outweigh ours. I just think we'll start sluggishly and with little aggression, giving the initiative to the Neanderthals from across the park.

I think Hodgson's comments about Agger are spot on. Why did he have to go and play a home game against Cyprus?

In the build up to Denmark-Cyprus, national coach Morten Olsen alluded to the fact he was toying with the idea of replacing Christian Poulsen as captain and I reckon Agger could've seen that as an opportunity because the original decision to make Poulsen captain seemed to be a choice between the pair.

Olsen and Denmark have been criticised heaily recently after the World Cup and maybe Agger would like to be seen as some kind of saviour.

Probably because he didn't think he'd have any chance of playing for the next couple of matches, as Skrtel has done pretty well and Carra doesn't get dropped even if he's playing like a 40-year old. With Konchesky coming back from injury Agger's playing time would be limited so he probably saw it as good match practice. The captaincy thing could be a factor, as well as the game actually being a WC qualifier. I have no beef with Agger going to try to take his country to the WC, pisses me off a whole lot more the way Gerrard and Torres went away with their national teams to meaningless friendlies last season.

I think Hodgson's comments about Agger are spot on. Why did he have to go and play a home game against Cyprus?

In the build up to Denmark-Cyprus, national coach Morten Olsen alluded to the fact he was toying with the idea of replacing Christian Poulsen as captain and I reckon Agger could've seen that as an opportunity because the original decision to make Poulsen captain seemed to be a choice between the pair.

Olsen and Denmark have been criticised heaily recently after the World Cup and maybe Agger would like to be seen as some kind of saviour.

I don't know DT. Agger seems to have a really unprofessional approach to football with his talking about how he's only doing it because he was good at it, and the touting, and such. I just don't think anyone would really consider him Captain material.

It is truly incredible to me that Liverpool fans see a manager with seven - seven!!! - league games under his belt as more expendable than an over-rated, back-stabbing, perennially-injured centre-half. Is this the true legacy of the Texan Tit and that other malignant cunt? Our famous patience as fans is dead?

Roy Hodgson has had an absolutely fucking awful start as Liverpool manager, but as far as I'm concerned, his reign begins today. The awful fucking depression that has engulfed the entire club for years now has finally been removed and I think it's inconceivable that we won't see a difference on the pitch, both this afternoon and moving forward. Furthermore, Roy will also be given the tools to do his job - albeit six months later than was necessary - and we won't have too long to wait to see some of the embarrassing deficiencies in our squad rectified.

The fact is that the new owner has already stated that he's not looking to change the manager, so how about we try a novel approach and get behind him? Yes he has an awful lot to do to convince the fans that he's up to the task, but I'm absolutely certain he won't succeed if no-one gives him any support. In other words, it's time for everyone to suspend their disbelief, remember what The Liverpool Way and You'll Never Walk Alone are really about and get behind our new manager as he tries to sort out the awful fucking shambles he inherited when he walked in the door a mere seven league matches ago.

It is truly incredible to me that Liverpool fans see a manager with seven - seven!!! - league games under his belt as more expendable than an over-rated, back-stabbing, perennially-injured centre-half. Is this the true legacy of the Texan Tit and that other malignant cunt? Our famous patience as fans is dead?

Roy Hodgson has had an absolutely fucking awful start as Liverpool manager, but as far as I'm concerned, his reign begins today. The awful fucking depression that has engulfed the entire club for years now has finally been removed and I think it's inconceivable that we won't see a difference on the pitch, both this afternoon and moving forward. Furthermore, Roy will also be given the tools to do his job - albeit six months later than was necessary - and we won't have too long to wait to see some of the embarrassing deficiencies in our squad rectified.

The fact is that the new owner has already stated that he's not looking to change the manager, so how about we try a novel approach and get behind him? Yes he has an awful lot to do to convince the fans that he's up to the task, but I'm absolutely certain he won't succeed if no-one gives him any support. In other words, it's time for everyone to suspend their disbelief, remember what The Liverpool Way and You'll Never Walk Alone are really about and get behind our new manager as he tries to sort out the awful fucking shambles he inherited when he walked in the door a mere seven league matches ago.

Fucking Hippy.

I don't know DT. Agger seems to have a really unprofessional approach to football with his talking about how he's only doing it because he was good at it, and the touting, and such. I just don't think anyone would really consider him Captain material.

Ehhhhh, you ever hear of a wee ball playing centre back from scotland, was never too interested in fottball - preferred golf, but was pragmatic and followed the game he had a better chance in... won a good few trophies in his time, granted never a tout as far as i know, but as honest a player as ye'd come across, maybe Agger is the same as regards his love for the game.

Fuck Agger, I would happily see him shipped out in January. He has been he for four and a half years and has had one full season when he has played consistently well back in 06-07. He is a decent footballer don't get me wrong but I wouldn't lose any sleep should we sell him. Or Skrtel for that matter.

this time last year people were using a simliar argument towards you Paul, but yer mind was made up. People are exactly the same as regards Hodgson, that's their prerogative. it's a bit fucking rich to start quoting you'll never walk alone after the divisions of the last 18 months, maybe another reason it's best to just start anew. Is there a timeline upon when someone must walk alone??

Ehhhhh, you ever hear of a wee ball playing centre back from scotland, was never too interested in fottball - preferred golf, but was pragmatic and followed the game he had a better chance in... won a good few trophies in his time, granted never a tout as far as i know, but as honest a player as ye'd come across, maybe Agger is the same as regards his love for the game.

Agger isn't 'as honest a player as ye'd come across', he's a well-known tout that speaks out far too often for my liking. He also appears to be rubbing his second straight manager the wrong way with his attitude.

Nevermind that he's broken...

Both should shut the fuck up and work out what the actual problem is in Agger getting injuries. I would suspect that his chronic back issue is what has caused his groin to go.

And if he's fit Roy play him. Don't let him rust on the side.

Agger concentrate on getting fit for Liverpool before you think about being The Danish captain.

And Paul, some of us, hopefully sensible ones, are judging Roy on more than 7 games.

Agger isn't 'as honest a player as ye'd come across', he's a well-known tout that speaks out far too often for my liking. He also appears to be rubbing his second straight manager the wrong way with his attitude.

so we can sack off knocking him because he has been open about his love of the game then?? I find it pretty refreshing that he has that self-awareness, to be able to admit it's not his first love, as regards the touting - never bought a ticket from him, nore do I know anyone else who has... speaking out... he's a professional footballer, he gets interviewed, if he sees fit to respond honestly so fucking be it, rather that than the constant arselicking of the incumbent ala danny murphy

Do you think it might have been because he was called up? And if called up and you refuse to play, then you are then suspended from your next club game if your home football Federation decide to invoke the terms of the rule on call ups?

And if he cited an injury as a reason not to play then he would still have had to join up anyway and be assessed by the Dutch medical team who would then have decided if he was fit to play or not?

In short, I'd say the answer to that particular question was that he was called up, fit to play and selected....wouldn't you?

Simple really isn't it, people think Agger's a good player and think Roy is a poor manager.