You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking television....

Dracco

For the past 5 years, I could watch Premier League for free here in Slovakia and I could choose what game to watch.

Three different channels were showing Premier League LIVE for free...3 matches on Saturday, 2 on Sunday, Monday night game, and if there were a midweek games then at least one game live on Tuesday and also Wednesday.

With this system I could watch about 90 % of LFC games LIVE during this 5 years.

But this week was announced that some Romanian TV company bought all rights for Premier League for Slovak Territory and they bought also rights for all domestic competition and also games of Slovak National team. I´ve checked weekend programmes of all this 3 channels mentioned above and there is not a sniff of English footy!!!

If me and other 95 % of Slovakians want to see Premier League next year and also see national team, I have to pay 15 EUROs/month for new DIGI SPORT channel

Fucking assholes...

I´ve called the office of this new DIGI Sport channel and they told me that they have lot of inquirys these days and that they can install it to me in 6-8 weeks!!!!

O dear how I hate to watch football on the internet

I pay 200kr (about 18 quid i think) for my package which includes Prem and CL matches. At the moment it includes HD, but when my deal runs out i will have to pay extra for HD, probably about 4 quid extra.

Its not too bad, and the viasat sport HD is excellent compared to canal+ who had the rights last season. It was barely worth watching it on HD and probably the reason why they didn't charge extra for it.

Nova Sport will not show it and Prima stopped already last season.

What other Czech channels do you mean mate? Where exactly are you from?

I'm living in Bratislava mate . And you?

Not too sure as I don't understand a word of them and don't know which are Slovak and which are Czech. But if Nova Sport aren't showing them then I guess we're fucked. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go to the pub.

I'll do some channel surfing this weekend to see if the games are on any of my 60 channels

I'll never understand why people in other countries get to see more of the club on tv stations than we do here. It's just a weird set-up.

It's to get you to go to the stadium and watch the games there.

And all football matches are available online now with normally pretty good streams so it's no biggie really.

It's to get you to go to the stadium and watch the games there.

And all football matches are available online now with normally pretty good streams so it's no biggie really.

That logic doesn't fly for me. Most other sports televise all of their fixtures and they're still sold out. And illegal streams aren't a solution.

That logic doesn't fly for me. Most other sports televise all of their fixtures and they're still sold out. And illegal streams aren't a solution.

I don't know about any other sports but if you think you've got a case you could be on to something.

Live streams have provided a solution to a lot of people.

Not too sure as I don't understand a word of them and don't know which are Slovak and which are Czech. But if Nova Sport aren't showing them then I guess we're fucked. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go to the pub.

I'll do some channel surfing this weekend to see if the games are on any of my 60 channels

Aha, i thought you´re czech or slovak. I live in Sala, it´s a town cca. 70 km away from Bratislava...about 30 000 citizens live here, but go to BA quite often.

Hopefully pubs will buy this channel, but I´ll probably buy it for home if there would be no choice to watch it.

My father has this DIGI TV at home but I don´t give a fucj spending whole weekends in parents house watching footy.

Pretty sure that Digi Sport Ro was available for free most of last season with some keys available online. The picture quality is piss poor though.

It is possible but here in Slovakia this channel starts just on 14th of August 2010. Maybe it´ll be Digi Sport SK or something.

Aren´t you tonight going to see Slovakia - Croatia game? All the croatian stars (or have they any?) are there....with Skrtel at their backs ;)

I don´t want to travel to see some friendly game, it is shown on JOJ PLUS at 8:30 pm, so I have my 5-a side at 7 and then straight home to watch a bit.

For the past 5 years, I could watch Premier League for free here in Slovakia and I could choose what game to watch.

Three different channels were showing Premier League LIVE for free...3 matches on Saturday, 2 on Sunday, Monday night game, and if there were a midweek games then at least one game live on Tuesday and also Wednesday.

With this system I could watch about 90 % of LFC games LIVE during this 5 years.

But this week was announced that some Romanian TV company bought all rights for Premier League for Slovak Territory and they bought also rights for all domestic competition and also games of Slovak National team. I´ve checked weekend programmes of all this 3 channels mentioned above and there is not a sniff of English footy!!!

If me and other 95 % of Slovakians want to see Premier League next year and also see national team, I have to pay 15 EUROs/month for new DIGI SPORT channel

Fucking assholes...

I´ve called the office of this new DIGI Sport channel and they told me that they have lot of inquirys these days and that they can install it to me in 6-8 weeks!!!!

O dear how I hate to watch football on the internet

This is how it is in the UK: at least you got to watch all our great football last season! Seriously, though, at least you don't have BT Broadband and streams that are as spectacular as a Kelly Sotherton javelin throw

Edited by Jarvinja Ilnow
girlfiendous interruptous

What annoys me is this:

U gotta pay for a package for sports (£40 per month) then another £10-£15 per month for ESPN then if u wanna watch it in another room U pay for a box and installation then £10 per month for multiroom! And Sky have got about 10 million customers ! Its scandalous.

yes yes yes - but can I say again how crap BT is, and that twat in the advert who says "business slow at the minute?" to the pretend estate agent, is a fucking comedian (he would never be accused of it outside that advert) as his paymasters and overlords are complete cumrecepticles of the highest twattishness. Business slow? Only if you have BT Broadband you twats