You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "two-months" comment...the "Rafael never did anything good for the club..." the pizza...it's fucking hilarious. If he seriously ends up at the helm I'll go and support Manchester United or Everton.

seriously where's that from sounds very very bad

People really shoudn't take any notice of these "quotes" and reports.

Broughton's said that whatever appears in the media is likely to be bollocks, and he's said this is a process that will be done behind closed doors. Too many people with their own agenda to take much of what's written seriously.

Broughton's said that whatever appears in the media is likely to be bollocks, and he's said this is a process that will be done behind closed doors. Too many people with their own agenda to take much of what's written seriously.

Agree with this. All we've had over the last 4-5 days is peoples opinions on what's going on and denials of anything by most linked with it.

Hopefully it's progressing nicely behind the scenes and we can move on from this very soon.

The plot thickens

The adverse court finding emerged as Huang was preparing to present Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton with an offer for the club and proof of funds ahead of a board meeting on Thursday that may decide the fate of the club.

Huang’s bid has been clouded in uncertainty since it was made public amid claims that it would be backed by investment from the China Investment Corporation, the Chinese state’s sovereign wealth arm.

On Tuesday Huang’s associate on the bid, Marc Ganis, added to the confusion, telling sportingintelligence.com that they had not yet decided whether to make an offer for the club and that no investors, including CIC, had yet been identified.

Huang is one of four potential bidders for Liverpool. Also understood to be considering offers are Syrian businessman Yahya Kurdi, who said on Tuesday he would not offer “one pound more” than the club are worth, New York investment house the Rhone Group, and the Kuwaiti Al-Kharifi family.

The Liverpool board are scheduled to meet to discuss any offers they receive on Wednesday having asked for proof of funds and detailed offers by then.

None of the potential bidders has yet provided proof of funds, though they are all understood to have been subject to background checks by parties involved in the sales process.

The adverse judgment against Huang was handed down in January 1999 by a circuit judge in Seminole County, Florida, and relates to a dispute with a former business associate, Yudong Zhang, and a company, T&K Guang Xin Enterprises.

According to the judgment, a copy of which has been seen by Telegraph Sport, Huang, then a resident of Las Vegas, was ordered to pay damages of $750,000 (£473,000) and interest of $788,300 (£497,000).

On Tuesday night a spokesman for Huang confirmed that the court had found against him in the case but declined to discuss what the source of the dispute was or the nature of the business venture.

Neither could he confirm whether Huang was appealing against the judgment, but he said Huang disputed that the money was owed to his former associates.

Huang has also recently won a legal dispute arising from his involvement in an attempt by a Chinese-owned car company to establish itself in the United States.

Huang was faced with suits for tortious interference with a business relationship, fraud, defamation and a breach of fiduciary duty brought by AutoChina Ltd, but won them all and was awarded $300,000 (£189,000) in damages earlier this year.

According to transcripts of the hearings, held in Miami in March, one of those behind the allegations was David Herzig, who is listed as a co-director in one of Huang’s firms, Aspen Infrastructure.

US Court records list Huang as being involved in several other court proceedings in the last six years. Huang’s spokesman said on Tuesday evening that he had not been found against in any of them, and that there were no outstanding legal proceedings against him.

“Mr Huang’s focus is now on preparing QSL’s bid [for Liverpool] and he has briefed all of his advisers that he will be making no further comment at this point in time,” the spokesman said.

Earlier Ganis indicated that a bid was not certain. In an exchange with sportingintelligence.com, he said: “Among the most important points I have tried to get out is that no proposal [in relation to a Liverpool bid] has been made and no decision to offer a proposal has been made.

“There were many reports about CIC, yet at no time to [any] party, whether [to] the media, Sir Martin [broughton] or Barcap, have we ever identified that CIC was an investor.”

Meanwhile Kirdi, whose apparently modest business background in Canada and apparent willingness to pay a premium for the club has raised doubts about his credentials, told Bloomberg that he would not over-pay for the club. “I can’t pay one pound more than value of Liverpool, I’m not crazy,” he said. Kirdi said he was backed by “big names” from the Middle East and Canada but declined to name them.

To be honest, if that's the worst they can find against Huang....

It's hardly Hicks / Gillett / Kirdi territory. One lost lawsuit and a host of wins. He may well prove to be a false prophet but it's clear from his record that he hasn't nearly the history of disaster our Moores / Parry / Gold endorsed current owners do.

He also said the money from player sales will be made available to Hodgson, which we have yet to see.

We can not allow a deal with Kirdi to go through. His bypassing of the Barcap sales process by dealing directly with the owner sand apparent lack of funding is causing me to panic.

The sheer weight of debt that the club owes to Kop Holdings (aptly enough, a mountain of debt) means, to me, that it serves the purpose of H&G to delay a smooth takeover. As every day thousands and thousands of poounds is added to that debt in interest.

Now, either Kirdi is a delaying tactic, made in the hope that Statler and Waldorf can make a bit more through the interest or... he is something much worse.

There is a possibility that Kirdi has agreed a deal with these two to buy their/Kop Holding's stake in the club, pay down the debt to RBS and the other banks but not their direct stake in Kop Holding itself (please put me right if you have read differently, I'm working again so haven't had time to read all of the gumpf flying around), meaning that the club might end up in the hideous situation that it is no longer owned by the cunts but still owes them a significant amount of money.

I'm hoping this is a late night bout of paranoia, so please, call me an idiot and tell me how I'm wrong. I've been wrong before and spend at least 40% of my time in the realm of general idiocy so I won't get offended.

I just can't see a man with no real track record finding the backing to cover all of our debts as well as the cost of the direct stakes. He stinks of Sulemain Al Fahim style opportunism to me.

“Rafael didn’t do anything good for Liverpool,” Kirdi said..................you fat fucking pizza eating cunt of a sorry excuse for a human being. Fuck right off back to Syria you twat. I wouldnt be surprised if someone kicks your head in.

I predict a riot.

“Rafael didn’t do anything good for Liverpool,” Kirdi said..................you fat fucking pizza eating cunt of a sorry excuse for a human being. Fuck right off back to Syria you twat. I wouldnt be surprised if someone kicks your head in.

I predict a riot.

HOORAY!!! That sounds like fun

I predict a riot.

Just post your passport to Mossad. Job done.

Bollocks mate, still three weeks left for that, so we should reserve judgment until then at least. Plus who would we buy ? And what would they want to be paid ?

What's bollocks? My statement was entirely factual.

I have not cast any judgement either; the point which was perhaps too subtle for you is that taking Broughton at his word may prove to be somewhat naive.

As to who we would buy, one hopes the manager has some idea on that. A left back and a striker are paramount, and they would presumably want to be paid a wage representing their value.

I predict a riot.

Fuck me, if this twat gets in, i reckon i could pack the footy in all together.

Money and Greed has completely ruined the game beyond all comprehension. Its not the game i fell in love with thats for sure. Im beginning to hope the premier league bubble bursts in spectacular fashion.