You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It’s good to read that it’s still boiling and it’s not my Covid that is making me sweat my tits off. 

Went out in the back for some “fresh” air and it’s still warm and uncomfortable to breathe in. Decided to whack the outdoor tap on and spray the hosepipe around to get a bit soggy and it was like getting a shower - the water was really warm, bordering on hot. Must've been from where the hose had been left in the sun. 

Those 18 and 19 degrees showing on the forecasts for 1 in the morning can’t come soon enough. 

You can tell it’s hot as the “it’s just summer” knob on my Facebook has gone from that position on Sunday to, today, refusing to send her kid into school as they’re (allegedly) not doing enough to keep the kids cool. 

19 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Just looking at the news and seen pictures of Brighton Beach, looks grim as fuck, can't see sand on the beach for people all crammed onto it.

I'd rather sit in hell.

Don't get me wrong I love the nice weather but not a chance I'd be anywhere like that.

You wouldn’t see sand mate, it’s a pebble beach 

The people will be pretty much all scummers though 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PestiRed said:

Trains shut down, runways melt, roads fail. Is the entire U.K. built out of marshmallow?

Rail engineer explained it on Sky. Rail the world over usual steel which gives a 45 degree heat tolerance for its usual weather. The UK is -10 to 35. Dubai would use steel giving a 10 to 55 tolerance. We just don’t operate at this level of heat.

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Rail engineer explained it on Sky. Rail the world over usual steel which gives a 45 degree heat tolerance for its usual weather. The UK is -10 to 35. Dubai would use steel giving a 10 to 55 tolerance. We just don’t operate at this level of heat.

Thats quite of bit of rail to replace - it's not getting any colder.

A rewarding evening in a temperate cooling garden. Peaceful, with an ISS sighting and some bat action directly overhead.

Just come back inside to go to bed and the house is still like a fucking oven.  I’d be better off getting a sleeping bag and heading back into the garden.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Jesus!

I thought I wasn't going to make it through the night. Absolutely horrendous heat that was, not even a hint of a breeze until I've woken up just now. I'm buying an air con unit, fuck that shit happening again.

Absolutely horrible. I haven’t slept for the last two nights. I fell asleep at 7:30pm last night and woke up at 10pm and it was still about 30C.

• Upvote 1