You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it OK to shit in the downstairs toliet?

Jennings

Can you do shits in the downstairs bog?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Can you do shits in the downstairs bog?

Our new house has a downstairs toilet.

We call it the downstairs cloak (although we dont hang coats in it) we feel this adds a touch of verisimilitude to our self-claimed poshness.

Mrs Jennings says it isn't for shitting in. She has forbidden shitting in the downstairs bog.

I have googled this quandary - but there doesn't appear to be a popular stance on this.

I'll abide by this vote.

Edited by Jennings

popular opinion is likely going to be 'yes', but i'm going with 'no'.

if you want to be posh, then you should keep it free of such degradation. i just renovated our main bathroom, and it's far to nice for such things.

i have my own man-cave downstairs that i prefer for quiet seclusion anyways.

I have found the quickest way to attaining a spell in the spare room is to wait until about 10 minutes before the wife's mates arrive & then leaving a miasma in our downstairs loo that would put a fungus on a sheepskin coat.

If ever asked to summarise the ethos of the general forum, I would have to point to this thread heading inexorably towards three-figures in posts while Franz de Waal's intellectual musings slide down the postings like a brick thrown down Gaping Ghyll.

I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or not.

I live in a bungalow, so I kind of have to... my dad has a downstairs toilet right by the kitchen, and I wouldn't shit in there cos it really is right by the kitchen, but since I said yes to my own, I have to say yes on the poll.

We are that posh that we have two full bathrooms. Mrs RiS and the kids all use the upstairs one as it has bath and shower. I just have a shower in mine. I probably do 98% of my shits in mine, which is downstairs. I try to avoid it if guests are about to arrive and I know its going to be the shit equivalent of napalm. then i will blast hers and leave the window open.

Mine is the newly decorated one too, grey walls and chrome and glass fittings and a walk in shower with glass doors. It is pure man.

Guest ShoePiss

I don't know what is making me laugh more, the downstairs cloak or asking if you can shit in a toilet.

If someone asked me to shit in a downstairs cloak I'd just say no.